Nike Thread [19] - Post all info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well my obvious advice would be keep a hold of everything! That will certainly be worth something in a few years time, quite a few collectors would like to own that.

appleCORR

vanjory repped this.
  2. zz.21

zz.21 Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Haha yeah. I've never really had anything special like that with football boots before so it's a bit weird for me.

3. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Really love the box, zz.21! Apart from that, not really a fan of the boot lol, was looking at the design aesthetics.

4. RoscoTayls

RoscoTayls Member

Sep 23, 2012
    England
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    appleCORR7 - these the one's from Reading's Nick Blackman. Looks like Nike told him to remove the pic from Twitter
    [​IMG]

appleCORR7, vanjory, rooster and 3 others repped this.
  5. Jorma

Jorma Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have done a quick unboxing video of The Nike Premier and some brief soleplate flexibility. I've also took some shots on foot against some other classic boots which i'll post up later. Let me know what you think! First time i've ever uploaded a video....

The soleplate itself is very very flexible in the forefoot and the midfoot is structurally strong. Im really interested to give these a run out and should be able to on sunday. All the signs are really good and pointing firmly in the right direction

appleCORR7, Zizou15 and b0sk1 repped this.
  6. kick96

kick96 Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Not gonna lie, i love boots that are really really flexible (probably the reason why i'm the only person who liked legend iiis). Anyway, that video of the soleplate flexibility really makes me want a pair.

Jorma repped this.
  7. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I would like to know why Nike ask this...

8. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Grande Jorma! Very interesting. I am looking forward to the comparisons.

Jorma repped this.
  9. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had friends that did this in high school, because studs were "cool" and were what "the pros wore". Where I lived, SGs were never really needed but for HS we played a fall season so the ground was rock hard July-Sept. I'm talking turf shoe hard. Once Oct-Nov hit you could probably get away with SG but by no means were they needed. Talk about dumb. All because SGs were seen as the cool thing to wear.

Now I have a friend/teammate that wears nothing but indoors as long as it's not too wet/soft. Most of his moves revolve around rolling the ball and controlling it with the sole. It's crazy how much better he plays in indoor shoes as opposed to FG.

10. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So the HV is on NikeId in the USA as of today....I tried on the HV FG a couple days ago and I was blown away by the fit of the boot. I was concerned with the finishing on the outsole attachment to the upper. It looked as if the edging was exposed and glued over vs. molded around the shape of the upper and sealed. This is why the Predator Absolute came apart so frequently so it is a concern when I see it.

I am pretty sure I am going to go for an AG NikeID model in either whiteout or blackout and see what I think.

11. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Nike's new AG sole looks really good. Looks like it will provide a comfortable ride!

12. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ha! Had a friend like that too. Up to a certain point, he wore some SG's in EVERYTHING. Then we got older..and he changed boots.

I useds to LOVE to play in my World Cups when it was wet, because it's how the pro's mostly used at the time. :p In retrospect, I wish I knew about mixed soles...because my playing style SUCKED for SG's. My game relies on using the sole of my foot a lot, and with those 4 in the front studes...I could NEVER stop the ball with my sole if it was moving fast and the ground was wet. It would make me look like a newb and the ball would slide under my foot lol. Bad memories!

13. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If those white HVs were a general release I'd snap them up. They look amazing!! I bet Nike were just getting 1000s of tweets asking where they could get a pair from!

appleCORR

14. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Anyone know why a lot of the new upcoming Nike releases have the reflective chrome tongue? Looks like tin foil...

FootySpy repped this.
  15. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

top picture, they look so similar to adizero shape wise

frannie11 repped this.
  16. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  17. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Why would you even bid on those? they are wrecked!!

appleCORR

18. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    The sad thing is that 2 people bid on it...

serginhobertholi repped this.
  19. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    At least they aren't going for a crazy amount, they do look good though (well when they were new) colourwise - I love red boots.

appleCORR

20. Linguistics

Linguistics Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    It happened to me. I was used to think SG is COOl. Strong, replacable studs meaning I don't need to change boots. I did OK meaning no ankle sprains though the studs pressure and knocking sound disturbing me. Nevertheless I am learning more from this forum then now I wear proper cleats for proper field as long as my 'equity' is fine.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  21. Linguistics

Linguistics Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    Some players in my place also did great in nike t series and the way they slide and maintain their traction while shooting on the artificial grass really amazed me.

22. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Most places ban you from wearing SG on turf because it cuts it up - but i still see a few people wearing them, and when i see them in the hot weather and my feet are hurting from wearing FG boots with a decent insole i think they must be mental! - saying that though i hate SG boots only wear them when i have too.

appleCORR

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  23. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    and thats why its great we now have the option of mix sole

plus I wouldn't want to be slipping over during a game on wet grass

frannie11 repped this.
  24. Jorma

Jorma Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Heres the boots i'm benchmarking the Premiers against. I should have probably got my Panta's out but completely forgot. So there is the Italian made Tiempo 94 reissue, Chinese made Tiempo Premier reissue, Indonesian made Morelia UL, Japan made Morelia UL and a German made Copa. Will write a proper 'review' and play test the Premier this week and feedback.

Heres the photobucket folder where i've put a load of the photos showing the weights etc of the boots and general on foot shots so you get an idea of the stitching and different qualities of the boots.

http://s647.photobucket.com/user/jo...2&page=1&_suid=137433337150407420610463285246

If im boring the t!ts off anyone please just say!

Attached Files:

serginhobertholi, Zizou15, b0sk1 and 4 others repped this.
  25. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    how many legs do you have jorma?

serginhobertholi, jayc23 and frannie11 repped this.