No Copa Liberatadores Final on FSC this year

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by matty311, Jul 6, 2009.

1. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I don't see the Copa Liberatadores final listed on FSC listings anytime this week, live or delayed. I realize all the matches are on FSE. But correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't FSC usually show the both final legs every year???

2. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't seen FSC show Copa Lib live. They have usually shown the final on a couple days delay. But the live match is exclusive to Fox Sports en Espanol.

3. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Fun tournament, this year, as usual. I don't mean to be insensitive to those that might not get FSE, but isn't FSE available in most places where FSC is? I really enjoy FSE because it has the SAP option to listen to the english commentary. Some of the commentators are a bit rough to listen to but at least I can understand them.

4. Willber5008

Willber5008 Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Chattanooga
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got direct TV. To get FSE do I need to get another dish? Or can I just buy another package? I have FSC through the sports pack.

5. SpectacularAction007

Jul 6, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually have the same question. I want to watch Cruzeiro win that competition. :cool:

6. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I have comcast in Pittsburgh and they have absolutely nothing in terms of spanish programming. Ive been holding out for Fios to move into the actual city instead of just in the suburbs, but that might still be a while. Direct tv has got to be the way to go though. I have been holding out a little though worrying that not everyone will pick up FSC HD if it does come to light in January. I can envision a world where Dish Network ends up as the only provider who picks up FSC HD off the bat, but still doesnt re add GolTv. Then definite choices will have to be made.

7. Riben

Riben Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Miami
    i have comcast here in Miami and i get FSE for free

8. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Have you tried watching FSE and using SAP. It seems like they have been experimenting this year. Whenever I would put on FSE, it would start out in English until I changed the SAP settings and things would normalize.

Try it out and see what happens?

9. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    If you have DirecTV then FSE is avaiable on channel 425 with an SAP option to hear English commentary and on 624 (I think) with no SAP option. If you are paying for the sports pack then both FSE channels should be included. If you are not getting the channels then you need a 3LNB oval dish. If you just started subscribing to DirecTV and they did not give you this dish, call back and tell them they installed the wrong dish and you are not getting all of your programming. If you have had DirecTV for a while and do not have this dish, it is worth finding out how much it costs to replace your dish with the oval dish. To access the SAP commentary, just push the green button when watching 425 and switch from English to Spanish. I assume English will be your default language but the default on FSE is Spanish when you choose English and thus need to choose Spanish to hear English commentary. I don't know why DirecTV can't fix this, but in the grand scheme of things I don't lose any sleep over it.

I really enjoy the commentary from most of the English commentators on this channel, although this was where I first was introduced to the horrors of Danny Lee. Luckily there was the Spanish option when Lee was doing the English commentary. Of course, once we got into the final rounds of the Libertadores Lee was no longer needed and the top 2-3 announcers have covered the games: Roger Valdivieso, Daniel Ariola, and one other guy. You can also see the Re-Copa on FSE.

10. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I have FIOS and I think that FSE comes with the sports package which also gives you GOLtv and a bunch of other sports networks. Good stuff!!!

Danielmak, how horrid is Danny Lee. I think i might have been the first to give him a shout in the horrible commentators thread on this site. I first caught him on a UEFA Cup match and had trouble sitting through it (despite the fact that it was a Marseille match).

I really enjoy Valdivieso. He always finds at least one reason to scream "OH....MY......GOD!!!! So great. Very passionate about the game and knowledgeable about the South American clubs which I am not so I find it helpful.