Nike Boot and Equipment Thread [3]

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by soorbob, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. achyx

achyx New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    UK
  2. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not the case at all. Once they release a new colorway, the sales constantly decrease over time, regardless of whether the boot is "popular" or not. If you keep releasing colorways, then some people who already own the boot in a previous color will say "Oh, I like those!" (like most of the people in the E&G forums), and buy them along with new adopters.

Also, the first color released will move the most pairs. I guarantee you that the Volt Laser II's sold more than any other colorway that has been out yet, even though it was by far the worst looking. You might as well release the shite colors first (and sell quite a lot since it's a launch product), then sell more later when you release the best colorways (which will also sell relatively well considering they look good).

3. emu og

emu og New Member

Jul 22, 2008
    And that's the answer that the marketing team would give me and show me up, haha.

4. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can anyone confirm the next super ligera colors from this page. I can't believe nike would release 3 more white-based colors with no black.

5. endlesswinterco

endlesswinterco BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2008
    East Coast
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    there is nothing in the catalogs for upcoming super ligera colors. I heard from one source though that in china/japan, those colors are available currently, just not on us/euro soil.

6. MBvdv

MBvdv Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Enschede
    Some New pics of the Vaps 5's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy

MBvdv

7. emu og

emu og New Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Man, they still look like they would fit like the IV's...

I just hope the Superflys are tighter fitting

8. SindreV

SindreV Member

May 22, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What's up with the different T90-logo? I know it's not a big deal...at all actually, but I just wonder why Nike produce the same shoe with a few different details? And yes, both is Laser II's, and not Strikes or something :)

9. 90laser77

90laser77 Member

Jun 19, 2008
    yeah, i noticed that with the red/maroon laserII's. in some pics they are red/maroon/gold, but now they released as red/maroon/silver. its just weird

10. CJ-Boy

CJ-Boy Member

May 29, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's because sometimes companies, mostly nike, put pictures of pre-release samples instead of the ones that are actually gonna be released.

11. Brian9

Brian9 Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The Vapor V's still have those terrible pink pads

12. jdunlop511

jdunlop511 Member

Dec 22, 2007
    H-town
    i actually think the new vapor 5s are really good looking
    i'll probably get a pair when some better colorways come out.

13. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the r/w/b vapor V's are looking better every time i see them. I'd like to see better pictures of the orange-red ones because the color description says like blaze orange or something like that, but idk if its just my computer, they look very red to me

14. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely not "blaze orange". Just reddish-orange. And yeah, I agree, I like them more and more each time I see pictures of them. I just don't like the abrupt color transition from purple to white at the toe.

15. emu og

emu og New Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Yeah, I hated them the first time I saw those bigsoccer ones, but they grow on me alot.

They're nothing compared to when I saw the euro vapors though.

16. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    some people almost jizzed in their pants when they saw the euros. I don't think we'll be seeing anything as good as that in a while. never thought that brown and cyan would look good together...

17. emu og

emu og New Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Really. It sounds horrible in description, but its absolutely amazing. I'm glad Nike didn't do something stupid like put the cyan blue on the swoosh instead of the white.

18. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, I was skeptical when I first heard they were brown because I pictured a light brown and it wasn't sounding to good. I haven't seen the bags for any euro shoe. Is it the same as a MVIV bag just matching the colors, or did they put the E8 Crest on it?

19. emu og

emu og New Member

Jul 22, 2008
    I can only speak for the vapors. Mine came with some fancy shoe bag. Its not a backpack

20. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's good they didn't make it a super special bag. IMO Puma went WAY overboard with the King XL Special edition. it comes with like a boot cosmetic kit.

21. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    MVV's look like its a combo of iii & iv. I think ill be going mercurial next season...bit of waste seeing as i got some new laser ii's the other week oh well!

Not too keen on the colour way though, why cant we have black or white boots to open?

22. endlesswinterco

endlesswinterco BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2008
    East Coast
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    T5's are now on NikeID.com

23. soorbob

soorbob New Member

Apr 5, 2008
    And they were like last week.

24. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah but like half the time you tried to order it would say "out of stock" i think thats changed

25. soorbob

soorbob New Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Oh ok sorry. But sometimes (very rarely it did work) and I produced some cool design

Only to later find out that they are coming out as regular colourways :mad: