Nike Thread [21] - all info, pictures, questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Previous thread : https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/...-info-pictures-questions-here.1995077/page-58

Last Post :

appleCORR : I did think about that I've washed my flyknit trainers loads and they've been fine but is the sole plate just glued on? I think that would be the only part of the boot at risk of damage and I still don't think a wash would get all the marks off just fade them in places.
    And I know he was doing it for the point of the video (although he then made out it wasnt important) but why didn't he just bang his boots together after playing to get most of the mud off as for the cleaning .... WAY too much effort and then as he said you have to allow for them to dry? I love the look of the boot I really do but I need more convincing that this will work for the general public so I'm looking forward to seeing everyones pictures & reading reviews.

appleCORR

2. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    @appleCORR7 I know about them because I'm always washing yours aha

No seriously, my girlfriend has one, it's the wash bag or bra clips ripping jumpers and stuff, I am a domesticated goddess you see. It could work on a colder wash/sports wash

I like them myself. But Sunday league would destroy them, even if you are quick the overall conditions would eventually catch up with the boot. Think we will see a lot of people/non pros in the 3rd tier boot/ctr equivalent.

I've just seen Christian Eriksen's Instagram and he's making the switch to magista too. Wonder if players like Wiltshire will switch to the top end magista, as he's not a main ctr poster boy wonder if he will wear the magista or change to another line

3. Space bar

Space bar Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
  4. JEN14

JEN14 Red Card

May 8, 2014
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    One thing I'm interested to see is how many players actually wear the Superfly IV. Or if they choose to wear the Vapor X

5. niterida09

niterida09 Member

Dec 20, 2005
    its all gimmicks im not buying this flyknit foolishness. unless my foot can be 100% dry and not rip the flyknit then thats the only way id buythem. still doesnt make sense to me and wont till i acutally hold them and inspect them. the cctr equivalent looks better to me without the sock..ill probably get those. and the fact that themagistas would probably affect my shinguards are a no no. straight gimmick but nike ar master marketers...well played

6. I<3F50

I<3F50 Member

Nov 27, 2007
    From someone that owns the Flyknit running shoes I can say for me personally Flyknit is no gimmick. I had Nike Frees before and can safely say I won't be going back to Frees anytime soon and will continue buying Nike's Lunar Flyknits until something better comes along. Unbelievably light and strong.

soccercleats1234 and David89 repped this.
  7. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    completely agree, great fitting and comfortable, for a leisure/fitness shoe, football boot is completely different, specially for those of us who can't just go out and buy another pair because some centre back at sunday league put his studs through the top of your magista.

time will tell, but I'm not sure many non professional players will be buying them

jayc23 repped this.
  8. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Talking about Magistas, Mascherano had choosed the Opus...

9. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talking crap about me again?!

FootySpy repped this.
  10. teamescape1987

Aug 21, 2010
    Club:
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Don't know if this has been mentioned already but in the Nike Winner Stays On ad Ronnie is wearing a prototype version of the Superfly. No carbon fibre soleplate and only 2 rear blades rather than the 4 on the production model. CR7 Superfly IV.png

11. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It was mentioned before... for me, looks like he's wearing the SF4 with the MV8/9 soleplate...

Oli Coultas repped this.
  12. futtie

futtie New Member

Nov 5, 2013
    When are the black magistas being released for sale, for sure?

mindgame16 and mretrum repped this.
  13. aronparon

aronparon New Member

May 13, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The boots I'm considering are the Puma evopower 1, Nike hypervenom phantom, 2014, 2014 adidas f50 samba synthetic or 2014 adidas f50 samba leather. Also I wanted to know if buying fg studs or ag studs really matters. I play almost always on artificial grass but finding ag versions for a good price is trickier than fg and im not sure if its even worth it.

14. J 10

J 10 Member

Oct 15, 2009
    We see this question debated a lot. There's certainly some difference in playing with fg and ag studs on artificial grass. But still we see even many pro players wear fg studs on artificial surfaces in places like Sweden where many matches are played on artificial grass. Speaking from experience ag studs do feel better on artificial grass, but it really depends on the stud shape and configuration. I for example wouldn't use the current Adidas fg studs on artificial grass but would consider the more round studs on the HV. The difference between fg and ag studs decreases when the quality of the artificial pitch increases. The worse the quality of the pitch is, the more you gain from using ag studs in my opinion.

15. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    you know what you did!

16. Soccerfan010

Soccerfan010 Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Some pros are starting to wear the Magistas in training sessions and it seems the dynamic fit collar isn't too popular.
    Some examples:
    Carvajal without the fit collar

Song definitely has the fit collar here, but it looks like Mascherano doesn't, and Iniesta is still in his CTR's.

serginhobertholi repped this.
  17. niterida09

niterida09 Member

Dec 20, 2005
    honestly these Hyperveoms ive been wearing have been great. i dont bother with my other boot anymore. light, water resistant, thick enough to not get hurt but thin enough to still be able to feel the ball. only qualm ihave about it is that they dont have bladed studs. HV with the old intertract soleplate from the OG air zooms wouldve been the best boots ever. get HV you wont be dissapointed

and i had vapor I-4 vapor K, predator absolutes, most of the F50 range except last year. these are by far the best ones. closest thing to vapor IV elite

18. aronparon

aronparon New Member

May 13, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ive heard the hypervenom phantom has had durability issues and to avoid them you should get the more recent released colorways. which would those be?

19. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    These boots are designed to look good on the world stage and that is exactly what Nike are doing it with the World Cup - they want to make an impact and will. But will that impact flow down to the general public who want to wear a boot more that once without it looking trashed. I think his could all just be a gimmick from Nike and after complaints of possible ripping, holes, laves snapping oh and the price Nike will drop this line like they did with the SF when it got stupidly expensive.

I also wear flyknit free and love them (I have a neon yellow pair) but i can't see them with stud on the bottom of them. as I've said before looking forward to hearing what board members think of them.

appleCORR

20. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Not for me. I have the alternate launch colorway in FG and I've been using them on AG for a good 8 months now. No problems whatsoever.

21. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    But then again, it's like omelettes and eggs. No eggs, no omelette. And depending on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket, you have eggs Class 1, Class 2, Class 3. Some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes.

:D

22. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I can't decide between the magista opus and obra.. This is a difficult decision lol

23. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Nor can I.

Also, true to size or 1/2 size up on the Opus (as SR4U recommended)?

24. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I think I may go with the obra. Did he say anything about sizing on that

25. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm US 9,5 in Legend 5... but my Trequartista 2 AG killed my toes...
    May I go a half size up in OPUS... ;)