No-one wants any Hammers?

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by lesliemoss, Jun 11, 2011.

1. lesliemoss

lesliemoss New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Malibu, California
    After reading all the gossip nonsense, and watching Sky Sports etc, there's not one word about any team trying to buy a West Ham player!
    Not that it's surprising; after all, the team came dead bottom in the league with both limited scoring and a terrible defensive record.
    Still,you'd think that somebody would want Upson, and I'm sure Scott Parker will go to a decent team in due course. I don't know which of the squad are out of contract, and will go for nothing, presumably, but surely the owners want to get as much as possible for a few who are worth a few million quid, based on the ridiculous sums that are flying around.
    If Henderson of Sunderland is worth $16 to $18 million,apparently, surely Scott Parker, the 'player of the year',and a current regular for England, must be worth a bundle? We'll soon find out.
    p.s.I think I heard today that Newcastle want Demba Ba , who is on a free transfer.

2. Bangingfeet

Bangingfeet Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Hasnt Upson gone to Wolves?

3. TheMobyDick

TheMobyDick Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Fairfield,CT
    Whaaaaaaat.Not even for a wedding or Barmitzvah.

4. lesliemoss

lesliemoss New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Malibu, California
    He's officially left West Ham, but hasn't signed for anyone yet. I would be surprised if he doesn't sign for a Premiership team.

5. west_ham

west_ham Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Peterlee, Co. Durham
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I keep hearing these rumours too. Apparently it stems from an alleged clause in his contract which allows him to leave if we get relegated. Obviously this would be devastating for us as he would leave for nothing but we would still have to pay Hoffenheim about £6m for him. This hasn't been confirmed yet so it is still just rumours.

Also Henderson supposedly went for closer to £20m. I don't understand this. How can he go for that but Parker and Ba are valued at less that £10m?