Nike Thread [18] - Post all info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    These just arrived, more pics in the your boots, well I say more, two others, looking forward to using them thrusday

[​IMG]

2. loecloec

loecloec Member

May 23, 2013
    Club:
    Santos FC
    i like the boots alot but a simple black&white colorway would be way better. I don't understand the taste of the guys over at Nike who decide to release these type of colors. Great boot though

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    How does the 'skin' feel?

Also, what are the next upcoming colors for these?

4. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, instore(loads of people trying them on and poking them) they felt really soft

you can see on the toe/laces/where both pieces of material meet theres has another layer to enforce it, which is good, if you look at the pic you can see the area where theres another layer,[​IMG]

frannie11, b0sk1 and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  5. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Nike uk apparently only offer one year guarantees! Rubbish!

6. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Kind of hesitant to get another pair. My first pair didn't hold up long...as the eyelet for the laces ripped out. They look neat though...and if they are comfy I may get another pair. Not digging the black/orange though...if it was black white....taht would be different.

7. mretrum

mretrum Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    loecloec repped this.
  8. DeMpSeYfan6

DeMpSeYfan6 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    fullerton
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tried my pair last week for the first time. Really impressed with fit and softness. So far so good!

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  9. cannedoranges

cannedoranges Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Damn, look at the new AG plate! The studs look moulded rather than the rubberish ones on the older AG plate.

[​IMG]

serginhobertholi and Zizou15 repped this.
  10. The English Hacker

Aug 8, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That looks like an HG soleplate rather that AG. Where are you seeing it mentioned that it's actually AG? However, the studs are hollow looking like some of the other AG studs too. They could be rubbery as well.

11. GUNT22

GUNT22 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    They both weigh pretty much the same.... I can say! (both boots are in a US9)

[​IMG]

Mercurial4991 repped this.
  12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The 'hollowness' as you point out does appear to make them AG bottoms..

13. cannedoranges

cannedoranges Member

Jan 22, 2013
    They're up on PDS already

14. tythomasc

tythomasc New Member

Jan 8, 2013
    b0sk1, Mercurial4991 and GUNT22 repped this.
  15. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I will let you know how they hold up after Thursday,

and if there isn't a black/white or whatever colourway I think you could dye these pretty easily as the upper doesn't have that finish if you know what i mean?

also, I'm really liking the hypervenom's and I've got a new team on the horizon, new team new boots?

might aswel get the launch colour way and match my finales

frannie11 and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  16. GUNT22

GUNT22 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    Putting up the article with more pics of these on the site tomorow :) stay tuned!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jayc23, serginhobertholi and b0sk1 repped this.
  17. Zizou15

Zizou15 Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So the Premiers out already? I thought someone said October, even though June/July was the first speculation?

18. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
  19. Enxienty

Enxienty Member

Jul 29, 2008
    wow like those Crimson Hypervenoms, cant wait to see more color ways lmao

20. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So will the new nike premiers feature the ACC or are they just going to be straight up k-leather and thats that?

frannie11 repped this.
  21. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will there be any player support for the Premier? Pirlo and Ronaldihno are the only players who come to mind as a good marketing fit for a boot like the premier.

22. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Still not sure on these HyperVenoms.. They seem to be targeting the demographic of those who wear a vapor? And this nonsense about marketing for agility, finding the boots to 'help you make space and get your shot off'...
    Seriously, if you're not a good enough player to do that yourself in a comfortable pair of boots then a new boot isn't going to just 'do it' for you. I've never seen Rooney in a post match interview go 'yeah I couldn't score those goals without the shots shield of my lasers, I'm rubbish without them.' Boots may or may not give you the comfort & confidence to help with this, but you eirher can or can't do it through hard work and determination- not some marketing by nike & their boots.

This coming from someone who wears vapor IV's religiously aha.

And yet, with all that being said ill still probably end up trying these venoms out... Sigh! Aha.

23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I actually think that Nike have given the Hyper Venom boots to some really random players. It's obviousy that they have decided that Neymar should be the big name for the boot. But to be honest, there 'bigger' players who play for bigger clubs that him that maybe should have been the face of the boot. Maybe even Wayne Rooney who has probably been given no choice on wearing the boots especially with Nike getting rid of the vapor line. I've noticed they've given Danny Welbeck a pair too.

I think it is a bit silly to try and sell boots on gimmicks these days - at first adidas has the predator concept (then Nike kinda copied it with the t90s) so they could get away with the whole power thing. The vapor was the first lighest boots. Now boot companies are just going head to head and the whole 'gimmicks' is getting stupid. Like i said, they are your feet at the end of the day and they do everything not the boot. I personally think that Nike could have just sold the HV as a new vapor design.

appleCORR

Jorma repped this.
  24. digby novascotia

Aug 27, 2006
    I think the reasoning for the hypervenom is to bring that spark back into that silo. im sure the t90 wasnt selling that great so by creating this new category it creates excitement. It also takes the lasers and makes it a bit flashier which is a lot more appealing. Tons of kids buy anything that will have the cr7 or messi logo so why not add neymar into this mix. you also got to keep in mind that the vapor is not for everyone either so by having two "flashy" boots they can kinda appeal to two audiences something similar to what adidas has done with the adizero synthetic and leather.

25. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree with what you are saying - but you sort of proved my point. Yes kids will buy anything with Messi or CR7 on them ..... But how many kids know about Neymar? He isn't in the public eye as much in the UK & maybe the US because he's decided not to play for one of the bigger European clubs kids won't see him on TV in the champions league like they would other players.

appleCORR