Nike Thread [19] - Post all info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That comment which was made on the Premiers on the previous thread kinda put me off on purchasing them. I will just wait till there are a couple of reviews put up on the internets.

Although on Josh's video the boots look great, looks like some quality soft k leather...

3. mretrum

mretrum Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got a pair set to arrive tomorrow morning from soccerpro.com. Their youtube video claims the leather is Kangaroo so we shall see...

b0sk1 repped this.
  4. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    The Premiers look "dusty" for lack of better term. It looks like Nike put an old-school boot into a modernization machine, but took them out before they turned into the Legends.

Edit: What ever happened to that black/white/gold colorway of the Legends?

5. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    After I read that post I was worried because I had such high expectations for the boot. So I went to the local soccer store to check them out myself. I found that the leather in the forefoot was pretty good quality. I'd say on par with the legends but a little thinner. The amount of padding they added was slightly less than the legends. The leather in the midfoot was good quality too just a little thicker. Overall though I thought they looked great and they would only get better once they were broken in.

The only thing keeping me from buying a pair on the spot there was the fact that I already have so many pairs of boots that I am having a hard time justifying to myself that I need another. Also I thought that the sole plate was little on the thinner side which where I live often means stud pressure due to the very hard ground. They might have absolutely no stud pressure but to me the sole plate felt very similar to the legends, if not a little thinner, which has been known to be uncomfortable on hard, dry ground. Had the store had the AG Premier in stock I probably would have made an impulse buy.
    Needless to say my fears are gone. My real hope is that the younger generation that seems to be all about the synthetic boots will give this a try and see how great leather boots are and the leather boot industry will be saved and then we will all go out for ice cream.

Zizou15 and b0sk1 repped this.
  6. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Mmm, ice cream.
    [​IMG]
    Too bad I am somewhat intolerant to dairy products...

On a more serious note: For the price, I'd rather get an Umbro Speciali or non-MiJ Mizuno Morelia. They seem a lot better built IMO (the Premier looks thin and fragile).

gwood88 and serginhobertholi repped this.
  7. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I'll get you some non-dairy sorbet then!

I have never seen the non-MiJ Morelia in person so I can't comment on it but as for the Speciali, if the current Speciali has the same leather as the Speciali 3 then the Premier is much better. Also the current split sole design made the Speciali 3 really easy to break in the midfoot of the foot bed. Mine broke about 2 weeks in. They actually felt better broken like that though. It moved with my foot really well.

AllanBhoy repped this.
  9. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    My biggest complaint about Umbro boots.
    IDK why, but the Premier just doesn't look right for some reason. I think it may be the warp around double Swoosh

10. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    better hope nike doesnt catch that, ive seen companies tear up contracts with vendors for releasing stuff early.

11. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Mercurial4991 repped this.
  12. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would buy them if I had the money just so I could make that slight profit. Owell, hope someone else on here could snag a pair.

Footballer-7 repped this.
  13. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    You just gave me an idea. :D But I'll probably get hit with customs and duties, making the boot cost ~$450 so then again maybe not.

Edit: How much do you think those could potentially sell for?

Mercurial4991 repped this.
  14. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  15. mretrum

mretrum Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Premiers arrived this morning. Some quick impressions as I only had a couple minutes to try them on. The forefoot is definitely Kangaroo leather of pretty nice quality. The quarters are different and I'm not sure if it's lower grade Kanagaroo, Calf or maybe even Goat leather. The heel appears to be synthetic. Fit is really good for me - nice volume throughout, but still tight fitting. The upper feels very soft on foot and the insole & lining are plush.

I dig these boots and look forward to trying them out.

Zizou15, jayc23, b0sk1 and 1 other person repped this.
  16. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Probably all sold out. When I first checked the page, they had size 8 and 10. Five minutes later, only size 8 left. I guess someone(s) snagged the 8s too.

17. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    i wish they would have made those in more colors. You can nikeid the exact colors which i keep seeing done.

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Damn! :(

19. mretrum

mretrum Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had a pair of 8s in my cart and almost pulled the trigger, but Soccer.com is just throwing shoe boxes in plastic bags these days for shipping and the shoe boxes get destroyed. My Limited Edition R9 box got beat up big time.

AllanBhoy repped this.
  20. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    damn mine have never been messed up. That might be because im only 4 hours away from their hq

21. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Mine got kinda' dinged up ( I live in VA too like Josh). PDS does this too. :(

22. mretrum

mretrum Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Premier on feet, great fit:
    [​IMG]

The forefoot is definitely Kangaroo and I'm 95% sure the rest is Goat including the tongue.

Here is a shot showing the different thicknesses of leather (thin kangaroo on bottom, thick 'spongy' goat(?) on top):
    [​IMG]

For the price, I would definitely check these out.

Zizou15, b0sk1, Jorma and 5 others repped this.
  23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Those do look nice.....

b0sk1 repped this.
  24. SuMing

SuMing Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I heard you need to half size up on the Premier, is this true? I may order some tomorrow.

25. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I know they are ment to be classic styling etc..

but nike need to release them in just a white/black black/white colour ways and they will be onto a winner.

if maldini got a white/black pair for his retirement I want a pair!
    [​IMG]

frannie11 and Jorma repped this.