Nitty Gritty NE-Metro Analysis

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Vistula, Oct 27, 2003.

1. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Score at the half:
    Noonan 1, Woly 0.

Better get that avatar ready.... :)

2. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    Our 3-0 and 5-1 victories over them this year say otherwise...

3. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I don't know. The Revs have outscored Chicago by a total of 10-5 in 4 matches this year. I'd say that gives us a slight chance against them....

4. RevsNumberONE

RevsNumberONE New Member

Oct 22, 2003
    New Jersey
    watch us...

5. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great. Something even more embarrassing than the MPF dogs.

6. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    The Revs have Chicago's number -- at least part of the time. The semifinal will be a brawl not to be missed. It will be played in Chicago -- with both sides of the stadium opened and probably filled with 25 to 30k -- so it will look good on TV. I would give the advantage to Chicago.

I don't see either Metro or DC pulling rabbits out of hats next week; it's been a weird season, but not that weird.

I would predict a Chicago-LA Final, with the first Triple Crown on the line.

As a Metro fan I predict nothing for us till we get out of the Swamp. The place has been a blessing and a curse from Day One. A blessing, since it gave notice that MLS meant Major League even if 1500 showed up. We would play where the Giants and the Bears play; that's how we see ourselves. It was a smart move.

But Metro has suffered economically at the Swamp, and, at this stage, 3rd class tenant status has lost the little lustre it once had. Harrison will make a big difference, because no matter how bad the season, we will still have a home, a place of our own, and no NJSEA goons. Instead, we will have our own goons. There is a difference. :)

"'Tis a consolation devoutly to be wished."

7. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    make that one week