No Becks in Free Kick Masters?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by mrecint, Jul 4, 2008.

1. mrecint

mrecint New Member

May 31, 2006
    Fishers, IN
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just stumbled on this comptetition. It sounds pretty cool, kick winner gets $1 million and the best keeper gets 500K

Only a few MLS players in, but where's Becks? Did they figure that he doesn't need the million? But neither does Messi or Ronaldinho....

http://www.freekickmastersusa.com/home.asp

I hope I can get this in PPV.

2. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    he has a game this weekend, no?

3. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, but where's Wesley Sneijder?

4. SonicDeathMonkey

Atlanta United
    Jun 24, 2008
    Conyers, Ga.
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would love to see DeRo school the rest of those Euro sissies and walk away with a cool mil.

5. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do they need Beckham as a representative for MLS when they have Brad Davis. :rolleyes:

6. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha no European stars are showing up to this. It is the biggest joke of a competition. Podolski and Kewell both pulled out last night.

7. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right. Leonel Messi, Ronaldinho, Fernando Torres...all Euro journey men, right? PLease, shut up.

8. almshtag

almshtag New Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Do anybody knows in which channel they are going to show this event

9. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    http://www.sportbusiness.com/news/166303/fox-sports-to-distribute-free-kick-masters
    Fox Sports to distribute ‘Free Kick Masters’
    Wed, 05/03/2008 - 09:50

US-based sporting and entertainment events producer, Camelot Island Entertainment, has signed an agreement with Fox Sports International Distribution for the global distribution of the ‘2008 Free Kick Masters’.

With a format similar to the NBA's Slam Dunk Challenge, and MLB's Home Run Derby, the Free Kick Masters is a skills-based international soccer competition featuring top players competing against wekll-known professional goalkeepers.

The last Free Kick Masters was a sold out event held in Marbella, Spain which was broadcast to over 30 countries with an estimated 110 million viewers, Fox Sports International said in a press release.

The Free Kick Masters 2008 will be held July 5, 2008 in Houston's Reliant Stadium, home to Super Bowl XXXVIII. The player crowned Free Kick Master will receive $1 million in prize money, and the ‘Golden Goalkeeper’ title winner will receive $500,000.

10. stagnant

stagnant Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    It will be shown sometime in the future on Fox Sports International.

The event is a total joke, it was moved from December to July, thousands of free tickes have been given away and countless stars have been listed on their site as competitors and they suddenly dissapear without reason. The best part is they were listing guys on their site as competitors with a side note that they were negotiating an expected to sign a contract... I guess they couldn't seal the deal because their names soon dissapeared.

Seriously, this has been a sketchy event from day one. I will be there tonight and I hope it goes well but at the same time I have a feeling even more guys will be no shows tonight.

I noticed a Spurs fan started this thread, well Spurs target David Bentley was supposed to be there tonight then last night I check the site and his name was magically not there anymore. Bummer.

11. almshtag

almshtag New Member

Jul 5, 2008
    thank u very much appreciate your help bro