Nike Equipment Discussion Thread [8]

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Skizz, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its Swanny

Its Swanny New Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Midwest, USA
    they're pretty comfortable. i sized down to a 10 (10.5 in most other nikes) and they were still quite comfortable.

basically, they haven't fixed the #1 problem with the vapors, and it sucks. it's just all large and stiff (no homo)

no bag. the pics show exactly how they come, straight from the box.

however, there may be a bag with the other colors or something. or maybe my pair didn't have a bag. i guess i didn't check close enough.

2. hopelesshost

hopelesshost New Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Does anyone know when those shoes will be available in california? Like soccer post or something? thanks...

3. Its Swanny

Its Swanny New Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Midwest, USA
    They should be arriving any day now. The other shop worker posted above that they had theirs a week ago, and we just got ours in today.

They're a 2/1 launch, but usually shoes arrive a week or so before that.

4. Sweep3r

Sweep3r New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    They changed the name. But ya I'm wanna pick up a pair before highschools over.

-D

5. hopelesshost

hopelesshost New Member

Jun 17, 2007
    muchas gracias guys. What about the mercurial talaria IV ? Sorry for the all the questions...

6. pancho411

pancho411 New Member

Sep 2, 2006
    Our store is in San Jose, California and like I said before we've had them for a about a week now so I'm guessing that a lot of stores in California have them already since Nike usually ships their footwear from Oregon.

7. Mr Vexed

Mr Vexed New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    The Endz, LDN
    them silly orange things look like clown shoes to me.

8. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanks for the little report Swanny.
    Is it my imagination, or does it look like your pair has a lot of space in the front of them?

Either way, the lace cover looks pretty tacky to me.

9. wxcblue

wxcblue Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Cardiff, Wales
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    wore my white/gold k leather lasers for the first time in a game on saturday, had no problems with them, they're comfortable, touch was good, just need a little bit of wearing in and they'll be like slippers, one thing tho, i've now got a massive grass stain down the instep of one of the boots, cleaned them good and proper and the stain won't come out, anyone have any ideas how to get rid of it, thanks x

10. Arsenal-FC

Arsenal-FC Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Vapor boots used to be sleek...I, II sleeeek!

III just acceptable...these? oh dear.

11. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There does look like there is a lot of room in the front of the boot. But that tends to happen with vapors until you have worn the toe box at the front down. I did expect the lace cover to come higher up the boot than it does though. It looks a bit weird leaving half the laces exposed like that.

Thanks for the pictures though. Still not 100% sure what i make of them!!

appleCORR

12. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    Dammit, Nike, why must you release the green boots I've always coveted? Looks like I might be giving Vapors another try come July.

Buying a pair of Vapors just for the colorway... why does that sound so familiar?

13. patrick s.

patrick s. New Member

May 25, 2007
    Toronto
  14. schrinic

schrinic New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    the material softer than mviii's?
    nad how bout the insoles? same as mviii'S?

15. nksccr92

nksccr92 New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    How are the spikes under the ball, can you feel it?

16. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Hmm, well I never had much of a problem with the heel cups on 1s or 2s, unlike the absolutes where I cud barely flex my ankle sidewards without the outside digging into my leg. Never wore the 3s so is it a problem from those?

Yea strange why the lace cover shows so much cleavage, tacky yes but not cumbersome like the f50s have looked, interested how u lace them with it...

17. Realnomis7

Realnomis7 Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Venezuela-now FL
    God those IVs look so nice,I want a pair so bad but i just bought IIIs a month ago.

18. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Which store? Asbys, SoccerPro, Just Soccer, Campos, or soccer stars?

19. joey8sg8

joey8sg8 New Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Tea Room
    Soccer stars is now called soccer city and is run by my boy, Albert!

20. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I noticed the new MV is "imported" meaning made in China or a neighbor from my experience. Weren't the previous MV models made in Italy? If so, let's toast to yet another example how a big corporation is increasing their profits by cutting down on cost and quality and ultimately f-ing everybody up their asses while all we can do is to say that they crease a lot. Is anybody else upset about this?

21. joey8sg8

joey8sg8 New Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Tea Room
    Holy hell, calm down, internet badass. In one of the pictures you can see printed on the box is something to the effect of made in italy.

22. pancho411

pancho411 New Member

Sep 2, 2006
    I work at ASBY'S for the San Jose members that wanted to know what store I worked at!

23. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I sure hope you're right. I noticed the "Imported" label on soccer.com for MVIV, while it states clearly "Made in Italy" for MVIII. To me, indignation is justified considering the price tag of $200 for less than 300 grams of plastic if now manufactured in China rather than Italy.

24. Its Swanny

Its Swanny New Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Midwest, USA
    I have the box in front of me. It clearly states:

MADE IN ITALY.

Oh, and they DO come with a bag. It was in the bottom and I didn't see it before.

And here's a little bit of fun info for you guys...

Vapor patent 1
    Vapor IV patent 2

25. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Can someone tell me when has Ronaldo not scored with these shoes on?