No One Can Replace Arbeloa - Summer Transfers and Lies Thread 2016-17

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by natenate101, May 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wanted to add "but that won't stop us from trying" at the end of the title, but decided against it.

Looks like silly season activity is in motion now with out Champions League victory out of the way. Let's hope for some intelligent moves from the club as we push for the 12th, the Liga crown and every other title possible!

TRIXTA805, Tobias19, CR7PT and 16 others repped this.
  2. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    My wishlist for the summer at the moment:

Out:
    James(only if he really wants to leave otherwise keep him)
    Cheryshev
    Nacho(only if he really wants to leave otherwise keep him)
    Arbeloa
    Coentrao
    Jese on loan
    Mariano on loan
    Silva on loan
    Vallejo on loan
    Medran on loan
    Hermoso on loan
    Mascarell on loan
    Burgui on loan
    Tomas on loan

In:
    Asensio
    Llorente
    Layun or Moreno
    Gabigol or Morata
    Krychowiak or Matic

TRIXTA805, Tobias19, Excape Goat and 4 others repped this.
  3. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ good post, agree on most of it.

I need info in Llorente. Is he legit? What position did he play this season on loan? Where would he fit here?

Need a LB badly. CB if Nacho leaves. Jese on loan. Backup striker. That's about it.

4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Arbeloa out?? :eek:

Blasphemy

Tobias19, Eddie and sleepyvato50 repped this.
  5. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think he can be good backup for us and was a regular starter for Rayo where he did a good job IMO. He played center back and he would give us solid depth at CB.

Phoenix Rising and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    M.A.J ‏@UItraSuristic 2h

AS: Morata, "MY DESIRE IS PLAY & WIN IN MADRID!"

"I'm far from the kid who left the Bernabeu, more complete now!"

[​IMG]

S1na, TRIXTA805, Tobias19 and 14 others repped this.
  7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If he's willing to fight for a spot, we should keep him. You can't find a striker near his quality for 10 ME(Juve paid 20 ME in 14). Maybe ZZ can try Benz-Higuain rotation Mou had in 2011-12.

Romanero repped this.
  8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That is so awesome to hear! That's one quick piece of business to start the summer to seal up a major hole in the squad.

Tobias19, CR7PT, MadridFan22304 and 9 others repped this.
  9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    There are so many games to play next year. Also, playing with Morata and Benz when Ronaldo or Bale are resting. There are a lot of minutes at the striker position, there is no reason we can't keep the #2 option happy.

Realmadrid007, Tobias19, CR7PT and 11 others repped this.
  10. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Did Morata really say that? If so then what is Flo waiting for? Bring him home! :D

11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I hope Florentino signs him back rather than looking for profit. It's always good to have canteranos in the team and Morata has taken massive steps at Juve. Benz has had so physical problems in May with no proper back up. We need that kind of depth to win the league. Not to mention additional games in CWC and Supercopa.

12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Full interview is more ambiguous.

He says he wants to succeed at Madrid, but here there are great players. He wants to play and feel important. Next year he will play in such a team. He hopes everything will be resolved before Spain's first game and doesn't know what will happen. Says its uncomfortable thinking about helping your NT with a phone in hand eager to know his future.

He also says there are tempting offers from England not just 'cos of money. He feels playing there could make him more complete player.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2016/05/31/seleccion/1464648603_334008.html

Anon., MadridFan22304, Eddie and 4 others repped this.
  13. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    There it is. The precursor to the imminent return. Nicely done. Would love him back. He's our boy.

Also, this thread title is legit.

Eddie, raven3k and Phoenix Rising repped this.
  14. domros07

domros07 Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Maine
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still better than the same old canned response of "I'm very happy at (current club)." To even mention other clubs tells me he wouldn't be returning begrudgingly. He'd be the perfect addition: can back up and even compete with Benz, has experience both centrally and on the wing so can interchange with Ron who's been drifting inside more and more. Love it.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  15. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm surprised that no one has said "shit thread title" yet. :laugh:

16. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What are we waiting for, bring the boy back! With CL, La Liga, and CDR there's plenty of minutes available and with the amount of injury Benz gets into, I think Morata will get a lot of playing time. I hope we trigger the buy-back and keep him.

17. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's a ball playing CB, someone that can create from the back. That being said, he'll make a good back-up for next season and won't miss a step if he starts alongside Ramos, Pepe or Varane.

IN:
    - Monchi as Sporting Director
    - Adrian Marin from Villarreal (LB)
    - Diego Llorente (CB/CDM)
    - Alvaro Morata (CF)
    - Marco Asensio (W/AM)
    - Medran/Llorente/Mascarell (CDM/CM)
    - Lewandowski/Griezmann if Benzema leaves (CF)

I'd really like Pogba, but Juventus won't sell... yet.

OUT:
    - Doesn't matter.

Phoenix Rising repped this.
  18. domros07

domros07 Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Maine
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You prefer him to Vallejo? The latter is more promising. He's younger so would probably be more open to another loan spell, and it would definitely benefit him more, but he also may be more ready to help us right now as well. Question becomes if it's worth hindering the progression of a potential future stud to be slightly better at our 4th CB slot.

19. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Morata has all but said goodbye to Juve if i understand that interview correctly. Its going to be either Madrid or England for him.

I personally think we're going to get Aubameyang.

20. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Shit thread title

now that's out of the way

I don't think Pogba is needed as well, if we don't have room or a position for James we don't have one for Pogba who has basically been playing as an attacking midfielder for quite a while now.

Looking at the team logically you want a backup for each position so like so:

GK's: Navas, Casilla, Yanez
    CB's: Pepe, Ramos, Varane, Vallejo
    LB: Marcelo, Nacho
    RB: Carvajal, Danilo
    DM: Casemiro, Llorente
    CM's: Modric, Kroos, Isco, Kovacic
    AM's/Wingers: Bale, Ronaldo, Cheryshev, Lucas, Asensio
    CF: Benzema, Morata

Squad of 24 with multiple players who can cover a variety of positions. I really believe Asensio can be the next big thing if given the chance.

In:
    Cheryshev
    Asensio
    Morata
    Llorente
    Vallejo

Out:
    James
    Arbeloa
    Hermoso (Loan)
    Coentrao
    Medran (Loan or Sell)
    Mascarell (Loan)
    Silva (Loan to a Spanish team)
    Jese (Loan to a Spanish or German team)
    Tomas (Loan)

All I would change is maybe a more solid backup option to Casemiro if there are questions surrounding Llorente

21. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Llorente should be a CB option if he comes not DM. I would rather we get Kyrchowiak or Lass for that position.

Hopefully we do not go crazy with the transfers, we need smart buys, not crazy world record fee signings. Maybe when Ronaldo leaves we could do that.

A striker in Morata, a DM and a LB and call it a day

22. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #22 Excape Goat, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    I want a RB. Danilo scared the shit out f me last Saturday. Up until that point, I do not think I ever posted a negative comment about him. I suddenly learned a lot of about myself when he entered the field.

Mayoral needs a team too. Should he backup Morata or go on a loan? And if he goes on a loan, he is allowed to come back during the transfer ban, right?

madridismo repped this.
  23. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Nice. :thumbsup:

I agree if you're referring to Diego Llorente. There's also Marcos Llorente though, a CM in Castilla, who is capable of playing defensive midfield. I don't follow Castilla as closely anymore though, so I'm not sure if that's his main position or even how he has performed in the previous season.

Zidane05 repped this.
  24. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As much as I'm looking forward to the Euro's, I'm nervous of someone which we don't need having a good campaign and Flo then not being able to help himself.

Left back, defensive mid, striker. And subsequent moves depending what happens with Nacho (definitely keep if possible) and Jesé.

25. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Crucial transfer window. We're essentially signing for the next 2 seasons here given the impending transfer embargo so I can see the club going for a couple of big name signings. Next year it will be hard to convince a Pogba or a Lewandowski to sit out 4 months of the season. Imperative we bring in another striker, we can't rely on just one proven striker if we're going to be challenging for 5 trophies next season. Ideally we'd sell James and use those funds to bring in another CM. Haven't seen anything of Vallejo yet so I can't speculate on whether he is ready, but given our CB's are quite injury prone then he shouldn't be put off by a lack of playing time. What's the deal with Coentraõ? Do Monaco have the option to buy him? I wouldn't mind keeping him if he is willing to resume his role as a back up to Marcelo.

raven3k and Zidane05 repped this.