Nike Thread [18] - Post all info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decency

Decency Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    still not released in the uk

2. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    A lot of the retailers listing the Premier as "premium leather", making me think maybe it's not kangaroo?

cadmonkey12 repped this.
  3. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

K leather forefoot and the rest is goat leather.

4. snowman3000

snowman3000 Member

Mar 11, 2007
    [​IMG]Man...knock offs are getting better and better! If I could try em on first I'd give these a shot..

5. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    ive bought one pair before, back when the first cr safari came out and they fit a bit narrower than the actual one. Its insane how well they are replicating them now. The quality (how long they last) is shit though.

6. The English Hacker

Aug 8, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I like a lot about the Hypervenoms - sole plate, Nikeskin and the release colour, however I'm not keen on the way the design is actually laid out on the boot. Interested to see how a NikeID version might look in one colour as that would hopefully eliminate this.

7. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    i asked nike about nikeid and they said they dont see it in the forseeable future because I was going to wait but after hearing that, im getting the orange.

8. lakelui

lakelui Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't bother w/ many videos so the only place I've seen say it's kangaroo is here...everywhere else just mentions goat.

9. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  10. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Footy-boots.com says that it's entirely goat leather as part of Nike's plans to phase out k-leather. If this is true can we expect that the next Legend could be entirely kanga-lite?

11. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    That's really disappointing. I thought they would make the Premier k-leather and the next Legend goat. Would make more sense IMO.

12. vujojosh

vujojosh Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    For anybody wondering about the Premiers, they are in fact Kangaroo leather, and this is information that I was sent directly from Nike. The pair that I posted on YouTube is the production model and is what you will receive should you order a pair for yourself. Pictures that have recently been posted by Soccer Bible are samples, where as the shoes that I posted are the actual production run. Most sites have the Premiers listed as "Premier" leather, mainly because the final decision on what type of leather would be used was not made until just before they started production and early info was given out to all of the retailers. The boot was originally going to be Goat Leather, but somewhere down the line, that was changed, and the final product was made from Kangaroo leather. Hopefully this will clear up any confusion.

13. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bam thank you Josh.

Glad you still lurk these forums.

14. cannedoranges

cannedoranges Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Josh, you just made my day and my wallet lighter.

15. lakelui

lakelui Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nike's twitter page said iD soon...nothing specific though.

16. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am trying to decide between getting the AG pair of the Premiers or shell out for a pair of Morelia TM's.

There is nothing that can compare to the quality of the MIJ Morelia's. The best was I can describe scotch guard K leather is that is it's like the fine silk of leathers because it sort of does feel like a combination between fine silk and leather. BUT, the Premier is so cheap and it looks like it is going to be comfortable, and preform very well.

Zizou15 and Mercurial4991 repped this.
  17. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Well you know what those studs on the plates gave me goosebumps on first look cuz it looks like the breathing holes on an octopus! In addition to the "snake" skin texture...

18. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    Maybe I was just unlucky but the leather of my MIJ Morelia was of horrible durability, after only one month there was a huge hole right through the upper. I would say that performance wise the leather was okay but not as good Speciali 2001 made in Italy leather.

19. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    IMO, Nike kinda messed up with the HV launch. They are releasing it too late after the unveiling. (The Adidas NC launch was perfect IMO.) But may it's because they had to change the stud pattern.

20. GUNT22

GUNT22 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
  21. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just pre ordered the orange Hypervenoms.. Hope they fit like Vapors cause I went with my usual US 9.

22. loecloec

loecloec Member

May 23, 2013
    Club:
    Santos FC
    i exptected the Hypervenom's to look alot better on the pitch, but it was a bit dissapointing in my opinion. The big nike swoosh with the orange is just a bit to much if you ask me.

23. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    preordered the hypervenom. hopefully nike will ship it sooner that the 22nd

24. Decency

Decency Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team: