Nike Thread [9] - all info, questions, pictures HERE please!!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pspdudeman

pspdudeman New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its because they haven't changed the picture. that's the sample picture.
    same thing on kitbag.

2. Gerrard95

Gerrard95 New Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    what? its not the same picture ?

3. pspdudeman

pspdudeman New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. theking79

theking79 Member

Mar 20, 2010
    so they wont be stocking lasers?

looking at JJB's website they have a blue/yellow lasers, which is top end.

They are stocking the new legends, which is top end bar elite (which no store like this stocks)

Any idea why they have stopped this? surely this will limit the amount of sales, people looking for top end in the store will go for adidas, a bit stupid.

5. Bluemoon17

Bluemoon17 New Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I have no idea why they have stopped.

Sports Direct and JJB are both stocking the newest top-end Legends at the moment.

JJB stocked the Blue/Yellow Lasers and Sports Direct stocked the Black/Red/Silver Lasers.

Neither company has or will get the Lasers in for the White/Black/Blue Lasers (JJB will sell the Strikes and Shoots) or the Red/White colourways (Sports Direct will sell the Strikes and Shoots).

Also, in regards to the CTR they were a Sports Direct exclusive. That is up until now, when both stores should be selling the CTR line, but not the Maestri's. JJB with the White/Cyber/Black, Sports Direct with the Black/Retro.

And as for the Mercurials, neither company will sell Vapors in either the Cactus/White (JJB) or the Black/Red/Silver (Sports Direct). They will only sell the Miracles, Glides, Victorys.

I have no idea why, unfortunately.

6. theking79

theking79 Member

Mar 20, 2010

ok thanks,

Pro direct seem to get all the stock, I guess nike knows they will sell on pro direct, unlike in a JJB.

how do you know all of this by the way? do you work in a store?

7. Bluemoon17

Bluemoon17 New Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    It could be something to do with the contracts each store gets in terms of what they sell. Or maybe Nike are just limiting stock to their own stores, who knows. Whatever the reason, I can honestly say it's a wrong one. Adizero's are so easily available in such a wide range of colours, and at such affordable prices, you would have to be mad to get a Superfly now (in my opinion at least).

And yes, I work in a Sports Direct store. Hence my rather extensive knowledge of boots haha

8. theking79

theking79 Member

Mar 20, 2010
    yep i dont understand why nike have done that, hopefully adidas dont follow suit.

9. Koby7STAR

Koby7STAR Member

Feb 16, 2007
    England
    What is the best way to polish or make Nike chrome Vapor boots shiny?

I noticed that when Ronaldo wore the Chrome and lime nike mercurial 1 boots in 2002 and 2003 they were shiny and I would like to know if there is any way to get this boot shiny again as they look dull in some places..
    so any advice on how to make them shiny really..eg best products to use...

10. TommyGooner

TommyGooner New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I have a pair of Ignite's coming in tomorrow so that'll overlap the CTR return now. I sent them back(If in the US, you don't need a receipt)today and I hope I get a voucher for them within the next month.

11. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You should really send them back. Ive sent back 2 pairs (red/black & white/silver) for the same reason. All you need to send back is the shoes along with the paper you print out from Nikebiz when filing the claim. Send the shoes back in any box and youre good. They send you $180 vouchers back.

Its actually quite fast. They dont open Fridays though. Both times ive done it they receive my shoes on a Monday, by Thursday of the same week the shoes have been inspected and approved. They send the voucher that day, and it arrives on Monday. I assume it varies on the state you live in though.

12. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  13. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    haha, someone stole a pair boots you try on in the nikeid studio?

haha, actually..black out superfly,lasers,ctr's maybe more people should steal them..

as for the jjb/sports direct thing..Its a big blow really, as those are the stores you could just go in and try boots for a low price (sports direct more so) Its pritty crap though as the adidas part of the boot room is full of top end boots all the latest colours whereas the nike part is kinda looking bare, bad move by nike really

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Once they go dull you can't make them shiney again. Its as if the chrome coating wears off. There isn't a way to make them shiney once they go like that, which is ashame.

appleCORR

15. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Makes a change!

There is never anyone on the boot section in my local one, you end up standing there for ages until someone comes to serve you!

appleCORR

16. Gerrard95

Gerrard95 New Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    just a question, my ctr360 broked up a while ago and i ve sent them to prodirect for 2 weeks ago. does anyone know how they do, if they will tell me when they will send me the new pair or something? :)

17. frannie11

frannie11 Member

Oct 9, 2009
    uk
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    ^ring them. i rang after 4 days of sending to them and they had looked at them and were ready too exchange them... but just hadnt rang me!

18. kasaki

kasaki Member

Feb 22, 2009
    U.S.A
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Had my vapor vi for a couple months now and I JUST started getting blisters wtf? reason why I need new boots, maestri or adizero, man this is tough

19. andresdiaz14

andresdiaz14 New Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    guys, quick question

when i bought vapors IV berry, they gave me nasty blisters on the heel.
    then i bought blackyellow vapors V. I wore them for some months and NO blisters, but then i stop using them and started wearing other boots. When i laced up and played with the vapors V after not wearing them for a long while, i got ********ing blisters, and i still get them.

i want to buy superfly ii, but im afraid of getting blisters

what should i do?

20. trueport

trueport Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    im surprised your Vs did that, maybe your foot changed a little bit..but if you REALLY wanna pay 400 dollars for a plastic shoe then just be smart when you wear them for the first couple times and wear them for small amounts of time until they are comfy

21. andresdiaz14

andresdiaz14 New Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    i want the obsidians one because they are at 300$ in soccer.com, 270$ for me (goal club) so i think its a good deal.
    if i buy them, i wont be able to use other boot than the superfly, hoping i dont get nasty blisters like i did with berrys

so again, should i buy them?

22. trueport

trueport Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    you cant wear any of your other boots?
    every foot is different though and noone can say whether or not you will get blisters. but most people get blisters from mercurials

23. andresdiaz14

andresdiaz14 New Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    im currently wearing my other boots, i cant wear vapors right now, the blisters are killing me.
    ill guess ill just go with adizeros :)

24. trueport

trueport Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
  25. nbvb

nbvb Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so i wore my green vap iv today for the first time in probably a year (been wearing adipure) and i noticed immediately that the heel band was coming off. like the glue was failing. not that i care really, but i just found it odd that after not being used for a year, and never heavily used at all, they show signs of damage...