Nihat Kahveci to LA Galaxy?

Discussion in 'Turkey' started by barroldinho, Jul 12, 2011.

1. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Rumours are surfacing that Nihat is in talks with LA Galaxy. They desperately need a striker. I recall him being a gifted striker in his prime, especially in Spain, however, I notice his numbers were pretty low after he returned to Besiktas.

I'm just interested in getting some opinions on his current level and if he could make an impact in MLS?

2. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hi! :p

3. Barish

Barish New Member

Jun 28, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Besiktas had all sorts of management troubles with a dodgy top flight crew. It's quite natural that the guy might have struggled to adapt back to the old gang's way of doing things after seeing in Spain how things should actually be done. So yes, he might be getting old a bit, with a string of injuries and stuff along the way, but as they say it around here, "the mosque might be a wreck now, but the minaret is still there".

If the LA Galaxy guys are intending to get him on board, I believe their spectators can expect some great football on the pitch next season.

B.

1 person likes this.
  4. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks for the info. The rumour seems to be gathering steam.

5. Barish

Barish New Member

Jun 28, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    ...and now that Besiktas is also in the pit along with some other clubs fearing for their lives in the latest match-fixing scandal (two players fessed up yesterday having received money and a racing horse from Besiktas and Fenerbahce prior to the cup final, and it also showed up in their manager's phone conversations etc.) the chances are that LA Galaxy guys can sign him for free, as his contract with Besiktas will be null and void by law if Besiktas is found guilty and relegated to the first division from Super League -which, to be honest, looks like it.

B.

6. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea but im still not convinced he is good enough, his numbers are pretty bad in the last year or two. if we get him on lower wages great, but he will probably want good money

7. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Any news update about this rumour?