NISA (New NASL-allied D3 league) Mega-Thread

Discussion in 'NASL' started by oneeyedfool, Jun 6, 2017.

1. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    OK. They intend to be a New York City team. I didn't read closely enough. That makes more sense.

2. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    England
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But still, how are they going to attract players when the nearest city is over an hour away?

3. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    Apr 7, 2018
    I’m not sure I understand your question. They only have be at the Hudson Sports Complex on game days. They can practice in the city.

4. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    England
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a 90 minute drive on a quiet day. There must be somewhere closer.

5. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    Apr 7, 2018
    I'm not sure why it matters, though? They're only playing there because they literally cannot have anyone come to the games anyway.

Besides, each team in the east only plays 2 home games, anyway: https://www.nisasoccer.com/full-schedule

(Unlike the Roots, who have no home games)

6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Known best for their apples in the fall and the best homemade ice cream in the state

Zamphyr repped this.
  7. bnyc

bnyc Member

Jan 20, 2015
    New York
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    The facility in Warwick [a wealthy NYC suburb] is owned by former Leicester City player Christian Fuchs and his wife. Considering the short time frame that NA and the Cosmos had to turn up a place for the Independent Cup matches the facility was fine. I have no idea why anyone would complain during a time of Pandemic Virus with attendance prohibited by the State of New York about the lack of proximity to Newburgh. Obviously NA is only there temporarily.

I was impressed with approach to young players and their development that NA has. They have several teenagers in the squad and played them against the Cosmos. Wynalda has an opportunity to develop players here and maybe a club as well.

8. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    England
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the players I was wondering about, not fans. I'm assuming they're part-time. Where do they live and train?

9. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    Apr 7, 2018
    In NYC.

I don't understand what you're not getting here. They are playing 2 games (well, 3, since the Independent Cup game had to be moved there) in Warwick.
    They can take the team there by bus. They don't need to train there.

bnyc repped this.