Nike Thread [16] - all info, questions, pics here please

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Was this on a specific colorway? I was looking at getting the black in ID's (and maybe the standard white and blue as well with a voucher), but I am undecided at the moment. This sounds interesting as the black uppers I saw on the test models looked to be a different material.

2. bigblkguy

bigblkguy New Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    nope all the Vapors NIKEID will be in synthetic leather didnt matter what colour it is. i think you should try your size before gettin the nike id if you havnt tried them on already.

3. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    I have ctr 2 elites and vapor 8s and I can tell you that for me the vapors are so much more comfortable and I prefer the central lacing on the vapors over the lacing on the ctr. It is also a plus that the double layer glass fiber is stiffer than the carbon fiber on the ctr 2 elites.

4. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    when i got my nike town k-IV vapors all the samples are for sizing, and i found the synthetic to be abit more softer then regular, but you have to take into account that hundreds go into niketown and i bet theres a fair few who have tried them on, so naturally they are going to be nicely broken in too.

do you know if they are offering any type of niketown exclusive id? e.g k-leather upper at all?

5. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I was asking if the material finish was the same on all ID color options? You stated that it is more like leather than the retail model, which is more suede like, but you were unclear on the colorway this applied to.

6. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    what about the safari option how did they feel?

7. bigblkguy

bigblkguy New Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    same felt like a leather finish aswel

im sure i answered it by saying all the nikeid colour ways will be in a leather finish, doesnt matter what colour you pick online. hope that helps.

8. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gunt, your leaks always amaze me.. :rolleyes:

9. misterbroom12

misterbroom12 Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a way to break up the colors too. Boots look fantastic.

10. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i was talking to the owner of a local shop that i always go to and he said the ctr iii is coming out for the Euro this summer. i hope hes right cos it looks amazing

11. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The misunderstanding was my fault, I was reading the reply in my iPhone, and I must not have seen it a clearly as I would have on a larger screen. Thanks for the clarification.

12. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Went and had a feel and test of the Vapors today.. The upper felt like bloody newspaper it was that soft? I was absolutely incredible shocked.

13. jingerbread

jingerbread Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Tampa, Fl.
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Looking to sell my 400$ Nike voucher for 300$. Shoot me a pm if anyone wants it.

I'll be dropping it on a pair of CTR III if no one picks it up until they come out and I will sell the remainder.

14. Choi9

Choi9 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Okay thanks for your help! My Adipowers are already tearing at the sole and the season hasn't even started yet... Vapors! :D

15. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I just broke down and ordered the mango Vapor with my voucher....I am going to order NikeID Vapors when my next voucher arrives so I can do a compare and contrast between the two items.

16. jingerbread

jingerbread Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Tampa, Fl.
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Looking forward to that.

17. dannysnightout

Jul 31, 2011
    NJ, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm surprised no one is liking the white/blue colorway.

18. jingerbread

jingerbread Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Tampa, Fl.
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I like it a lot more than the orange but they don't scuff as easy. People have been claiming that the upper scuffs easily due to the suede like finish, so they have been avoiding the white.

19. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The Vapor 8 video will be the first new item put up on my blog; which I plan to relaunch this weekend with a new format and more dedicated posting time table. I have finally found the template I like, and fully developed the plan on how to run things.

I like it a lot, but it is going to hold stains with the material, IMO, and I didn't want the boots to look green, brown, and black after a weekend of coaching and playing. Also, the white isn't brilliant white, or shiny in person. It looks slightly off white..almost the color of almond milk.

My exact reasoning...Now with the black (either black/white or blackout) that I will get from NikeID along with the supposed more leather like upper, it shouldn't be any sort of issue. I would be tempted by a possible whiteout as oppose to black out if the ID material is more leather like.

20. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    ^the scuff is what is concerning me too. The white would match perfectly with my blue/white kit but we play on turf and it woul just kill the boot, and since I'm in Aus I can't ID A pair.
    When you review it JC, can you please take note and let us know how wet, if at all, your foot gets? My no1 pet hate beside too big boots is wet feet, which is why I am a synthetic guy, but Apple mentioned her foot got wet easy so it has me concerned. Any info from anyone also appreciated!

21. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    I believe that the synthetic is waterproof but the lace holes and the ventilation holes of the tongue takes up a lot of water.

22. RageXI

RageXI New Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    I bought the white/blue Vapor 8s yesterday they look amazing.
    Although it does look like they'll get pretty scuffed though but I'll have to wait and see how hard it is to clean them.

Does anyone know what the Vapor FG sole is like on artificial/3G grass?
    We train on that stuff and I was hoping on using them on there, my worry is the studs snapping as even with my fingers bend them the slightest. It's the stuff with black pellets so it's quite soft and my adipure FGs were fine on there.

23. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I will do my best with a rain dance...hahaha. Seriously, I will make sure I get them out when it is wet, and rain is forecasted near me off and on this week, so it should present the opportunity to test in the wet.

I tend to find that no matter how water proof the upper, once the socks get soaked it is all downhill from there. If the surface is slick you are usually ok, but in a downpour, it is happening no matter what.

It seems like it is ok from what I have heard. I doubt that it will snap, Nike makes pretty strong studs these days, I would be more concerned with too much grip or pressure, which I always look out for when a new pattern hits the market. The slight bit of flex in the studs could be a good thing, actually because they will unlock from the turf easier.

24. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna