No matter how corrupt, greedy, and heartless FIFA may become, Spurs will still be s*** -Other Teams

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by FabregasTED, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FabregasTED

FabregasTED Member

Jan 2, 2007
    New Haven, CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    [​IMG]

To paraphrase the great Mr. Vonnegut.

Carry on.

2. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: No matter how corrupt, greedy, and heartless FIFA may become, Spurs will still be s*** -Other Te

here here!

3. hughmanatee

hughmanatee Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Montréal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Re: No matter how corrupt, greedy, and heartless FIFA may become, Spurs will still be s*** -Other Te

"Russia is a mob-state and Putin is an arrogant soviet-style autocrat with close ties to Sepp Blatter."

4. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Get your shit together, WikiLeaks.

5. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/5...fellow-fifa-executive-committee-members-were-

so, choosing a wc host has now come down to either backhanders and/or childish ego massaging and/or ignoring corruption, but nothing to do with the actual bids? well done fifa, way to operate.....yet more shame on your (now openly) corrupt organisation.

6. FabregasTED

FabregasTED Member

Jan 2, 2007
    New Haven, CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Cmon, like FIFA would actually leave a paper trail. They're far too smart and cunning for that. Don't compare them to weak ass "governments."

7. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007

@n4100; their current captain is Somalian and their star striker Uruguayan.

Now that their status as hosts is confirmed, I am sure they will start on a long-term project to naturalize tons of promising talents from stronger football-ing but economically weaker nations.

8. FabregasTED

FabregasTED Member

Jan 2, 2007
    New Haven, CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Too bad they're late on getting some of the promising young Welshmen. Their FIFA Rankings are ridiculously similar :eek:

9. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007

They have 12 years to rectify that. Second-tier talent from the likes of Brazil and top-tier talent from Ghana/Ivory coast etc. would still make up a very good team.

10. FabregasTED

FabregasTED Member

Jan 2, 2007
    New Haven, CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Maybe they can pay footballers and breed em like they do their racehorses! Or rather maybe they already have...

11. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Hell, I'd go become a Qatareranarian to play football. Or is it Qatari? Qataranian? Qatarese? Qatarite?

12. FabregasTED

FabregasTED Member

Jan 2, 2007
    New Haven, CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

I have an original 2600 STILL IN WORKING CONDITION.

13. hughmanatee

hughmanatee Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Montréal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela

yeah, corrupt politicians would never get involved in football... or would they?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL

So Yekaterinburg is east of the Urals, Asia is hosting!

15. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

to be honest, the last few world cups have been terrible, i think 98 was the last one i enjoyed so it is what it is

football in general is fairly corrupt and shit nowadays

if it wasn't for arsenal i wouldn't bother

16. FabregasTED

FabregasTED Member

Jan 2, 2007
    New Haven, CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

t-f***in-ruth

17. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Boy, I loved this past WC. Well, except for the vuvuzelas. Germany was a dream, Spain was perfection and Ronaldo's only goal came after the ball hit him in the back. The US played OK and Landon's goals were heart-stoppers (for a US fan at least...)

18. TerpSoccerFan

TerpSoccerFan Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Rome
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

World Cups make for great drama, but they just aren't the highest level of play anymore.

Besides the fact that the top clubs have more talent than any country now, those top players exert themselves so much through the year for their club, when they show up at the World Cup, they are a shadow of themselves.

19. FabregasTED

FabregasTED Member

Jan 2, 2007
    New Haven, CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

For me, internationals are some substandard football to kill the summer, as well as a chance to scout some players that Arsenal may/probably won't sign.

20. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore

If this isn't right on, I don't know what is. 98 was great...

21. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003

i love 2002 because of where i was (amsterdam), but the 1998 world cup was wicked. probably my fave.

22. hughmanatee

hughmanatee Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Montréal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela

if you haven't already seen this video of qatar's stadiums for 2022:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcAi3GLQyOI"]YouTube - Introducing Qatar 2022's First Five Stadiums![/ame]

Pretty impressive looking and ambitious stadia...

23. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I like that you can take your trireme right to the stadium.

24. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

and it generally shows that apart from spain, every other countries players are stars for their clubs but can't do it internationally (not 100% of players)

intgernational football is pretty awful to watch now to me, it used to be exciting

25. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I still like international footy, the world cup only comes every four years! i hate the friendlies, its not like the teams they put out will be the same in four years, but whatever.

I like watching the underdogs do well and then its a tournament so nothing is certain. i dont really watch any other tournaments, the euros dont interest me much either.