No deal for Toda

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by sendorange, Oct 27, 2003.

1. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Nevermind all of that, he was absolutely clueless tactically, and he wasn't used to anything even remotely resembling Premiership speed of play. Actually, DC United made him look like a 9 year old child trying to play with men. It was clear from that game that he would never be able to cut mustard in the Premiership.

I wish him the best of luck, but I must seriously question ever signing him, even on loan. I realize there is the marketing aspect ... but really, this guy cannot play. I'm glad that Pleat let him know in advance that his contract is not likely to be renewed so that he can get his agent looking for other options, and he can psychologically prepare himself for a move. But, Pleaty could have been more diplomatic about it.

-Digital

3. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I thought Pleat was very diplomatic. Far more so than any Spurs fan I know, who generally just wince at the mention of Toda's name.

Like every Spurs fan, i want any new signing to do well. granted Toda only had a few games, but he looked so clueless it was unbelievable. Inamoto had a year in the Arse's reserves just getting used to the Prem, before being let go to the mighty Fulham. I feel his year of bedding in was invaluable for his current success. But the one thing Spurs don't have is time. Freundy kicked Toda's arse, and that says a lot.