Nike Thread [7] - all info, questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by ctoa23, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Continued from [6]

Go on....

PS. Let's not post "sub/subbed/subbing" or anything like that so we can keep the post count down. Instead, you can subscribe by going to Thread Tools>Subscribe to this Thread

2. davoo

davoo Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    beside the moderator, first post?!

3. soccerman11

soccerman11 Member

Aug 11, 2009
    wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    not cool dude... not cool

4. Adidasc10

Adidasc10 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Does anyone know when the Nike mercurial vapor white/black and blue instep are coming out? Also for the same boot are they bringing a superfly version

5. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So since my bday is coming up i guess im going to pick up some cleats. Ive always been a Vapor guy but this time i think im going to switch it up. Ive narrowed it down to CTRs and Laser III. I tried on the CTRs and they felt great. Very soft and comfy. I havent tried on the Lasers yet but the only reason im considering them is because they have a decent variety of colors on NikeID (so far thinking about blackouts), but they also have the hybrid configuration for them. I just want to clear this up, are hybrid studs ok to play in when the field is in normal conditions? Cause i know some people say playing with SG when not necessary may hurt your feet.

6. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If you ID the lasers get them k-leather. Super comfy

7. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not a fan of k-leather lol. For me i get a better touch on the ball with synthetic and they are much easier to clean. Fields over here can get messy so k-leather would be ruined quickly. As of right now im leaning more towards the CTRs. If i get the CTRs then i wouldnt feel too bad picking up some Vapors later on in the season if they start to grow on me lol. I still have the Laser II from last year just laying around, havent been able to sell them.

8. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I made the switch from vapors to to CTRs this past winter (except MVIIIs) and I really would recommend it. If you only play in vapors, you forget what it feels like to play when your feet feel good. Only downside i've found is that the kangalite is kind of thick. you get used to it though.

9. mercurialsl

mercurialsl New Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Sydney, Aus
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    yeh defs get CTR's, i swapped from SL's and superfly's to ctrs and they have been great, takes 5 mins to break into and they are super comfy and the kanga-lite material or whateva its called is very comfy and the price is so good compared to superflys and that but i have the white/silver and blue ones which look classy but after you play a few games in them they are pretty hard to clean, the green grass kind of stains the material
    CTR 360 > Mercurials imo...

10. Utd16

Utd16 Member

May 24, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ARe the maestris really that good? I was going to get a pair of superflies but reading two vapor guys switch and love it makes me want to try them

11. frannie11

frannie11 Member

Oct 9, 2009
    uk
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    ive always had vapors aswell just waiting for ctr's to arrive in the next few days...not sure how i will get on with them but from what everyone says about them there could be a change of heart.

12. Utd16

Utd16 Member

May 24, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I know that there isn't really a specific boot for a position but how good are the maestris when shooting? I play forward and I am considering getting a pair.

13. DMed7

DMed7 Member

Sep 29, 2008
    i recently ordered a pair of superflies from PDS, sadly, they are too small. I live in the US, what is the return policy for PDS and is it costly to send them back ?

14. misterbroom12

misterbroom12 Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been a vapor guy since they game out and I got the CTR's in late November and I love them. Although contrary to previous posters, I still love and prefer vapors to them. To me vapors fit perfectly and have no comfort problems, but that just goes to show that it all depends on your foot. Anyone looking to buy and having indecision problems should just try on each boot they are contemplating and make a decision from there.

15. CSchultz9

CSchultz9 New Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  16. frannie11

frannie11 Member

Oct 9, 2009
    uk
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    those blue ctr360's are perfect!!!!!!!! i hope they are a colourway thats coming out because they are mine :D

17. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    when are they suppose to come out? The site looks pretty legit to me

19. blynch923

blynch923 Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    finally found a site that still has some vapor iv's still in stock. just ordered a pair of charcoal iv's. best vapors ive ever had. can't wait till they come in :)

20. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which site?

21. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
  22. blynch923

blynch923 Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  23. hhh010

hhh010 New Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Karpathos
    :confused::confused::confused:

I'm going to be buying Lasers soon but what do you guys think I should get Laser III K or Laser III?

24. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    We don't know. It's your call.

25. charlieblanko

charlieblanko Member

Dec 8, 2006
    cal south
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    13-Year old muscular girl with wide foot wants all black Nike's but has jacked toes. Any suggestions?