No Drums

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Slim 7, Oct 20, 2004.

1. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey RAFan. Saw you pimpin' for a camera. What was that about?

2. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    Apparently this woman is making a documentary on MLS fans, so she's been going to all of the MLS cities for a game or two and interviewing fans. On the release form I had to sign, it looked like the movie is titled "MLS Daze." So she just asked me questions like what's been my favorite MLS moment (Chris Henderson scissor in '97), which player do I hate the most in MLS (just off the top of my head I said Josh Wolff...I figure she already got a lot of "Ruiz" responses), how I became a fan of pro soccer, etc.

I asked her when the release date is and she said she had no idea. She had to go to LA still, and then she has to edit and all that.

3. Tony Cheval

Tony Cheval New Member

Mar 17, 2000
    Colorado
    Please, those chairs are built to withstand the weight of an above-average NFL fan, I think you should be OK. :D

As for atmosphere, one thing that would certainly help would be to turn off the shrieking kids, I've had to turn off the audio on webcasts because it was so audible. C'mon parents, this is a sporting event, not a roller coaster. :rolleyes:

4. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Westminster Colorado
    I don't know if you heard in the parking lot, but drummers were playing after the match in the parking lot. Sitting in 107, I didn't notice as much the absence of the drums, but I did notice them playing and cheering for the Rapids after the match in the parking lot. By the way, they don't seem to get after Rapidman when he stands on anything he can find. His antics cause more problems for me than anything else. There are numerous moments every match where I can't see anything because everyone is standing up and screaming, hoping to get something he shoots or throws. There's got to be something better!!!!! :D

5. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They also had to haul off someone who enjoyed dollar beer night too much and lost his cookies all over his shoes. He wasn't looking so hot.

6. The Grass Man

The Grass Man New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    On a soccer field
    I hate the f**** yellow jackets at the Stadium, but ...

If you fall and break your big fat head, you'll probably sue the stadium, the team, the chair maker and....why not, even the city of Denver for not informing you that it was dangerous to stand and jump on a folding chair when you are loaded with $1 beers!

if that doesn't make any sense, then I apologize, the drugs are killing all my neurons! :eek:

7. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Not that I dig yellowjackets ... but telling you not to stand on the seats doesn't seem like such a major issue.

8. Bilbo

Bilbo New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Box under I-25/ I-70
    Why is everyone so angry these days? Don't stand on the seats (you wouldn't do that in your own house either) and don't puke on the people in front of you. Is that too much to ask?

9. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    Yes, people, could we please act like civilized hooligans?

10. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The closest thing we have to hooligans are those guys walking around with that banner every game.

11. LittleMy

LittleMy Member

Jul 16, 2001
    What about that dude with the blue and black paint all over himself who runs around the perimeter of the field screeching at people?

Honestly, I prefer the cheerleaders to that guy, mostly because the cheerleaders stay on their end of the field where I don't have to see them.

12. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's not a hooligan as he'd get his butt kicked in a fight. He's the bruise.

13. Rabidratz

Rabidratz Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I wish the cheerleaders were down your end of the field then we wouldnt have them distracting fans down our end. In many cases Wellman and his group were the ones that started the chants and the cheerleaders just joined in. Put the cheerleaders down the other end to get those people chanting.
    BTW someone said that Wellman had bought those big drums out of his own pocket. Once he took them home after the whistle fiasco he would not have been able to bring them back into the stadium unless he had given them to the Rapids staff before the game. I have had to argue at many games to bring my drum in. Sometimes they look at it and have no problem and other times they will tell me I am not allowed to bring it in and I have to get the head guy to assure them I am not going to start a war because of my little drum!!
    There is one blue shirted security guy that has been in front of the 128 section almost all season and he has watched for any excuse to make trouble for them. I also hate the whistles but it was because they (the blue and yellow jackets) would not give the whistle back and used some really unnecessary language to the fans that caused Wellman to vow not to come back. He told me so himself. I look forward to the day we have our own stadium and will not have to deal with those morons.

14. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    100% True.