No longer a Barça lounger: Sergiño Dest at PSV (olf FC Barcelona)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ChuckMe92, Oct 24, 2016.

1. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey- I visited Eindhoven (everyone should go stand on the bridge there), it was nice. Oosterbeek, on the other hand, that’s definitely bucolic.

freisland repped this.
  2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I hope he stays in a top club in the Netherlands. It's the one place where a fullback with serious defensive limitations can shine.

3. What bridge?

4. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Made TOTW:

ChicagoVT, Zinkoff, Suyuntuy and 3 others repped this.
  5. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Highest rated field player - lol. Dest' head won't fit in Phillips locker room soon!

So, assuming he jumps this summer, what would be his legitimate options that provide a better situation. I guess the first and easiest would be a new coach at Barca that thinks he can contribute. So... Bosz! lol.

Otherwise, who do we think could entice, pay and need him?

6. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought when he went to Barca and still do that Bayern is the best fit. They are a possession team that likes and can use attacking backs. I know they are in a rebuild mode but I don't know if they want him. Dortmund if they get a coach that goes back to their old ways would also be a good fit.

7. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bayern would be a good fit if Davies leaves as he would likely be the first choice FB on the roster... no offense to Guerrerio or Maz (old AJAX co-RB). But if BVB finally gets their **** together and hires a premium manager then that would be a good fit as well. Heck, maybe Gio would get another chance under a new manager as well and he and Dest could team up.?.? Seems to be working for a lot of YAs.

Pegasus repped this.
  8. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dervos, freisland, ChicagoVT and 3 others repped this.
  9. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Being a full back who dribbles a few defenders and scores a goal makes you King of Netherlands for the week. Those are the Dutch rules.

10. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    At the very least it's more fair than monarchies whose basis lies entirely upon strange women lying in ponds distributing swords

11. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you referring to watery tarts?

12. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watery tarts are tasteless and pretty awful, IMHO. Frankly, I much prefer tarts that are sweet and creamy.

13. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    Some call them 'moistened bints'

russ, Bite o' the Cherry and Pegasus repped this.
  14. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Mid-week PSV alert. The King of Netherlands of the Week will be traveling a few K east today. 1 pm (in Cal-i-forn-i-a) KO.

15. dams

dams Member+

United States
    Dec 22, 2018
    Real big game for Sergino tonight. Bright lights and lots of eyeballs on this one. Hope he struts his stuff.

16. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yikes PSV can't handle the pressure, Dest not involved.

17. randomnoise

randomnoise Member

United States
    Mar 26, 2017
    Serge played well I thought, though I think he had a couple of chances to put a shot on goal and instead overcomplicated it by trying to make a perfect pass in traffic. That seemed to be a problem for the rest of the team as well. And Luuk completely fluffed his lines on a sitter that would have tied the score in extra time.

freisland repped this.
  18. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    That miss was Wondo-esque!

19. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Wish there was one button to update the 4 threads, but here I am, working hard to make sure you ingrates don't miss the game. PSV have a Sat AM game (8:30 PST) v. NEC. Doubt Ledezma gets minutes but should be on the bench.

tomásbernal, Dervos and FirstStar repped this.
  20. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Dest started (Tillman came in for Chucky at the half, Pepi in the 60s, I think it was) PSV gets their first loss of the season. Dest earned a PK at 81 mins with PSV already down 3-1. LdJ missed it. This was one of those "statistic don't mean nothing" games as PSV had possession advantage, CK advantage, hit the wood work... but still lost. No chance of them not winning the league, but too bad for them. Much as I'm supposed to root against them, would have been cool to have had a perfect season with 4 Ams on the player payroll.

21. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    ...and one doling out the checks.

22. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Sergino and Tillman start, Pepi and Ledezma bench, against Excelsior (Pierie not in the squad). ESPN+ match. Looking to start a new unbeaten streak.

NietzscheIsDead repped this.
  23. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Guess this game didn't excite anyone? 6-0 vs Paxten and Vitesse, 0 SOG allowed, couple of chances created, played the whole match.

24. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Dest pitching shutouts is yesterday's news. Tillman's goal was thread to be at!

Dervos repped this.
  25. mattjens

mattjens Member

United States
    Jun 2, 2022
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well this is not good.

russ, BostonRed and schrutebuck repped this.