Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Dante, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone watch the unveiling last night? $299.99 at launch, on March 3rd.

I'm going to pass on it, the only launch game unveiled was the new Zelda game, which also comes out on the Wii U the same day.

Nintendo's online service will be pay to play come Fall, but you need a smart device app to use invites, party chat, etc.?? That's a MAJOR fail to me.

For me this is the Wii U all over, an underpowered device with poor support. I'll wait until the price drops.

2. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And, in classic Nintendo fashion, preorders are already sold out ... willing to bet inventory will slowly trickle out, like molasses running uphill in January.

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The more Ive read about it the more I'm glad that I'm not going to bother buying it any time soon. The severe lack of games screams Wii U for me. 4 games on launch day, 4. 2 are ports of games that have already been released elsewhere, 1 is the new Zelda (which will be out on Wii U on the same day) and the other is that ARMS game.

The accessory prices are outrageous as well.

4. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Hardware limitation (compared to x1 and ps4) does not bother me as much as the weak launch line-up.
    Not launching with a Mario game? Wtf are you thinking Nintendo?!
    And the only third party support being Skyrim, which is a 5 yeard old game, and Fifa...
    The presentation was dumb. Showing off motion controls again... God damn it, NO ONE GIVES A SH!T.

However, Mario Odyssey and Zelda looks absolutely fakkin amazing!!
    That to me warrants a purchase without thinking twice about it!

5. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

The music/orchestra is really powerful. And cant get over how amazing it looks, the art style is just spot-on. This is going to be the biggest and most epic Zelda game to date!

6. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Well, I just got my Switch and Zelda soooo :p Don't mind waiting for games as I have a gigantic backlog on PS4 to tie me over until Mario comes out

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I think I posted it in the other thread but I got the Switch as well lol got Zelda and Shovel Knight as well. Man, I am LOVING Shovel Knight. Never played it before, glad I did now.

What's your Nintendo ID @juventino13 ? Mine is juventuz, like on all the other consoles lol.

8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Haven't even set it up yet, lol. I just got back from work so I'll be setting it all up soon. I'll post it here when i have it

Dante repped this.
  9. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Did you get a micro SD card? I got 200 gb Sandisk sd card for my Switch.
    I plan to buy all the "big" releases retail, and then use the SD card for the smller Indie titles. Gonna buy Shovel Knight now. I heard Snipperclips is allso quite fun.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I got one as well. Loving Shovel Knight, so much so that I haven't played Zelda in a week.

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  11. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Been very busy so only started playing botw yesterday. It looks breathtaking. The game looks like all the art covers out there. The graphics look like art.
    I was in the great plateu for 4-5 hours, just taking it all in.
    This game will probably take me a year to finish. Lol

Switch has a meager line-up of games, theres not much to play, but that gets totally compensated when you have a game like breath of the wild. This game will swallow all my gaming time. :D
    Also got Shovel Knight and Snipperclips.

12. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Played like 20 hours of Zelda now. Solved around 20 shrines and spent a lot of time exploring and unlocking the map. And I havent touched the main story yet. Havent even reached Impa (which is the first mission after you get the paraglider and get off the great plateu)

Good bye social life lol :p