Nike Thread [16] - all info, questions, pics here please

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hang on, im a bit confused. I know this was highlighted before but not many people responded to it. Are the Nike GS being re-released in december?! What is the point in releasing them in limited quantity if they're going to re-release them?
    http://d.pr/i/Jg8k - August
    http://d.pr/i/scCV - December

Are we sure this is correct or is this like the K-leather vapor 8 which was 'misinterpreted'?

After seeing Neymar in person wear them in the semi final, i REALLY REALLY liked them and if theyre going to go on general sale, I am 100% getting them...along with the CR7 vapors. I think ive found my perfect boots!

2. Sies888

Sies888 New Member

Aug 10, 2012
    hey guys just wondering your opinion on whether or not I should send in my CTR360 Maestri I boots to nike. I just noticed today that there are a couple cracks on the sole plate of my right shoe. I don't know if that would qualify for nike canada to send me back something or not.. The date on the tags inside the shoes are 5/13/10, so about 3 months past the 2 year guarantee... Thanks!

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree, I'm gonna buy the CR Vapors too.

4. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would think that the GS release will be like the Tiempo '94 release...special color way, limited numbers, followed by the general release Tiempo Premier different colorway and sole plate. I'm betting that the general release GS will be tweeked or downgraded to keep the limited model "special". Maybe the prototype that Gunt has with the Vapor VIII sole plate is actually the general release model?

5. ArsenalCesc4

ArsenalCesc4 Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Argentina
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hello!! How are you, guys? My parents are going to London next week and I asked them to buy me the Nike5 Lunar Gato Metallic Black/Yellow Chrome/University Gold (http://www.sportsdirect.com/nike-5-lunar-gato-indoor-competition-football-trainers-mens-261042). It is the only colour I like. But I have a problem, Sportsdirect does not have them in my size (UK=7 1/2, EUR=42). Do you think that, perhaps, some Nike Store (or Outlet, I don´t know) in London has those boots in UK= 7 1/2? I know it´s an old colour. I´ve never been in any Nike Store, that's why I´m asking your opinion, guys. Thanks a lot!!. (My english it´s rusty, I know. I´m sorry)

Bye!!

6. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just saw that soccerbible has a post about Ronaldo's previous boots and another post discussing whether or not the GS should be continued...is there any chance that they are building hype for an upcoming CR7 GS?

7. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    doubt it when they are releasing the vapor 8CR

8. lakelui

lakelui Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I made mention a few pages back hoping that they would do what you've just suggested.

9. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    if gs will be released i wonder if they are gonna do it in the same sizes...if so i wont be happy

10. The English Hacker

Aug 8, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So, I bought a pair of Vapor VII's last weekend and tried them out in a pick-up game on Wednesday. I'm normally quite a skeptical person (and in marketing) so I try not to be taken in with the various claims made by manufacturers. I should also point out that I'm slow and unfit.

I love these boots! I rarely try to dribble the ball but they actually made me want to because I felt like I could beat the opposing player. Well worth the $129 I paid locally.

11. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to agree, after trying speed boots for the first time I can't say that they make me any faster, three knee surgeries have robbed me of my youthful pace...but the lightness sure does put you in a mindset that makes you want to take on a defender.

12. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ^^Agree with that. It might sound a bit sad but it does, in my case too!

13. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Doesn't sound sad at all - it's why I always love speed boots. Personally... The new CTRs I just don't get along with as much as my Vapor VIIIs. They may fit better, be more comfortable.. But they just don't tick with me properly.

However ridiculous that sounds, it's true.

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Saw some lads wearing the baby blue/orange vapors at 5 a side yesterday. I didnt even realise they were out. They looked really nice on though, are they the same upper are the mangos?

appleCORR

15. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    fakes? no one on here has mentioned them at all ever in the whole world, so they must be fakes

JonIsAnOwl repped this.
  16. mxpbolt959

mxpbolt959 Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Good to know I'm not the only one that loves speed boots. They make me feel faster, even though it may not necessarily be the case!

17. Elbullio

Elbullio Member

Dec 24, 2010
    I am a avid T90 Laser 4 and CTR wearer, but i must say that the Vapor 8 took me by surprise. What a gigantic leap from Vapor 7 and the Superfly.

JonIsAnOwl repped this.
  18. ArsenalCesc4

ArsenalCesc4 Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Argentina
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hello!! I´m from Argentina. Can any on tell me in wich Nike Store/Oulet/Town in LONDON I could buy this indoor boots: Nike5 Lunar Gato Metallic Black/Yellow Chrome/University Gold). I need them in "UK=7 1/2". Thanks a lot!!
    27687.jpg

19. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They could be, I didn't get a really close look at them but. Thought that the sole
    Late looked a little bit dark, I put that down to them playing on 3G turf though. I only really saw them close. Up when they were walking past me. I thought it was a bit. Strange for them to have them when nobody had mentioned them because I think they will be a popular colourway when they finally are released.

appleCORR

20. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry for the poor punctuation, my iPad goes a bit mental when I type on it too fast!

appleCORR

21. Kalouda

Kalouda Member

Dec 18, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Got my first of two pairs of Tiempo Elites I've ordered, anyone have a problem with the laces being ridiculously long?

22. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I have a problem with them being a bit on the short side aha

23. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Do mv8s stretch at all? I tried on uk11s and there was a lot of toe box space where as 10.5 was a lityle
    Tight

24. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Depends which ones you are going for, if you are getting the mango ones with the suede type upper then yes, i found that they actually gave a lot because the upper is so soft, i think you'd be safe to go half a size down with those. As for the other upper which is like leather im not sure. The other risk would be that if you had the upper too tight, the boot might start to rip away from the sole as there has been durability issues with this version.

But basically yes, they suede type upper will give.

appleCORR

25. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Cheers apple! Cant find suedes in 10.5 anywhere so it would have to be te leathers! Never had these problems with any other mvs before