Nike Thread [16] - all info, questions, pics here please

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremy2912

jeremy2912 Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Brussels
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I took a 10,5 in MV VIII like in my other vapors.
    And they fit perfect. It's really up to personal preference.

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good luck with cleaning the upper, I've tried everything and nothing seems to work because of the material the upper is made from, infect I've given up cleaning mine because nothing takes the scuffs off the upper. Is a shame really.

appleCORR

3. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    I just scrapped it off with my nails.

4. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Can we get a confirmation on where they are made? I heard Italy was going to be the location but I would imagine Bosnia is a realistic guess (it seems that is where they make their pro issue boots on normal lasts). I am hoping they have finally cut China out of the equation.

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Is will try my nails then!

The only time they got really clean was when I was playing with them in the rain, my friend wants the white/blue ones but after seeing how my mango ones have gone he has changed his mind.

What colour are out for the euros? The baby blue?

appleCORR

6. SuMing

SuMing Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Why not try Jason Markk? I use it on all shoes I have. Best shoe cleaner I have ever used.

7. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What's that? I'm uk based and never heard of it.

appleCORR

8. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    Mine are made in Italy but I have seen Bosnia made ones too.

9. baba.g.baba

baba.g.baba Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    mine are made in Italy too.

10. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I hope that applies to the NikeId models as well. Pending a good fit in the retail model I am going to ID some blackouts or straight black and whites, in FG.

11. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    http://jasonmarkk.com/retailers.html

I've gotten a few bottles and they're pretty legit. Not sure how they work on scuffs so much but general cleaning is good.

12. taajdarwish

taajdarwish Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    i use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for my Sail/Red/Soar Vapor VIII's, it works beautifully!

13. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    I think you can use an extra thin credit card or something like that if you wish to clean them quicker.

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Tried that last night, didnt work. I think it probably worked with the other vapors because it was a smooth upper. It's not the end of the world, football boots are meant to be worn. Just glad i didnt pay for them!!

appleCORR

15. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  16. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think they were one of the best colours in the SF1 especially with the (red) laces. Someone certainly got a bargain, dont look like the original studs tho.

appleCORR

17. labradog

labradog Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    what's with the adidas box :p

18. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Was at the Trafford Centre earlier, man do i hate that place, popped across into JJB while my girlfriend was trying some stuff on somewhere and had a look at the new Vapors.

Firstly i was surprised that JJB even had a top of the range boot for once, hadn't seen that in a while at my local stores, but i was pleasantly surprised when i got my hands on them.

I only have two previous experiences with Vapors, tried on some III's years ago when my mate had some, could barely get my feet into them even though we're the same shoe size and only last about 5 minutes of a kick about before i had to give up. Then i bought some VI's from an outlet store last year, the upper was pretty stiff as was the soleplate and i had to remove the shitty lace cover so i could adjust the fit properly. Still they didn't really do it for me, the inside was too slippy so my foot kept moving around, the toebox seemed very rigid as well as oddly shaped and they didn't accomodate my low arch at all well. Think they got about 3 uses before i sold them on.

The new boot seems like it might be worth another try though, at least going to go and try them on at some point. The upper feels very strange to the touch but it is nice and thin and very pliable so that should create a decent chance of them fitting my oddly shaped feet. Was also nice to see that they seemed to have a pretty low arch in them, something Nike seemed to have done on the new Legends and Lasers too, so again they've got a better chance of fitting me.

Might have to pop out and try some on soon to see how they feel, then with my birthday only a couple weeks away i'm sure i'll have some money burning a hole in my pocket.

19. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    CRAY. Small world. I live 5 min walk from trafford centre

20. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I tried on the Vapor as well today....I was pretty impressed, and I can echo the rest of the board when saying to go down 1/2 a size from your usual Nike selection (unless you have perfectly shaped feet and everything fits in the same size). They are a very different fit across the board from anything that I have tried on in the past, but I felt like there was just too much toe space in the 11.

The boot is shockingly minimal, in the best way possible, and I think this is what the Vapor should have been all along. The upper is almost like suede and the material from the V1.06 mated. I get the feeling that they will shape very quickly to the curves of your foot. I have a wider fitting foot, especially when I size down and there were no real issues in the comfort/width (not always the case with Vapors in the past). My feet looked like a very packed in fit, but not like the boot was too small.

For what it is worth, the two studs in the heel were not noticeable, but I wasn't running either. I also noticed that this stores whole batch, mango and white were Bosnian in make...at least in the display size and the 10.5 and 11. That is fine with me, as long as they are not made in China.

Now the debate is to use my voucher and get them in a few days, or NikeID a pair in black/white or blackouts and wait 2-4 weeks for them to arrive. I am going to most likely end up with another voucher soon from an older pair of shoes, so I could realistically wait for that and NikeID a pair....decisions, decisions.

21. lakelui

lakelui Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ordered a pair of iD when they 1st came up in the US, but ended up cancelling when I heard people talking about the sizing. I decided to wait & try a pair on @ my local shop & for me found they fit the same as my sf's for the most part so ended up going ahead & ordered a pair of iD. Went white base w/ red toe swoosh & blue inner swoosh w/ US flag (I'll be sure to post when they come).

The thing I liked the best when trying them on was how they instantly seemed to hug my foot. The material seemed almost like a really thin version of the material on the T-5's. The only thing that scared me was how thin the inside by your arch is, but I'm sure that won't be a real issue.

22. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    can someone send me a link to those socks with the circles on them that the pros are wearing which were posted in here a while back? can't find them on here now

23. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.trusox.com/

A friend of mine has a pair and raves about them all the time. I might get a pair as well.

24. frannie11

frannie11 Member

Oct 9, 2009
    uk
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    seems theres going to be a fair few pairs of id vapors showing on here soon....i ordered mine at the beginning of the week!
    ^ trusox
    http://www.trusox.com/

haha you beat me to it! ive ordered a pair of those too to see what they are like!

25. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I might be getting the white/blue colorway that is out right now, just want to see if anyone has a way of getting them clean..