Nike Thread [16] - all info, questions, pics here please

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naplessharks23

Feb 15, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    any colorways anyone would like to see on vapor 8s? im getting nikeid ones and cant choose a colorway i was thinking black as primary because of the scuffing problem but anyone with any ideas?

2. Copperhead

Copperhead Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a review of the Superfly 3 vs Vapor 8 yet?

3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Vapor 8 is a much much better boot, much thinner upper and lower toe box, it's also half the price which can't e a bad thing!

appleCORR

4. Copperhead

Copperhead Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there something I can read about that. I'm not doubting you but the reviews I read never mention how it's thinner than the Superfly 3 or lower etc...

5. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just saying, Apple has had every incarnation of the Vapor and SF and basically every Nike boot for that matter. Just because she doesn't have some blog or a fancy site doesn't make her information any less qualified. In fact, given her experience in the boot market, I'd tend to listen to her more than any other reviewer.

Just my 2 cents/sense....

6. Copperhead

Copperhead Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You think I know that? I don't know who she is. I wouldn't know that she has them all. I don't know you for that matter either but that's not particularly important. She's just another member to me for all I know. No disrespect intended to Apple at all but I just don't understand why people would think that was common knowledge. I had no clue.

7. junglist

junglist Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Tried on the Vapor 8's today, jeezzz there thin, when i mean thin. Even thinner then the Vapor 3's. They feel similar to the Puma V1 06's. The toebox for me is narrower then the Vapor 3's aswell. They feel very nice. Good job by Nike for once on the Vapor range.

8. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't like that all the boots are 3/4 one colour and 1/4 the other, except for the Tiempo which, for some reason is 50/50

9. InTheUpper90s

InTheUpper90s Member

Sep 4, 2008
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    those are all so fresh

10. naplessharks23

Feb 15, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    just wondering why is it vapor vi?

11. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Makes me laugh all the kids that buy vapors. in their head they think they will do this ->[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkyBWGfP1QY"]SCORE[/ame]

But in reality they will do this -> [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puOGIX5RtHs"]Miss[/ame]

1 person likes this.
  12. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wut u talkin about i run fast and shoot hard with my vapors

13. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hahahaha! Completely agree lnicholson!

14. JohnnyG17

JohnnyG17 New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    @lnicholson29 Or this haha [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5EBblkEU5k"]John O'Shea is SHIT. Couldn't hit a gays arse with a dildo - YouTube[/ame]

15. MLD Woody

MLD Woody Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    It sounds like you are between a 10.5 and an 11, so say like a 10.75 so you are getting your cleats to stretch about 1/4 a shoe size.

I'm between a 13 and a 14 ans they don't make half sizes. I'd be trying to stretch my cleats more like 1/2 a size, which I am skeptical about.

Also I can't try them on because no where near me carries Tiempos that large

16. theking79

theking79 Member

Mar 20, 2010
    They are doing the exact same thing as the world cup, looks like they ran out of ideas.

17. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Haha tbf thats me aswell haha thinking i can do a ronaldo but ending up with an oshea...but every now and again i do a real oshea [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seejAiq6V7A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seejAiq6V7A[/ame]

John o'shea...the real legend :p

18. ALEX408

ALEX408 Member

Mar 25, 2007
    SJ
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great stereotyping. Very logical.

19. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  20. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well to be fair, my dress shoes are usually and 11.5 and my running shoes an 11. I actually measure closer to a US 12 on the Brannock Device. I would love it if boots were made down to the quarter size for the general population.

I would just order both sizes and return the ones that don't fit. You will get your money back if you return them in the proper amount of time.

21. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I found this hilarious...and about 99% true based on my experience as a coach.

22. dannysnightout

Jul 31, 2011
    NJ, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The miss video isn't showing :/

23. MLD Woody

MLD Woody Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I was planning on ordering through NikeID so I don't think I can do that. Plus if I were to get 13s I wouldn't know if they could stretch to the right size until I actually break them in

24. Busa '94

Busa '94 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nike fails with the Euro's. The vapors are the same as the release except a white front. Tiempo's are the only class boot out of the four. Called up Nike and screamed at them (yes literally) about my CTR's and they promised me that this would not happen again. Sent me a pair of the green Tiempo's for $100 and gave me $80 bucks back. Anyways are the Euro Tiempos going to be available in Elite form?

25. dannysnightout

Jul 31, 2011
    NJ, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if they will be in Elite's, I don't think so but ya never know. I was told numerous times that the new white/ green wasn't going to be released in the elites, but they were. Although from what it looks like the white/green elites seem to be a European only release and not available in the US.