Nistelrooy's next game for Netherlands??

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Duniyadnd, Nov 2, 2003.

1. trams

trams New Member

Nov 13, 2003
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Kluivert or van Nistelrooy?

I would have to answer... no he has not. Like tmeuz stated it may have much to do with the players around him. Specifically, I think it may have a lot to do with the way he and Kluivert play as a unit. I have rarely seen van Nistelrooy paired up with anyone else up front for Oranje. I'm not putting down Kluivert at all, I am just saying he and RVN may not be good on the pitch at the same time.

Maybe (as other's have stated) the answer is Makaay up front w/ van Nistelrooy. Although I believe RVN is a stonger player than Kulivert, it seems odd to take out Kluivert simply because of the lack of production from RVN when he and Kluivert are on the pitch simultaneously. Kluivert produces fairly well for Holland (maybe not a much as RVN for Man U, but far more often than RVN for Oranje.)

So is Kluivert the problem or is Ruud? The midfield produces enough chances up front and lately have been scoring most of the goals (thanks to van der Vaart and company), so I don't blame the midfield for the problem.

So far as I have seen Dick Advocaat thinks RVN is the problem (benched him vs. Czech) I would like to believe he has a bit more insight into his team's chemistry, but who knows, maybe he's simply playing favorites. So back to the question at hand.....

Is Kluivert the problem or is van Nistelrooy? I'm anxious to hear everyone's comments. Hup Holland!

Finally we can watch Holland live in america!
    http://linux967.dn.net/setanta/jsp/NA_venues.jsp

2. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    welcome to the boards trams. i am also from ft laud, well weston and parkland really, but same thing.

3. trams

trams New Member

Nov 13, 2003
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks

Thanks for the cordial welcome astabo0t. Good to see some other Dutch supporters in South Forida. Seems the Holland v. Scotland game is only playing in broward at a bar in Oakland Park. Is that the case? or has my research been a bit incomplete? Doesn't matter much, if it's only playing in OP, than that's where I'm going!

Hup Holland!

4. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Thanks

hmm im in quito right now so im not particulary sure. i will get to watch it tho! but i just spoke to my friend in weston and he told me a place is showing it there.
    i am not sure if it is still a movie theater, but it was called weston 8 i believe. he told me they are now showing all qualifying games and will show euro 2004 games on the theater screens. anyhoo take 595 west to either 136av or indian trace (both are on either sides of weston road which you will need to get to, but there is no off ramp, you could take sr84 tho). either way im sure you could find your way to weston rd by using sr84 after getting off.
    once on weston rd take it south (only way to go anyway) to indian trace, turn left at that right, you will pass a publix shopping center (country isles plaza i believe) and go up a hill, before reachign the top turn left (there is another shopping center behidn the publix one), the movies are in there.
    call them up to and find out. the game is on at 10 i believe. c ya

5. trams

trams New Member

Nov 13, 2003
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks again

On theatre screens! ...than that's where I'm going. I'll call them tommorow and find out to make sure. I appreciate it. Do you think it's a bit much if I bring my Holland flag? Being that it's on TV, it may be a bit over the top. thanks again.

6. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Thanks again

i'd say bring your flag and leave it in the car, go in and see how the atmosphere is (if ppl actually show up).
    keep me informed so i know if my friend was correct and this place actually does do that.

7. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Asta and Trams

Enjoy the match, I'll be watching it via Sentanta is a pub here in Chicago where I expect to be outnumbered 10-1 by Scotland supporters. But who cares, let's go Oranje!

Welcome to the boards Trams!

8. trams

trams New Member

Nov 13, 2003
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Windycity... I was born in Chicago and I have tons of family up there. We used to live in a in a city west of Chicago that was almost 100% Dutch. Northern Illinois has a huge Dutch population, so maybe you wont be out-numbered at the pub. --> let's just hope they all like soccer! Hup Holland!

Asta.... The cinema in weston you were talking about isn't showing any European games, but they are showing most of the CONMEBOL WC qualifiers. Some friends and I are going there wednesday to see Argentina v. Columbia at 9:00pm. Thanks for the tip!

9. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    trams

As it turned out it was mostly (unhappy) Dutch supporters at the game.

10. trams

trams New Member

Nov 13, 2003
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Windycity

I got to watch the game with a bunch of chanting Scots... it was absolute torture. We'll get them in Amsterdam!

11. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    trams as your new friend i will give you some advice, watch ecuador vs peru. i will be at the game (in person) and it should be a very good game. these are maybe my 2 fav teams from south america (although we are supposed to hate eachother). i believe it will be shown right before the argie game.
    and hopefully the argie game will be good cuz something is very wrong with colombia right now. they lost in bolivia back in september like 4-0 or so and i blamed it on the altitude, THEN they lost to VENEZUELA!!! yesterday!!!! thats sad *#*#*#*#. lol have fun.
    it should be fun, cuz right next to the movies is a bar/billards club owned by a colombian, many ppl go there to watch games, i guess he is renting out the theater. it should be a good atmosphere there.

12. trams

trams New Member

Nov 13, 2003
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Asta

sounds like a plan to me... I'll see if my buddies want to get out there early on wednesday to catch the Ecuador game. I'm sure they will, my one friend's girlfriend is from there so she'll probably come too. Enjoy the game!