Nike Boot and Equipment Thread [3]

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by soorbob, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m4k-10

m4k-10 New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Soorbob trust me you've had a nice collection of boots. When i was that age i was one of them £10 umbro wearers. My mum would never spend over £40 for my boots and that was a stretch.i used to look at the MV STEAMS in awe! Now that i have means of raising money for myself i just buy top range boots.

And for T90 Ozzy saying you're not spoilt. dont lie.

2. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed m4k, I just don't understand how anyone can be willing to buy a pair of $200 boots for a kid that still has growing feet, especially due to the fact that we're in a recession.
    Just do your parents a favor and get a pair of reasonably priced boots that will suit your level of play. I can see being 13/14 and having one or two high-end pairs, but to have what Ozzy has? No offense to him, but no matter how good he is, that's just ridiculous.

3. soorbob

soorbob New Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Yeah guys you do have a good point. And I have a £45 voucher though, I guess I shall wait for the MVVs to come out and decide between Citron Steams or V steams.

4. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sounds like a better plan to me. You'll almost always use outdoors more than indoors, so invest more more in the ones you use the most often

5. soorbob

soorbob New Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Yeah, so are they only indoors? I thought the 'Calcetto' outsole is just like astroturf? Oh.

Well I'm so excited about what I have found that I have turned away from T-5s and astroturfs and here is my magnificent new find on PDS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those will be comfy for him while on the bench. :rolleyes:

7. soorbob

soorbob New Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Lol, but I think they will be stunning and remember our convo on mr getting an alternative trainer to the T-5s, well I think I may have found one :rolleyes:

8. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So I tried on the normal citron Vapors today...they are made in Bosnia and true to form with their factory they seem a touch off in sizing. I have the white and blue Vaps made in Italy in a 10.5 and they are much more sung around the contours of the foot in a 10.5 than the citron 10.5's from Bosnia, I really could do a 10 in the citrons which I can't do with an Italian made Vapor.

I had the same thing happen with the Laser 1 synthetic models in the first run which were Italian made vs the later runs like the sliver with neon shotsheild which was made in Bosnia

I also tried on the new white and blue Laser and for some reason it seems a bit wider than the earlier models at the forefoot point where the synthetic meets the rubber and it is stitched together.

I swear that Nike does alter their boots fit slightly in the middle of the production runs.

9. abgcunited11

abgcunited11 New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Virginia
    vapors made in Bosnia?? That's so lame if Nike stops making all vapors in Italy. That was one of the things that separated Vapors from other boots.

10. Gabes

Gabes New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Normal vapors are made in Bosnia. SL's still Italy. Speaking of which I wore my new citron vapors yesterday for indoor practice. I love them, the touch and feel is great, my feet feel so stable and strong when make cuts/accelerating. Shots were excellent. I loved it, i missed the feeling of having a good fitting pair of vapors (my pine green ones were half a size to big then stretched unnaturally for vapors). That is until the blisters came. I had totally forgot what its like breaking vapor in haha.

Well, looks like im in for 2-3 weeks of hell. Still love these babies though :)

11. endlesswinterco

endlesswinterco BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2008
    East Coast
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Soorbob,

i posted those new ronnies back on Dec 9th, and everyone thought i photochoped them. gotta love it. i get no respect. new release thread III, post #257.

12. T90 OzzY

T90 OzzY Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Kent, Marden
    Ahhh, I'm not actually spoilt

Puma V1.06's didnt fit, sent them back REFUND
    Laser I's got for 13th birthday, wore and sold, Made made from that to buy
    Laser II's hated them so sold them for around £75ish
    had money to buy the SL's which cracked so I got a full refund and then got the V1.08's which I sold because I didnt need them, got all money back.
    then came the SL's, kept a pair, sold a pair for double the price, then my Sl's just decided to die on me so I got a full refund, bought a pair of Steam II's and Vapour IV's both in Citron, both of them cost £120 so it was okay. then got given the Powerswerves for free

SO.....
    in theory I only spent about £170 on boots and trainers.
    I had nothing else worth buying and I just have a strange passion for football boots...
    call it an obsession if you will...

Sam

13. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I had a pair of the ICE MV IIIs which fit much differently and a lot more snug compared to my MV III argons. Both boots are the same size

14. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No, normal Vapors were made in Italy until the citron and I am assuming (I have yet to see them in person) the charcoal model.

15. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It also says according to soccer.com's info that citrons weigh 9oz and all the other IVs say 8.1oz. THERES NO WAY YOU'LL BE FAST WITH THE EXTRA .9 oz!

16. emu og

emu og New Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Constructive post man.

17. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Showing a difference between bosnian and italian vapors bud.

18. patrick s.

patrick s. New Member

May 25, 2007
    Toronto
    is the difference in size from the regular IV's to the III's about half a size ?

i'm thinking of getting a pair from a user here, but i couldn't find a store that had the IV's in my size (only a talaria in a 14:rolleyes:)

my III's are US9,for a nice snug fit, should i stick with the same size for the IV's or half a size down ?

(tried searching but couldn't find it)

19. emu og

emu og New Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Go a half size down in IVs. And probably a full size down in SLs

20. patrick s.

patrick s. New Member

May 25, 2007
    Toronto

good to know

21. junglist

junglist Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Does anyone know if there is a difference in sizing when comparing the legend 1's to the legend 2's

22. gritita

gritita New Member

May 24, 2008
    I wear a 10.5 in Puma V1.08...Should i order a 10 or 10.5 in Vapor IV?

Thanks

23. emu og

emu og New Member

Jul 22, 2008
  24. peter_b

peter_b New Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    have a little problem.. I have some Nike Mercurial Vapor I but the sg studs are worn out .. so is there someone who know where i can buy some new or are they sold out?

please answer

25. wovsk8r

wovsk8r Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Norfolk Va/san diego
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well i got rid of airlegend 1's in a 9 cause they were too small but then i went to but some tiempo II turfs and the 9.5 was too big idk if that helps since its the lower model and i ended up gettin a 9 in those