Nike Thread [19] - Post all info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron_cf7

Aaron_cf7 Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Thanks... Just don't know if it's worth buying the AGs when they can only perform on one surface

2. 88HaiHoang88

88HaiHoang88 New Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Vietnam
    ok redout CTR360....?
    now i can die in peace

3. thirdcoastx

thirdcoastx New Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Does anyone know the stud size that the Nike Total 90 Supremacy's take?

I have had a pair of SG Supremacy's for awhile, but had one of the studs break off. I am trying to replace them with FG studs. I can order a nice set of FG Adidas Tunit F50 Studs but I am unsure if they will fit. Does anyone know if the Adidas size studs 12x10mm, 8x13 mm will fit my supremacys?

4. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well the quoted text above yours stated they performed well on two surfaces.....the FG is more limited than the AG or the Sg-Pro.

5. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Tunit studs are meant to only fit the Tunit. If you want "FG" screw in studs look for hard ground screw ins - still sold online in the UK and USA - or possibly the Diadora Morpho studs , but good luck finding the latter.

6. peridz

peridz Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Mexico
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    A couple of months ago i played a game in Nike GS ii, i used the shoes right out of the box, never tried before.
    i want to share my view.
    first of all, at the beginning i feel a weird sensation due to the studs, i have never played on six studs before, but after a few minutes i began to feel more confident on the outsole.
    didn't have any problem with blisters, i felt the upper really soft, specially the front part.
    despite they are very light at the end of the game i felt my foot really tired, i guess the pressure of the studs hurt my foot and i felt a little bit of pain after a couple of days even though the ground was not hard.
    my conclusion was that i wont use them again, haha. maybe if i have to play in a very soft ground then i will use them.
    i really liked how the shoes look on the pitch, but i didn´t liked how they feel cause of the studs configuration, though the traction is great when you began to run.
    i guess the GS was discussed in the forum long way before, but never read anything here about them.

bootking repped this.
  7. bootking

bootking Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Was the Original Nike Tiempo Pro the top of the range boot? Or was it the Nike Tiempo Premier?

8. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Premier was always top of the range. The Pro was the Kaiser Liga parallel.

bootking and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  9. zachleft

zachleft Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    can anyone tell me how many pairs were released for the mercurial vapor 1 chrome/lime colorway. got my second pair today :)

10. footy boots

footy boots Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nike FC247 Lunargato II White Reflective Pack
    [​IMG]

Nike FC247 Elastico II Pure Purple with Volt

[​IMG]

Nike FC247 Elastico II White with Flash Lime
    [​IMG]

serginhobertholi and Footballer-7 repped this.
  11. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just picked up some Premiers. My initial thoughts: They are awesome, and I agree with everything we've heard about them so far. Except for one thing; I don't believe they really run a half size small. A quarter size, maybe. The 9 was certainly too big for a leather boot this soft. I went with the 8.5 and it was really tight out of the box but after wearing them around the house for about 30 minutes they have already molded a bit to my foot. I have matches Monday and Tuesday so I'll come back with my thoughts.

12. Cookie4HatTrick

Jun 13, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh my God, white Lunar Gato IIs. If only the sole was thinner, then I'd go broke for them.

13. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey speaking of Gatos, was there a Gato prior to the previous model? I know the first several colorways were not the Gato LTR but simply the Gato, which had mesh panels. Am I misremembering or were the ones that came out in Fall 2010 when Nike first debuted the Nike5 brand the same as the one the Gato II replaced? The reason I ask is I've seen several guys in my indoor league with something that's very Gato-esque, but they are not any Gato I can remember seeing and they are definitely not new.

14. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Had a model that dropped in like 08ish I believe, which was synthetic and mesh.

It came in various colors but this was it.

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/us/productimages/V3_1_Main/17965.jpg

ejgrownarseman repped this.
  15. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the one. Thanks. I really paid zero attention to the boot game from 2005-2010 as I was in college and had no money to spend on them anyways.

16. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    "Reflective"? If thats what I think it is, there mine!

17. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    [​IMG]
    Stud snapped on my MV9s

88HaiHoang88 repped this.
  18. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Take the others off and convert them into sg

frannie11 repped this.
  19. loecloec

loecloec Member

May 23, 2013
    Club:
    Santos FC
    sounds great, replace them with 4 stanleyknifes and you can skate your way to the goal:eek:

20. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    They are still under warranty so I think it's covered. :p Ground is never soft enough in Canada for SG boots anyways

21. bootking

bootking Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    And then it was the 750 right?

22. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you been using your Vapors on firm ground or artificial grass?

23. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Both :oops:

24. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How's the stud pressure on the Vapors on hard ground and AG. Does the glass fiber plate help much. I've been interested in trying the Vapors but the fields here in the summer are so hard that I occasionally get heel bruising even with four studs at the heel and I've been wondering about the comfort level of the Vapors on hard ground.

25. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I don't get any stud pressure at all (I've used these boots on FG, AG, somewhat SG, and HG). The glass fiber definitely helps IMO since I feel some slight stud pressure on HG with my FG TL4s. The only thing with MV9s on HG is that you don't get good traction since the studs don't really dig in, making them feel kinda unstable on HG and low quality AG (what I was playing on when the stud snapped). They work well on high quality AG though.