1. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    I have decided to boycott the forums until the FSU board is reunified. The idea behind creating an ex-Sovok forum was to further football and non-football relations between the people who, political realities being as they are, share the common heritage and the common outlook.
    Breaking up what was a terrific community because of one humorless thin-skinned prick is a spit in the face to everything the forum was created for.
    The fact that it was done without any kind of voting or even a consultation with me as a mod is doubly and triply disrespectful.

From now on until the forum's reuinification all my participation on the boards will be read-only.

2. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Are you serious...?

Shurik. I appreciate your staunch refusal in light of what has happened. I for couldn't care less either way - I personally felt it was all tongue in cheek humour and several people who shall remain nameless clearly got upset over nothing...

I really feel that there should be no grievances either way. If Ukraine desperately wants another board let them.

The only issue I do have, is that the other FSU teams have become marginalized and given a forum that they didn't want (shades of post-Communism eh? :rolleyes: ) They get pushed out and into a nomadic state of existence.

I only returned on holiday this Sunday - so I can't say how the decision was made - I for one, probably would have been apathetic towards it, but imo it should have been voted on or at least talked in depth and had the full backing of the board and yourself as a moderator.

I understand you're against it and as a mod, doubly so that you would be quite frankly pissed off - that this was all done, behind your back and without your say or approval.

Zenit, who no doubt has been frantically trying to PM and e-mail you, tells me that he got no responses from you and now these boards are quickly starting to descend into a farce. He assumed, as did I - that you simply were away due to work commitments and the like - and not because you feel so enraged about the circumstances here...

Whilst the move will only suffice to separate ties even further, I'm worried it'll make the tensions here far more bitter than ever. We don't want two factions waging war on each-other and ruining honest threads... turning into a Ukie/Russo bitchslap of epic proportions.

Whilst I can't condemn or condone what you said (quite honestly I couldn't give a s***t, it was funny - but what the hell) some people are like that. They will get a rise out of the smallish notions of personal stabs at their country. People are touchy, and I guess we've all got to respect that, annoying as it is.

I don't really like it. But some people aren't born with the gift to laugh at themselves. I'm British, it courses through my veins and slides off my back.

I would beg you to reconsider, but if you honestly feel - that you have been stabbed in the back and mistreat - then I'm not going to waste my time. I can't change your opinion and obviously I am not even going to insult you by even trying.

3. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your choice, Slava. As I indicated on the mod board, you had a lot to do with what happened, due to your back & forth with metros11. Some of the Ukrainians here didn't mind it & laughed about it...but metros11 didn't. Regardless of whether you or I think metros11 was too sensitive about the issue, it became a moot point when he complained about it, first to me, then to the s-mods.

I asked you as a favor to idle it back, but you just couldn't resist. I was asked to delete your allegedly anti-Ukrainian posts, which of course I didn't do. Then metros11 shows up on the mod board & accusses me of doing nothing, which pissed me off plenty, as I DID PM you about it.

In the end, your boycott makes no sense, as you had as much to do with the redivision here as anyone, in fact more than anyone here. But I hope you will reconsider, as your contributions here are as valuable as any poster on BS. In fact, as far as I am concerned, this is the ONLY English language source worth anything about Russian/Ukrainian/FSU soccer...we make the UEFA site look like a patent joke. It would be a damn shame if your petulance regarding this matter altered this. The Ukrainians wanted to have their own forum...why is it such a big deal?? 90% of posts here under FSU were about Russian soccer, and that forum is still largely intact.

4. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Let's make one thing VERY CLEAR here.

NOTHING was done behind Shurik's back, as was stated. I emailed & PMed him more than a couple times...I wasn't aware he was away, but when the s-mods & admins come to me & start telling me that they're getting complaints about stuff here, I don't have the luxury of waiting until Shurik returns.

And, again, I would like to emphasize that the whole crappy mess started because Shurik & metros11 just don't see eye to eye. If one or either party just could have left it alone, things would never have had to have been changed.

5. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NUMEROUS TIMES, your input was requested. Don't say that it wasn't.

6. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

7. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

FM, I agree wholeheartedly & hope Shurik reconsiders.

8. DynamoKiev_USA

DynamoKiev_USA New Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD
    I am completely with Shurik on this one, this reorganization because of one whiny poster is just a load of bullcrap. Where the hell is the fun of a forum when it has a total of 2-3 users? :rolleyes:

As they say in Britain -- Shambles.

9. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    Hey now that we have an only Russian forum, can we change the tagline? Cuz we don't have Hohly any more and all that jazz. Moskali only.

10. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Okay. Sorry about that. I was away on holiday. I assumed that he did not know at all and then did a vanishing act after zed changes....

But what kind of input was there over the change? Was this a spur of the moment thing, or had this been planned the minute 'Shurikgate' occured?

And I have to agree, they are both as bad as eachother - they should laugh it off and get on with things. Both provoked eachother into it. But for me, this has been something of a massive knee-jerk reaction over absolutely nothing...

This could have been settled ages ago - but has gotten out of hand...

11. DynamoKiev_USA

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD
    What he said.

12. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't disagree with either of you...a whole lot of nonsense over nothing, that started out small between two posters on these boards that just don't like each other very much. But, the two parties in question should be aware that it was/is their actions, reactions etc. that caused the whole thing to snowball out of control...and no one else.

People here are acting like I myself just came up with the RUS/UKR separation out of the blue...trust me, I did not do any such thing, status quo was fine by me.

And I'm done talking about it too...fact of the matter is, I really don't think it is that big of a deal, either way. I've wasted way too much time on this thing in the last week.

Please address further questions/inquiries about what happened or why these things happened to either Shurik or metros11. Know in advance, that they will have very different opinions regarding this matter.

My participation in this discussion is finished, as of now.

13. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shurik just returned today, after about a two week absence.

And for those consipracy theorists out there, this was NEVER planned. It was a result of a EE poster going to the amins/s-mods & complaining about a certain poster hijacking threads; there was also a complaint regarding my inaction and/or reluctance to delete said member's posts that were deemed offensive.

There's no bigger fan of Shurik's on BS than myself. I predicted a week ago he'd implode when he came back, and I was right. But again, the changes that happened were in no way precipitated by myself, or any actions I took or posts that I have made. The persons that are responsible for that know who they are.

14. DynamoKiev_USA

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD
    So no chance whatsoever of ever merging the forums back? :(

15. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably not, unless Shurik & metros11 can just agree to ignore each other.

16. DynamoKiev_USA

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD
    Can't they just be told to add each other to the "Ignore User" list, and add this nonsense for the rest of us puzzled folks? :)

17. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DK_USA, one could only hope it would be that simple. And if it was, you would think these two gentlemen could have figured this out long time ago.

18. DynamoKiev_USA

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD
  19. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    I only ask - because this wasn't the only incident between the two.

I get the impression that a move was bubbling under the surface.

20. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not true at all. I can't say for sure what metros11 was thinking about, but I can tell you honestly the thought never crossed my mind until metros11 went to Huss about it, after the last dust-up the two had.

21. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

110% agree.

22. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    You see, Shurik jokes.....you don't. But i'm ok with it because you are still just a child.

23. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    and a Moskal. :D

24. DynamoKiev_USA

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD
    Shouldn't it be "Maskaal"? :)