Nike Thread [19] - Post all info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vaporshockorange

Mar 7, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Has anybody seen the "bright citrus" of the nike id in person, in the website they look close enough to the shock orange, but on the vapor ix that were released (yellow/bright citrus) in the summer they dont. Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 19.22.56.png

chivamex10 repped this.
  2. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    might mean your warrantee is void

3. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not if they never know what surface he played on...

4. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    its pretty clear from the discolouration on the studs, and also there are often astro pebbles inside in boots/under the insole

5. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I'll see what happens. I bought it a little over a month ago from a local shop so I'm gonna go in there this week to see if they'll exchange it for me.
    What's the process of sending boots back to Nike like? Put the boots and the bag in the shoebox, put the shoebox in another box, and send?

6. Ninety+

Ninety+ Member

Mar 24, 2010
    When i send boots back to nike in canada i strip the boots of everyone, insoles and laces (to reduce weight) and only send back the shoes in as small a package as possible (no box). this is done because nike only care to look at and keep the defective part of the boot and it saves money on shipping. I have done this several times and never had a problem

7. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    no it wont. I wore mine on both and the snapped. Nike didnt say anything to me and gave me a voucher for a new pair!

8. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Thanks a lot for the input guys! Really appreciate it. I cleaned off the soleplate/studs with a Mr. Clean magic eraser this morning.
    I called into the shop I got them from and their computer system crashed so they won't be open until Thursday. I'll check with the store first so maybe I can save on some shipping and handling.

9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    At the end of the day, when you buy a pair of boots, its upto you what surface you use them on. Nike don't print on the box 'FG boots only to be used on hard grass surfaces and not AG turf' the studs could easily come off on a hard pitch. Send them back - Nike don't pull any punches if they think it's your fault they will just send the boot back to you and class it as general wear and tear. If they think they are at fault they will exchange or refund.

Boot companies have got more strict though - but thats down to boot geeks like us, sending boots back for very minor things because we think our boots should last forever and show absolutely no signs or wear and tear.

I often see studs dotted around the AG pitch that I sometimes train on, they tend to be Adidas ones. I was a boot geek the other day and found a gold Adidas stud. I'd noticed a kid wearing the white/gold/black LZs when we all went inside during a thunder storm. I asked and sadly for him he had lost a stud. He'd only had them a few months so I told him to send them back. I've been quite lucky, the worst I've ever had is cracked sole plate and that was on my ice vapor 2s!

If I were you -I'd send them back with everything if you have because at the end of the day if you get a new pair of boots you'll get all the same stuff again. Don't let anything stop you from getting a refund or exchange.

appleCORR

10. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I've never had a problem with any of my boots, and with all due respect to other people on the board the leagues and people I have/do play with are all pretty physical, seems like a lot of people on here really nip pick at things, almost as if they are waiting for them to break so they can post on here to moan.

Not aimed at anyone just a general observation

Kalouda, frannie11, NoobC and 3 others repped this.
  11. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm totally with you.

I've said before I know we pay a lot of money for out boots these days, so we expect them to be of the highest quality. So when boots do start to show minor faults, Such as slight sole separation. Which is happens when your foot moulds to your boots, especially on Vapors. My Vapor 1s did the exact same thing but you just accept it as wear and tear and get on with and enjoy wearing your boots.

The thing is boot companies keep your names on file, she when you really do have a serious issue with your boots then Nike might not accept them.

Boots are to worn, and enjoyed, there are more important things in life to worry about than a slight sole separation.

appleCORR

12. Decency

Decency Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    speak for yourselves mates. i bought my tiempos and they never fit but i had no other boots so i used them. few weeks later a bought new boots, ran a stanley down where the upper meats sole and sent them back for a refund.

#powertothepeople

13. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And in the future we will complain about how our actual defects aren't being replaced... In my opinion Nike has been too generous with this, and the method of returns has become widely known now and is being abused by tons of people. It's only a matter of time before they remove the option completely.

jayc23 and digby novascotia repped this.
  14. digby novascotia

Aug 27, 2006
    Its only a matter of time now, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't nike used to have a two year return policy and adidas used to have a year aren't they both cut in half now. I would say nike has been very generous over the years with some of the returns people have sent in on here and people I know and got full refunds/replacements. I have yet to send a boot back yet they only issue I really had was the carbon fibre breaking on my vapor IV sls but by no means did it alter the performance so I kept them (my favourite boot of all time btw)

Mercurial4991 repped this.
  15. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Is Nike still not 2 year?

16. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    in the uk its one year! sent my superfly's 3 back and they wrote to me stating that there's only a one year warranty

17. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was planning on writing a few paragraphs about my new Premiers, but I think it can be summed up in one sentence: I totally forgot I was even wearing them (even the very first time using them). That is what a boot's job should be IMO. I didn't go up 1/2 a size by the way.

18. Decency

Decency Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    No they wont as it's against your consumer rights mate. Who cares if they halved the time from 18 months to a year.... that's still a whole season and to be honest that is "fair use". I also don't mind people abusing the system because if Nike are willing to pay millions of dollars to players for marketing reasons yet only pay the people that make them pennies then I'm sure they can afford to take back the odd pair of dodgy boots now and again.

19. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Puma did it, Mizuno doesn't offer it. Why can't Nike?

20. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I remember Puma did it when everyone wanted to send back their v1.06 for ripping, they would only accept the real bad ones and bot the ones with slight pulls etc.

It's the same as anything you abuse - soon they will cotton on and will find a way so it doesn't effect our consumer rights, but so they can be tougher on returns.

appleCORR

21. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1121 Dr. Boots, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
    I scored some white/black/orange Legend AG's today that were made in Bosnia - these are a pro issue boot as the colorway in AG was never a public release and 99% of all retail Legend models are China makes. Cheaper than NikeId and better quality/detailing.

I am eying some made in Italy in black and neon green AG's as well, just because they are made in Italy.

rooster and jayc23 repped this.
  22. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  23. zz.21

zz.21 Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Anyone having any bad cramps in their hyper venoms? I've played a couple of games in them and changed insoles to more cushioned ones but still have had really bad cramps. It's probably because they haven't been broken in properly but it just feels like it might be a constant problem. I really like the upper and how it feels but I wish the soleplate would soften up a bit more easily ( maybe I'm just being impatient - I have had them since July-ish so I don't know how much longer it'll take to break in ) Currently trying out the lz 2 at the moment which I really like to be honest.

24. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I went to the store I bought my Vapors from today. The guy replaced them no hassle with a newer colorway:
    [​IMG]

Mercurial4991 repped this.
  25. SSFC5

SSFC5 Member

May 17, 2011
    United States
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So I came up on some Black/orange Elite Legends IV SG for dirt cheap at Ross today. How much do you guys think they're worth? Trying to figure out how much I should list them for on ebay.