No Champions League Final Tickets for me :-(

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by VidER, Mar 27, 2009.

1. VidER

VidER New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    VidERia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    Hi All,

I have signed in the official website to buy tickets to the UEFA Champions League Final Match this season.

Today I got an email from them declining my request:

It got me wondering, how do they pick? I am sure a huge number of black market sellers applied as well. So how do they make sure that people who deserve attending the match only get the tickets?

I am disappointed. I had high hopes and made some interesting plans :-(

VidER

2. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    How do you mean deserving?

I applied as well and was also unsuccesful. I would imagine there were less than 5,000 tickets available in this, given the capacity of the Olymipco, the number allocated to the teams that will play, the media and of course the corporates.

So given that all of Europe must have applied, the chances for anybody are tiny. Beyond blocking multiple applications, there is not really a great deal UEFA can do.

3. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Why did you have high hopes? You had almost no chance of getting a ticket. Even if United make it to the final, the chances of you being one of the few thousand, from the hundreds of thousands that will apply, that gets a ticket are minimal. I had to use contacts in the club itself to get tickets for Istanbul and Athens.

4. bravo340

bravo340 Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Does anyone know a reliable source online to get tickets to the Final?

How about outside the stadium? Probability of buying tickets from scalpers and about how much?

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Depends who is playing. Man Utd- Chelsea would draw dozens of fans I reckon. :cool:

6. starcade

starcade New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Which is why you saw what happened today.