Nike Thread [18] - Post all info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So after all the HV hype on facebook & twitter Rooney didn't even wear the HV tonight against Ireland. And yes, I know Lampard didn't wear his NC either. It seems a bit strange because surely that would have been a great chance to showcase the boots?

appleCORR

2. mretrum

mretrum Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't exactly call an International friendly a great stage for showcasing a new boot. Surely they must be saving it for June 15th when Neymar and Brazil kick off the Confederations Cup.

AllanBhoy repped this.
  3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It would have given them exposure to a European audience especially after he has been wearing them in training. It's not like they were hiding the boots from the press.

appleCORR

4. mretrum

mretrum Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've all seen them for awhile, but to the normal person who doesn't follow these things closely the boots were only just launched yesterday.

Just think releasing the boot on pitch using the silos headline player as he opens up a big international tournament which his country also happens to be hosting seems like a better opportunity for Nike.

They can make more cool boxes with timers and stuff.

kick96 repped this.
  5. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I can't wait to read this review. I also am looking forward to the review of the new AG stud pattern. If it can be better than the current Nike AG sole then I will definitely be picking up a pair of these.

Zizou15 repped this.
  6. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fact that the whole inside has suede including the tongue along with a, snug fit, k-leather, basic design, low price, and conical studs...

Kinda makes me think they would feel a lot like my Morelia UL's.

Zizou15 and gwood88 repped this.
  7. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    they are to be in the friendly this weekend between england and brazil

8. cannedoranges

cannedoranges Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Any buy it now links for the Premiers in AG yet?

9. wengTH123

wengTH123 New Member

May 27, 2013
  10. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    they even managed to mess up the GS2 by sticking the ACC on the side...and limiting sizes to 7-10...

11. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    in the uk, if you had lower than a size 8 foot, you were shit out of luck for any GS made.

anyone had any idea how the hypervenom fits?

12. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    also, looks like soccerpro.com took down the other colorways!

13. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know that the premier is aimed at the copa mundial, but, at $60 less than a pair of legends I have to think that it will steal sales from the legend as well!

15. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I hope they release a white/black pair

frannie11 repped this.
  16. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

But he wasn't meant to? All of Nike's releases said that the debut would come in Brazil on Sunday - it's Neymar v Rooney in Brazil, the perfect Hypervenom debut game!

As for Lampard, adidas are having trouble finding a high-profile UK wearer that typifies 'the engine', but adidas will probably be happy whether Lampard sticks with adiPure or changes to NC as both are silos in need of exposure.

17. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

They are also lighter than the legends and you know how people are crazy about that too.

The other day someone made a really good analogy about how the boot market is like a classroom where everyone is looking off each others papers and the answers get more and more different. This can be especially seen with Nike. The Tiempo/Adipure, T90/Predator, LZ/CTR, and now the Copa/Premier(although I really think the Premier is better compared to the older adipures, especially the adipure I). It's really kind of ridiculous.

18. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Soooo, just got back from football, wore my bomba's

and nikeskin is pretty good stuff, very comfortable nice amount of padding in the upper/toe area

dunno what else to say about it, thumbs up from me :thumbsup:

and i was playing in the damp and it was as good as it was while i was warming up in the dry

frannie11, b0sk1 and ghost_striker repped this.
  19. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gwood88, that was me with the clasroom anology. It makes sense for companies to have silos in there portfolio that compete with rival brands but with the Mercurial/Hyper Venom and the Premier/Legend, Nike is looking like there own worst enemy. It's tough for me to see anyone leaving there trusty Copas to try the Premier and looking at the leaked picures of the Legend V makes the Premier look that much more enticing. The way it's shaping up is the biggest difference in the Premier and the Legend is a kangaroo/goat or a kangaroo/kanga-lite upper with a $60 up charge. No, thanks... I'd go with the Premier and pick up a pair indoor boots with the $60.

ejgrownarseman and gwood88 repped this.
  20. ghost_striker

ghost_striker Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Could you please describe the fit (narrow/wide, sizing...)? Cause I've been hearing that they fit narrowish and small for size :-/

21. ghost_striker

ghost_striker Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  22. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

That's what I was trying to get at but I after rereading what I wrote I see how that came across totally different. Haha. But I agree, the only advantage of the Tiempo over the Premier now is the rounded toe, the older AG soleplate (depending on how the new one performs), and if your really picky bladed heel studs(which in my opinion aren't really that noticeably different from conical heel studs).

23. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

It's possible Josh got a sample pair that were actual K-leather. The leather on the soccer.com one looks different from the ones Josh has.

24. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well I got mine in a uk9 (which i am) and they fit true to size, the fit is snug though. they are slightly narrow in the middle where the two materials meet, but i dont have the narrowest of feet and they fit me fine, and i like my trainers tight/snug while playing and I had no discomfort at all

frannie11 and ghost_striker repped this.
  25. ghost_striker

ghost_striker Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Thanks david, will be getting a pair myself, then :)