Nike Freddy Adu Ad!

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by kaberon10, Sep 18, 2003.

1. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    Yes folks, on nikesoccer.com their is a series of 6 videos of The Freddy juggling and doing tricks with the ball while doing an interview. The best part is when the interviewer asks him if any of his family plays and he says "My little brother plays a little." :)
    With all the Adu hype, I'm proud to be the first person to find this series and report it to BS!

2. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Excellent work my minions.

You'll both be receiving a box of Matt's Chocolate Chip Cookies in the mail during the next 10 business days.

4. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    OOOOOOOOOOOOH I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY COOKIES!

5. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    Unbelievable moves by Freddy. No grainy footage vs. some 3rd world team--this is a kid who not only can do amazing things with a ball but can carry on a conversation at the same time.

Unbelievably sorry-ass website by Nike. This would not have been a company I would have guessed would have had such a discombobulated and unresponsive setup.

6. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder when we'll see Freddy Nike ads on TV? :)

7. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW: Those are not ads but clips from the camera just rolling before making an ad.
    I guess that's rather obvious but we must idiot proof all threads. The lady was not an interviewer but could have been anyone on the set like the floor director.
    Anyway.. Look for the real ads sometime in the next few months! :)

8. BurnFanMan

BurnFanMan New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    El Paso
    HMMM

Eeehhhhhhhhhh. Boring. I'm not so much disappointed in Freddy as I am in Nike. Surely they can find a hell of a lot better footage than that. He doesn't look half as good as any of the Euros or Brazilians they have in their regular ads. I am sure it is just a matter of time before they start utilizing their million dollar investment, but give the kid some cleats and training gear and let him mess around with the ball outside and I'll be impressed. He looked like he was fighting the ball half the time. There are average players on my son's team who can do stuff like that. There might even be one or two players on the Burn (I said it so no jokes) who could pull that off. Say what you want about the grainy footage playing against teenager on the internet, but that's where you really see what Freddy can do.

9. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    Actually they could be the ads...Nike's recent ads all have been similar to that one in terms of style and camera work. Hopefully the first big Nike ad barrage featuring The Freddy will be more impressive, to better catch the attention of the non-soccer enthusiast.

10. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: HMMM

Ummm.. Those are not edited pieces like the ads you are talking about. Wait to see the finished ads before comparing. They may have worked for hours on the ad(s) and when you see the finished edited piece it may look better than anything Nike has done before for all we know know. Those are just clips from him warming up or practicing and mean nothing as far as what the ad will look like.

11. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's some incredible stuff. he sounds like a little kid ....... but then again, i guess he is.

12. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would bet my life they are not the ads.
    I bet the grip who's still working on the set in background would too.

13. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    He didn't pull off some of the things he tried, but since it's just footage of him messing around, it's pretty impressive.

14. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    Re: HMMM

Laughing.

15. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Nike got that ad with Tiger Woods bouncing the ball on his club because Tiger was just killing time between takes.

I think the ad will be something with Freddy making other people look like fools with some super imposed words saying "This is Freddy Adu...he has scored X goals in Y games...he has every club in the world fighting for him...he is only 14." Then throw in whatever the Nike slogan is.

16. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, i can't wait to see those come out on tv. i just hope he plays in MLS for a few years and doesn't do something stupid like sit on a youth team in England. American soccer needs this kid right now!

17. spender

spender New Member

Mar 3, 2002
    haha, that footage sucked, he did one nice stepover with the ball, but he did not show me anything impressive. I really hate the move where he pulls his shirt off. such a stupid move. it made me angry to see him do it. ********in freddy.

18. ronaldinhosamba#10

ronaldinhosamba#10 New Member

Sep 10, 2004
    wow thats really messed up. Hes just a kid for one and he had a alot of nice moves i thought. those are the kinda words freddy dosen't need because it will just bring a kid brought into an inviroment like that down. I know because during the summer i was on the u-14 dc united superyleague team and we got to train with the first team of dc united. And i got to talk to freddy and hes a really good guy who justs loves playing soccer. And I hope he keeps going and do his thing.

19. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    And you resucitated a 13 month old thread for what reason? :confused:

20. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    wrong post