No decent 1st round matches

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Cruickinator, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Cruickinator

Cruickinator New Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Nottingham
    Is it just me or was that draw crap for competitive 1st round matches or the competitive matches there is are between non-descript teams.

2. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Umm..

I think Aberdeen would differ with you on that mate.

3. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Well, all small clubs who got a good opponent will see that differently, but the neutral viewer has to be patient as every year in the UEFA cup. Don't expect interesting games also in the next two rounds. From a sportive side the best first round duel might be CSKA Moscow vs AC Parma - but also here, at least from a western point of view Moscow isn't exactly an attractive team.

4. Cruickinator

Cruickinator New Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Nottingham
    Re: Umm..

Like I said nondescipt.

5. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Being a Leeds fan i will bow to your obviously deeper knowledge of non-descript :)

6. Cruickinator

Cruickinator New Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Nottingham
    Lets see is the Scottsih Premiership a strong league no. Are Aberdeen a strong team in the SPL no. Is the only reason thier well know is that fact that everybody had heard of the city of aberdeen. Yes.

7. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    All true to a certain extent mate, however they do have somewhat of a history that would not fit the nondescript criteria.

8. Cruickinator

Cruickinator New Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Nottingham
    Ok point taken.

9. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Eh,their european glories in the mid eighties, who was it they beat in the cup winners cup final again....some nobodies called real or something ;)