Nike Thread [16] - all info, questions, pics here please

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vujojosh

vujojosh Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't normally post my own content here, but I figured that enough of you would be interested in seeing my review for the Nike CTR360 Maestri III. I was able to get the shoe a few weeks before release so I have a had a couple of weeks to wear them now and I was really impressed. Anyways, I am sure that a lot of you are probably considering the Maestri III, so hopefully this review will help in making your decision. Here is the link: http://soccerreviewsforyou.com/nike_ctr360_maestri_iii_review

2. Maestri

Maestri New Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    when I play in my ctr IIs (size 9, same size as my regular shoes) i get pain in the bottom of my foot in the highlighted area. Anybody know the reason / have a fix? I ordered the ctr 3s because i think the pain is because of the untraditional soleplate on the shoe making it hurt on turf and HG surfaces and the ctr 3s look much more traditional in terms of soleplates. However, could it be that the toe box is too low and is squeezing my foot and making it hurt? This pain only occurs after playing for a while.

Attached Files:

• pain.png
      pain.png
      File size:
      568.5 KB
      Views:
  3. vujojosh

vujojosh Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm glad that you enjoy the content. As far as your problem goes, it could be two things. For sure what you are experiencing is some degree of stud pressure. The issue could be that the soleplate has broken down and lost some of its stiffness, so you are feeling the studs under your feet, something that just occurs over time. The other things could be that your insole is just broken down. The only thing that you can do is change the insole, and if that doesn't fix it, than there really isn't much that you can do, other than replace your shoe. Hope that helped.

Mercurial4991 and Maestri repped this.
  4. Maestri

Maestri New Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thanks, hopefully getting the ctr3s alleviate the stud pressure. If not, i'll look into getting different insoles.

5. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    I have to say though, The Trequesrista's actually felt extremely similar (they are made of Kangalite too, not sure if its the original or 2.0) to the Maestris, with exception to the pass-pad, where the Maestri's had that extra groove. I was actually tempted to get the Tre's because I couldnt quite tell much of a difference between the two.

6. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    May I ask you, fans of kanga lite, why do you want a synthetic upper made like a leather upper instead of just a real leather one?

7. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    I prefer a real leather upper but one of the only downsides is the amount of water they soak up when it's raining heavy (which it does a lot of in Glasgow). That is why I am considering ctr 3's for my sg boot for the new season.

8. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    But kanga lite is not very much better than real leather "KANGA-LITE ABSORBS UP TO 20% LESS WATER THAN NATURAL LEATHER, STAYING LIGHTER IN ALL CONDITIONS"

9. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    There's a nice look at some of the patents Nike have filed for the Nike+ Football system on Footy-Boots.com: http://www.footy-boots.com/nike-football-plus-patents-27568/

Personally, I don't think we'll see anything past the boot sensors any time soon, but if they had the whole system up and running within the next few years, that's going to be something to look forward to!

10. yarn

yarn New Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Singapore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    For me it's mainly for durability, leather is the superior material no doubt, but synthetics bond better to the soleplate and also don't scuff on turf.

Zizou15 repped this.
  11. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    TBH I'm not bothered by the "facts". Having worn both kanga lite and natural leather, for me the kanga lite stays lighter and more comfortable in soggy conditions.

12. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Leather boots ftw.

20% less water then leather.. well that 20% never effected players back when everyone wore black leather boots and played on the boggiest of pitchs did they?

13. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    I prefer to wear a traditional black leather boot. But I can't deny the fact the the kanga lite upper feels like it stays lighter and more comfortable on my foot in boggie conditions. The problem I have with the CTR's is the price. I hate paying so much for a boot that costs less to make than a kangaroo leather boot.

14. tilburysoccer

tilburysoccer Member

Sep 16, 2009
    KCMO
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I always heated my leather boots, for wet pitches, up with hair dryers and slathered them with some kind of boot bees wax stuff until they were saturated therefor waterproofing them. Worked extremely well for me. I hate synthetic boots.

15. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^Yikes! Hate to tell ya, but you were probably killing your leather, drying it out with all that heat!!

16. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    My 2 cents. Ive had ctr 1 and ctr 1 elite. Kanga lite is just soo easy to maintain. TBH i just CBA cleaning my boots after each use and if you get k-lite you can either just run them under a tap or leave them and theyre fine. Also, if it scuffs you dont have to worry about the upper because nail varnish remover works a treat to remove scuffs. Whereas in a leather boot, I think, it takes alot more maintenance, If you want to make the most out of them. Obviously you can get them muddy then leave them but ive always thought that is bad for the leather leaving them to dry in mud? Also, when i had my mizunos the paint chipped off the toe when i played on 3g with them.
    I hear you all talking about how comfy mizunos etc are and theyre all made out of leather, but atm they just seem abit to high maintenance for me. Ill stick with the vapor 8's because IMO they are the best boots i have ever used, even though i am missing a heel stud on them o_O

17. LNSC Cr

LNSC Cr Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    i like the kangalite on my new ctrs compared to my tiempos becus shooting is way better tiempos almost too soft for shots

18. Morl01

Morl01 Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Can anyone help me out?

19. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I dont think anyone can really help until we see pictures and the extent of the damage. If it looks like it is going to get worse with playing id just return them.

Had a kick about in the new CTRs yesterday, the upper is really soft and feel kinda thin. I'm predicting a possible durability issue with them. They are really nice boots though.

appleCORR

20. Morl01

Morl01 Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Thanks apple. When I clean them up I'll post some photos. They are about 2-3cm long each.

21. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Where abouts? above the sole?

I'd just send them back, no boot is supposed to seperate from the sole. If Nike wanted to be awkward they could say its because of the surface you are wearing the boots on, if say its 3G turf because it grips the studs a bit more so could cause the upper to seperate from the sole.

appleCORR

22. Morl01

Morl01 Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The right boot is tearing just above where the big toe sits and the left boot is peeling from the sole in multiple places. How do I go about returns from Australia?

23. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    running trend with boots at the momment.

Every release recently seems to have some bad split/tear/sole issue more so then in other years

24. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Usually you get in touch with the place you had the boots from and if they wont refund them for you they will give you the details to contact Nike.

appleCORR