No matter what happens, Bigsoccer China will always be here - The National Team Thread 2011

Discussion in 'China' started by ntg., Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  2. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Re: No matter what happens, Bigsoccer China will always be here - The National Team Thread 2011 [R]

And then tmw:

Man Utd sign Zheng Zheng :rolleyes:

Still, a Chinese player recognized by goal.com is quite a feat when looking at the players that make these lists

3. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Re: No matter what happens, Bigsoccer China will always be here - The National Team Thread 2011 [R]

reminds me of that freaking pointless rumour of feng xiaoting going to manchester united last christmas

sino-media :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

man, i just wanna post a pointless rant:

i have been feeling rather unhappy that it would be few years that i would see team china in full action again.

if china entered the world cup 2014, i would have bet a deal that i would buy a china jersey and glorify it with Li Yi's name on the back, wear it and take a photo of myself, holding a sign of 我愛李毅大帝 and post it on the internet.

but now, the world cup 2014 is gone. :(

/rant

5. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I agree with much of your post Fevernova99, yes like it or not the CSL isn't as strong as the K or J-League and it's the individual clubs in the league who have to take more responsibility. Just look at how important Ajax and Barca have been to their nations in producing a conveyor belt of players, however my biggest problem I have with the league is the constant instability of numerous clubs within it, how often have we seen a club go under within the Chinese league system destroying the future of numerous players with them. It seems to me that clubs only survive if they have a rich owner and the CFA do nothing to help the smaller clubs within the league system. I mean does anybody know how the prize money and television rights are spread around the league, if at all. To me smaller clubs are usually the ones who produce and give the younger players their chance in professional football but the CFA do nothing to protect and encourage these teams which is why I feel that they're more to blame for the Chinese national teams predicament then any indivdual club.

6. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002

I wanted to respond to Fevernova but I didn't, now I will. Just curious what you two are basing your judgment that the CSL isn't as strong as K or J League?

If you're just using the ACL to judge, then its hard to make that judgment. Sure, CSL sides have struggled when playing K-League sides, but they've done very well against Australian and Japanese teams.

Further, I can't think of a single example where a club went under and it destroyed the future of even one player on the team.

Your "spread the wealth" argument definitely has some merits, and tv and prize money isn't spread around at all (some teams don't even have their matches on local tv) but that's true of most leagues in the world (with the exception of the Communist MLS). But it's not smaller clubs who produce more national team players, at least not smaller CSL clubs. The majority of national teamers come from 3 northern hotbeds (Beijing, Shandong, Liaoning) and then a sprinkling from Guangdong and Genbao's school. A number of the younger players who are already a part of the national team or on the horizon (Zhang Linpeng, Wu Xi, Feng Renliang, and Piao Cheng) all developed on China League clubs.

Nobody is blameless in China's failure, but the league has been doing a pretty good job at developing talent. The coaching standards are an issue and vary a lot, but at the top teams, they are very high (Lao Li or Pacheco would have been better choices than Camacho). The league has done a good job producing talent, there still are some shocking instances (Hangzhou's Gang of Seven this year), but any observer of the league will tell you things have changed a lot from five years ago.

I think if you have the right XI out on the pitch, the talent is definitely there. Gao showed that more than once. I think we're grasping for targets instead of looking at the main issue, what it really comes down to is the decision to dump Gao a month before the competition started.

7. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

this article mentioned that Iraq has fielded a player that changed his age:
    http://sports.163.com/11/1118/10/7J4QT9NQ00051C8M.html

the player is Muthana Khalid, and the news mentioned that Iraqi Football Federation might need to take responsibility. the article also mentioned that the Iraq team might be punished and kicked out of world cup, thus, China might be able to come back.

what do you all think?

even if the incident is true, i don't think that is serious enough to put the Iraqi out of the qualifier. i hope this is not a piece of crap news from the Chinese media again. the article tried to compare the incident to the Syria incident of fielding an ineligible player, except the article didn't mention Syria incident is not because of age-forging, it is because the player represented Sweden before playing for Syria.

8. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Camacho said the next national team practice will be January 15, 2012.
    This is the first time in ten years that there is not winter practice.

It is confirmed that Costa Rica will come to China for a friendly too, but date is not set yet.

9. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002

I think you're right, this incident isn't serious enough that Iraq will receive a major punishment. I also think that if Iraq were to be kicked out of qualifying because of this, they'd call for Chinese ages to be examined, and that's something I wouldn't want to see, because I can guarantee you Chinese players are guilty of this too (we already know Feng lied about his age).

10. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

How do you know that Feng lied about his age?

11. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002

Because it was reported in the media, he was suspended from the Olympic team for it and Shenhuan and Tianjin Locomotive were fined.

12. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Also kicked out of the Asian Cup 2011 squad.
    It happened just few weeks before the game.

13. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

exciting...would be great if that happened. dont wanna stop watching china play

14. zuqiu85

zuqiu85 Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agreed, in my opinion changing the age is a non-issue for WC qualifiers (since it's not a U-23 tournament like the Olympics)

15. zuqiu85

zuqiu85 Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And if this happened then Singapore would automatically qualify for the next round!:D

16. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

haha i was curious and i guess bluewings loved him -_-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwWUrAcHaXA"]Highlights of Li Weifeng (Suwon Samsung Bluewings) - YouTube[/ame]

17. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London

The thing is, Li Weifeng is actually, technically, very good, he's very good at making tackles, but he's let down by his mental game, his concentration and decision making is what causes the blunders.

18. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

there was a chinese article stating the difference of csl and k-league:
    k-league is more technical-based and fast paced
    CSL is more physical based and slow paced

as you said, li weifeng is technically good, but maybe he passed his prime, he couldn't be as good before.

19. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

yeah suwon love him (and i hope they still love him)
    i remember i was reading from a korean poster's article (he featured li weifeng)
    he mentioned li weifeng was better than other foreign defenders at suwon at that time
    at first people were skeptical of him playing for suwon, but li weifeng's work ethic and goal scoring ability won the fans.
    at the end, li weifeng won two k-league cups with suwon.

not sure why li weifeng couldn't apply it for the national team, maybe it is the team work, maybe he is getting old. ah well :(

20. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

According to the-afc.com, Hao Junmin's Asian Cup stunner was chosen to be one of the best goals for 2011.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtoCZBpWSEo"]Hao Junmin - China - YouTube[/ame]

21. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London

Not surprising, well deserved as well, it's up there with the best, perfect FK.

22. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I’m sorry about the late reply but I wanted to respond to some of the comments made by chengb02 about my reply to Fevernova’s post about whose more to blame for China’s failures, the strength of the Chinese leagues or the Chinese FA.

Yes chengb02 I am basing my judgement on the ACL and staring at the simple fact that the K and J Leagues have won the tournament five times in the last six years, plus you add the AFC Final Assessment Rankings which sees the CSL ranked below them, these are facts that are hard to argue against and while I’ll admit that the margins between the leagues are not that substantial especially when you consider actual head to head records between them until CSL teams actually win the tournament we will acording to the rest of Asian be in the shadows of these leagues.

I’m sorry but I’m genually shocked about the nievity of this comment; Shaanxi Guoli, Nanjing Yoyo and Xiamen Lanshi were all clubs playing within the professional Chinese football league system within the last several years who were completely dissolved because of finanical reasons severely harming the development or ending the careers of almost all the players within the club (with the exception of Bai Yuefeng). Beijing Hongdeng and Anhui Jiufang were other professional clubs who struggled finanically but were taken over by another club which only wanted their professional league status and quickly replaced most of the clubs players, replacing them with their own and ending numerous professional players careers in the process.

I’m not arguing that clubs within the Chinese leagues aren’t doing anything to help develop young players but I am arguing that more of them are needed, looking at Genbao's school and Shanghai East Asia and they’ve done a fantastic job in a relevantly short period in producing genuinely talented players such as Zhang Linpeng, Wu Lei and Cao Yunding who have all been capped for China’s youth team or higher, however the Shanghai East Asia’s and the hotbeds you’ve mention seem to be the exception rather then the norm throughout China. When I then look at some of the other players developed from smaller clubs that you’ve mentioned I examine Wu Xi and Feng Renliang’s previous clubs and my fear of the instability of Chinese clubs arises again when I find out that their previous clubs Hebei Tiangong and Tianjin Locomotive are not playing professional football this season or worst have been disbanded? This then brings me back to my original argument on why isn’t the CFA doing a better job particularly for smaller clubs in doing more to aid these clubs because to my knowleage that’s the end of Hebei Tiangong and Tianjin Locomotive and any hope that they will be producing another gem of a player.

Do I believe that the CSL has improved yes certainly, the fact that there hasn’t been another bribary scandal is a step in the right direction (fingers crossed) but I’m a firm believer that the Chinese league system needs to have a firm foundation in it’s football pyramid and I don’t think we’re there yet. Only once we’re there do I think we’ll have such a significant pool of talented players that nomatter whose the manager or what team they select China would still be a force within international football.

23. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002

Chinese clubs don't view the ACL as an important competition, their first priority is most definitely the domestic league, if this was to change (and Guangzhou says their focus is the ACL), I think we'll start to see Chinese clubs doing even better.

24. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

i am gonna ask a lame question here, and i hope you guys could help me out.

anyone know where i could get the newest team china jersey?
    i want the red one, not the white one, and best if they could add name on the back too.

i know bigsoccer store used to have it ONE WEEK AGO, when i click on the link, the jersey disappeared :rolleyes:

anyone knows any good websites, please list them here, much appreciated.

- your #1 troll mod, ntg.

25. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London

I bet adidas shop in China will have it :p

I remember a Soccer Scene in London had the China shirt from around 2008 but they don't seem to do China anymore, on their website the only Asian countries available are Bahrain, S.Korea and Saudi Arabia...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/08-FUTERA...cer_Fan_Shop&hash=item5ae2712afa#ht_500wt_922

How about a Li Weifeng trading card for $15? :D