no playoffs?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by metrosoccer12, Sep 14, 2003.

1. metrosoccer12

metrosoccer12 New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    NJ
    does anyone think were not going to make the playoffs this year? I just took a look at the standings... if we lose a couple more and the teams that are on a role like columbus and dc united win a few more we could be in a battle with revs for the last playoff spot... does anyone else feel like we might not make it?

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Bob Bradley won't let this happen :)

3. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only team that shouldn't have to worry is Chicago. None of the other teams are set. That being said, we are still in front of everyone else, and have a game at hand.

The odds are in the Metros favor, as long as they don't play like last night.

4. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    New York Post headline: METROS SENSE DEJA VU AFTER LOSS TO REVS

Ouote from Bob Bradley in the article: "The games at the end get harder, the level of competition gets higher. We didn't show we understand that."

Jonny Walker: "It's a terrible result. Our first game in a three-game stretch at home, against a team -- I hate to say inferior, but I don't think they have the soccer playing abilities this team does. To lose to them at home, it kills me. It's my birthday and it [stinks]. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's disappointing. I don't like losing, but at home, like this, it's pretty foul."

New York Times headline: WITH A LOT TO PLAY FOR, THE METROSTARS SHOW LITTLE

Eddie Pope: "It was just an awful performance. There was no desire."

5. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first step to recovery is recognizing you have a problem.

6. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Metro will make the playoffs, but what originally looked like a conference win and a chance at home field now is teetering on the brink of 4th place. I fully expect we'll snap out of it, finish second and play better going into the playoffs but we are riding a bus full of suck right now.

If Mathis wants to go to Europe, show it now and score 8 goals in your final 7 games. Carry this team.

7. Soccerski

Soccerski Member

Dec 2, 2000
    Georgetown, CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: no playoffs?

I couldn't agree more, but the two people that did not step up and change the game - Mathis and Guevarra - have said nothing.

For me this was the biggest disappointment from last night were Mathis and Guuevarra. I was especially galled by Guevarra's smiling and chumming with Cancela at the end of the game. WTF - does he really care?

8. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: no playoffs?

I noticed that too and I was pissed about it. Especially after Cancela made an academy award perfomance right in front of less than 5 minutes earlier.

No right to be smiling after you had one of your worst games.

9. Calcio#20

Calcio#20 New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    N.J
    we'll be there

10. Soccer C

Soccer C New Member

May 6, 2001
    NY
    The odds were in our favor last year too and we all know how that turned out.

I have thought all year (right up until yesterday at about half time) that this was a different team with a different coach and it wouldn't happen again, but last night -these guys looked EXACTLY like last years team - just with different names on the shirts. That really scared me.

11. MetroAndAGuinessPlz

MetroAndAGuinessPlz New Member

Apr 1, 2003
    NY
    We'll be there but there will be no MLS Cup. Then again if Clint keeps missing chances to score easy goals like that missed shot that would have equalized late last night maybe we won't make the playoffs.