NJ vs FC Gold Pride

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by soccerreigns, Aug 5, 2009.

1. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    any one at the game? please give details how sky blue played? sounded like from the audio that sb played veery well.

2. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I am curious, given your love for the Team and the players and the owners - Why were you not at the last home game ?

3. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    :confused: weird weird..

so anyone out there that was at the game update please if you can

4. cobi13

cobi13 Member

Aug 16, 2004
    NY
    Game was 100% Sky Blue. FC Gold Pride literally had two legitimate chances, and I don't exaggerate when I say Sky Blue should have finished at least five tonight. They out shot the Pride 22-6. And the crowd was spectacular. It was the second best numbers wise behind opening day, but easily the best energy wise. Sell out of 5K+

Recaps:

http://www.womensprosoccer.com/Home/news/general/090805-nj-bay.aspx

http://equalizersoccer.com/WebPages/news/newsDetails.aspx?nId=599c354c-8be8-4b03-8507-673f04985597

5. Stepup

Stepup New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Congratulations to Christie as player/coach and the team for playing so well. Christie as coach reminds me of when Mia Hamm had to take over as goalie. I hope Branam is good to go for the next game but I was not worried with Bardsley holding down the fort. GO SB!

6. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Than you for the info...thats what the audio sounded like as well..that sky blue domnated and Kai had 6 great chances some one on ones they said and only finished with one goal.
    Hopefully they can keep the momentum.

7. SCCL

SCCL Member

Oct 31, 2001
    What happened to Branam, to come out in the first minute?

8. moog

moog Member

Mar 2, 2003
    eastern PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    She never played, but they had put her on the roster as the starter, so Bardsley was technically a sub. Bardsley was in the starting eleven for pre-game introductions.

Heard Branam had been sick, but no specifics.

9. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for Answering, that is about what I expected....

10. DoronTam

DoronTam New Member

Aug 7, 2009
    East Brunswick, NJ
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Not every team is able to rise to the occasion, to compete through adversity, and triumph in the end. Sky Blue FC has faced many hardships this season, from coaching changes, injuries, tough losses, and the general grind of a long season. But throughout, the team has shown a resilience that belies their standing as a first-year team and has catapulted them right into the thick of the playoff hunt. After starting the season in last place, Sky Blue FC will battle for third-place and a home playoff game at the Washington Freedom on Saturday, August 8th. You can follow the game by listening online or by watching MatchTracker at www.skybluefc.com. I, along with the rest of the staff, will be heading down to the game at the Maryland SoccerPlex; it would be awesome to take over the stadium and color it in bright blue and orange! So everyone should make the trip down and catch the last regular season game for both clubs at 7:00PM.

In addition to all of the great storylines off the pitch, there’s the game itself. Sky Blue FC features the only player/coach in the entire league, and Christie Rampone enjoyed a very successful debut against FC Gold Pride, playing the full 90 minutes only 2 weeks after having surgery and leading a strong back line to a dominating 2-0 victory. The team was put against the ropes before the game even started as usual goalkeeper Jenni Branam was forced to sit with an injury, vaulting Karen Bardsley into the starting spot. Sky Blue FC weathered Gold Pride’s offensive storm in the opening minutes and settled into the game. At the start of the second half, Sky Blue FC decided to come out with fire under their cleats and scored under a minute in. They kept up the attack and scored again to take a controlling lead, and with Bardsley keeping the goal closed tight, the team took control of its own playoff destiny before the final game.

Sky Blue FC also features Olympic Gold Medalists Natasha Kai and Heather O’Reilly, internationals Rosana, Kelly Parker, Anita Asante, and Collette McCallum, and stars Kacey White, Kerri Hanks, Keeley Dowling, and Jenni Branam. The Freedom feature July’s WPS Player of the Month Abby Wambach, Cat Whitehill, and international stars Sonia Bompastor, Homare Sawa, Lisa De Vanna, and Erin McLeod.

11. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you doing an A&E Biography?

12. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @DoronTram: that post reads like a press release. did you really mean to post it in this particular thread? or did you mean to put a link to the game report from the wps pg but copied the thing instead? was that last paragraph at all necessary?

13. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Oh, y'all be nice. Maybe he's practicing?

14. soccerbs

soccerbs Red Card

Jun 14, 2006
    I wish they reported on their off field happenings as well as they wrote that press release.