Nike Thread [16] - all info, questions, pics here please

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hmm.. So in that review, he's basically saying the Vapor VIIIs are the perfect boot? Really?

While I don't doubt they are fantastic boots, the review just seems a little OTT.

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You will be fine wearing the FG version on 3G turf, I've worn mine and had no problems, you get a lot more traction than with the conical studs of the adizeros. I got no stud pressure and the 2 rear studs were fine, I cab guarantee one thing and that is that they will get trashed on turf. The upper is really hard to lean and remove scuffs/marks from so you might want to save them for grass!

As for the upper being waterproof I wore them in rain last week and my socks go soaked, but as its been mentioned I think the water leaks in through the eyelits and the tongue because it's so thin.

appleCORR

3. RageXI

RageXI New Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Thanks for the replies. Can't wait to try them.
    Anyone know the best way to clean them, I was thinking a towel with warm water? And for the laces a water bottle with warm water and soap/detergent in?

4. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember this is based off of his experience with the boots, honestly I think he is the best reviewer out there and is getting even better. He's pretty much had every boot on the market. :eek:

5. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When it rains, dont all boots get wet inside? Its not really a problem is it?

6. frannie11

frannie11 Member

Oct 9, 2009
    uk
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    ^thats what i thought...on top of your feet getting sweaty aswell?!

7. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    No its not a problem but if you buy the boot mainly because it's waterproof then it may not be the best option for you. I got sweaty when I tried them on at the store but not when I played.

8. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    My feet didn't sweat either my feet got soaked from kicking a wet ball.

appleCORR

9. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think mine come tomorrow, but has anyone thought of scotch guarding the boot?

10. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Obviously in a downpour its enviable, but in my Superfly II's and Vapors (IV, V & VI) plus my Puma V1.11's my feet stay dry as. Puma V1.10SL's they get a little wet due to the mesh tongue but it's ok. I just hate my socks near the toes getting soaked, which seems to happen the most in my adipure III's.

11. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What were you doing in the store to get sweaty feet?

And for me I don't understand why people seem to be so scared of wet feet. I don't know if anyone is from Manchester but to had a game tonight in this glorious weather. It rained about 4 times with a bit of hail stone and to a point where you could hardly see the other end of the pitch! Tbh I prefer playing when it is soaking wet. Keeps you refreshed

12. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2nd-ed. soccerreviewsforyou is definitely the best reviews imo. and he's not saying they're they perfect boots; they have protection issues, shooting could be better, as well durability. They're just really damn good boots.

13. jingerbread

jingerbread Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Tampa, Fl.
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Protection is the only thing stopping me from getting them as currently both of my big toe nails are black.

14. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    I just did some dribbles but the reason for my feet getting sweaty was probably the temperature in the store. When I played it was minus degrees Celsius so that's why they didn't get sweaty but they got a little wet from the snow/rain.

15. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Josh is by far the most detailed and objective reviewer that regularly works and posts. I tend trust his input more than anyone (aside from my own findings); I would put his knowledge and insight in the same bracket as my own and Apple. The sheer amount of product that he obtains is impressive on it's own, let alone his detailing and improving writing skill.

16. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  17. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
  18. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Has he? I couldn't find it on there. Do you have any links?

19. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, I'm not saying that at all C-Dub! I don't doubt they are excellent boots.

But shooting got a 9/10. How many other boots got so high a mark?

Durability is still an 8... That is a mark that is pretty hard to improve on in my book.

Protection also, a lightweight boot will inevitably have protection issues.

20. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    http://soccerreviewsforyou.com/diadora_dd_eleven_gx_14 http://soccerreviewsforyou.com/puma_powercat_1_12_review http://soccerreviewsforyou.com/mizuno_wave_ignitus_2_k http://soccerreviewsforyou.com/puma_powercat_1_10 http://soccerreviewsforyou.com/adidas_adipower_predator_trx_fg http://soccerreviewsforyou.com/nike_t90_laser_elite http://soccerreviewsforyou.com/nike_total_90_laser_iii_k_leather

Those are the boots that got 9/10 or more at shooting. I am sorry for providing so many links but he asked for it.

21. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol there you go Jon, in reality the ratings at the end don't mean anything. The guy provides in depth info on the boot after a long course of testing. He even compares boots to their previous model and against other competitors.

Everyone's overall rating system for reviewing isn't very good to be honest. I've seen flaws on both Soccerreviewsforyou, Soccerreviews, but mostly Soccerbible.

22. dannysnightout

Jul 31, 2011
    NJ, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember reading a few pages back that the Mango/dark grey colorway of the vapor viii's were made in Italy... Anyone know if the white/blue colorway is made in Italy as well?

23. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Reviews can only do so much. They shouldn't be taken seriously. At the end of the day the only way to find out how you feel about the boot is for you to try it yourself.