Night Before/GameDay: USA vs Spain 6/4/2011

Discussion in 'Boston Chapter' started by GOREVS3000, Apr 3, 2011.

1. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh it's on.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S58rstMhKK8"]YouTube - USA Beats Spain 2-0 in the Confederations Cup[/ame]

2. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supporters Section seats now on sale. $52 for members, $57 for non-members.

[​IMG]

http://www.theamericanoutlaws.com/store

Get em before they sell out, because this game will sellout. Word from US Soccer is this game is GA.

3. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People looking to help plan the tailgate should contact BigSoccer user jrkumor as she is organizing a meeting next Monday at Bar Louie at Patriot Place cat 6:30pm.

4. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UPDATE FOR

Tickets
    Tickets don’t go on sale to the general public until next Wednesday, April 20 but since you’re special you can order them now through AO National. Members can purchase tickets in the supporters section, behind the goal, at $52 and non-members can purchase them at $57. It’s in your best interest to buy these tickets sooner rather than later as this game is expected to sell out. We will not have last minute extras for people. Buy your tickets now.

Parking
    We’ve secured a private lot across from Gillette Stadium at this game. Many options were bandied about but we decided this was the best one. There are many benefits to going with this private lot, most notably a four hour tailgate before the game-more on that later. We’ve also locked in a discounted parking rate of $30 at this lot. We’ve checked with other lots around Gillette and all will be $40 or more. We will be sending a parking pass out to members and those who bought tickets. You won't need the pass to park in our lot but you will need it to get the discount. Please don’t abuse this pass and send it to all your friends, it’s one of the benefits you get for being a member. All USA fans are welcome to the tailgate and our lot. Please contact Garrett for any questions on this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tailgate
    AO is putting on a great tailgate for this event and we’re looking for people to help make it even better. This Monday at 6:30pm there will be a planning meeting for the tailgate with the other AO New England chapters at Bar Louie at Patriot Place. If you want to help out at the tailgate or have some cool ideas please email Julie or, better yet, attend this meeting.

Buses
    We’re working on running buses to this game from our bars in Boston. The deal isn’t set in stone but we’re working on it and should have it very soon for you guys. If you have questions please email us.

Night Before
    The night before party on Friday, June 3 will beat the Banshee in Dorchester, easily accessible via the JFK/UMASS stop on the Red Line. The American Craft Beer Fest is taking place that night too at the Seaport World Trade Center from 6-9:30pm We’re not officially doing anything with that event but if you’re interested in hitting that up before going to the Banshee go for it. For questions please email Chris.

XOXO,
    AO Boston

5. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome Bus 2.0
    USA v SPAIN

[​IMG]

Join us June 4th, 2011 for
    Awesome Bus 2.0: Cruise Control.

Those of you who joined us last time got to see Stu Holden smash in a late goal to earn a point for Yanks B-side against a surprising Haiti side.

This time the stakes have been raised. The United States are taking on Spain, the number one team in the world, and they will need all the support they can get as the prepare for the 2011 Gold Cup.

We will be departing from the Phoenix Landing in Cambridge and the Banshee Pub in Dorchester no later than 11:30 and arriving at the American Outlaws tailgate across the street from Gillette Stadium at 12:30. The buses will then be returning to the bars about 30 minutes after the match.

You can reserve your spot on a bus from either bar for $25. How?

Just send $25 to americanoutlawsboston@gmail.com via PayPal and during the purchase indicate which bar you will be getting the bus at.

Banshee Pub
    934 Dorchester Ave.
    Dorchester, MA
    JFK/UMass stop on the Red Line
    www.bansheeboston.com

Phoenix Landing
    512 Mass Ave.
    Cambridge, MA
    Central Sq. stop on the Red Line
    www.phoenixlandingbar.com

Please sign-up now as these will fill up. There is intense interest in these buses not just from you, our local members, but from US fans flying in from around the country for the game. The buses are scheduled to leave the bars no later than 11:30 am and return to the bars no later than 9:00pm.

Tailgate
    AO is putting on a great tailgate for this event. Food will be provided for all AO members in the lot for free, though donations are appreciated. Also, due to very strict Foxboro liquor laws the tailgate will be BYOB. WE WILL NOT BE PROVIDING BOOZE! So stock up before you get on the bus (there is a liquor store next to the Banshee and a few within walking distance on Mass Ave. near the Phoenix Landing).

8. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OUT OF TOWNERS TRAVELING TO BOSTON

If you are traveling for this game and planning to stay overnight AO has reserved a block of rooms at the Hampton Inn in Cambridge across from the Leechemere Green Line station. Please contact brian@theamericanoutlaws.com for more info on reserving these rooms. The rate is $149 a night and there are a limited number of rooms.

There are several graduations in Boston that weekend and they have gobbled up many of the hotel rooms already.

9. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey All Me and My buddy are coming up from Denver for the Game and couldnt be more excited! Had a Few Question, I know with some of the other Locations there is a fairly long march to the stadium... Clearly we wont March From boston but any info on that would be fantastic! Also Heard Traffic is a damn nightmare getting from boston to foxboro so any tips on that would be great Thanks

ps i would be remiss to ask where i can find the best clam chowder and afforadable seafood in the city because after i get done with this trip i plan to have more mercury in my blood than jermey piven after a 3 month sushi binge

10. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All the info you need is directly above these posts.

11. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah man, check this thread, all the info on the bus and tailgate are here.

As far as seafood is concerned, I hate to say this but I really think Legal Seafoods has the best clam chowder in Boston.

There is great seafood right by the AO hotel though. Courthouse Seafood is amazing and right on Cambridge Street. Probably an 8 minute walk from the hotel.

12. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how far is the hotel from fenway... my budy and i are also going to the day game against the A's that sunday

13. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the end of the Green Lone so you can take any train but E from there to Kenmore Square and you are at Fenway Park. It works in your favor as the train will be empty when you board.

14. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like you have an awesome weekend planned.

Check out the Bleacher Bar. It sounds really corny and touristy and it is but the view can't be beat. At field level looking in from the outfield.

For good eats around there, I would recommend "The Lower Depths" in Kenmore Square. The food is fantastic bar food and the beer selection is top notch.

15. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cheers!

16. thecastigador

thecastigador Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Boston (JP)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know what time the Banshee will be opening on the 4th?

19. thecastigador

thecastigador Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Boston (JP)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would imagine 8am, but I can double check for you.

20. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey guys first of all to the revs fans... lets have a good match tomorrow between you and my rapids... second what is the latest we can register for the bus trip to foxboro?

21. ToysForBots

ToysForBots New Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You probably want to register for a bus trip ASAP. The first bus from the Banshee has already filled up, and there won't be a second unless they have enough people signed up to cover the cost. Just fyi, if you do send money but they still don't have enough people for a second bus, you'll get a full refund. :)

22. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the problem is me and my buddy dont know where we are staying hahaha

23. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well there may or may not be rooms left at the Hampton Inn in Cambridge. Contact BHexsel@theAmericanOutlaws.com

Otherwise you might be on your own. If I were you I'd stay in the city don't stay out in Foxboro or the burbs.

Ticket sales for the supporters section through AO are now closed.

24. thecastigador

thecastigador Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Boston (JP)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I imagine you will be somewhere with public transit options?

If so your choices are to get spots on the bus, or to rent a car to drive to Gillette. Not really any other ways there.

25. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've sold out three buses and are considering running a fourth bus. Currently trying to size up what the demand is for a fourth bus. If you are deadly serious about taking the bus please email AmericanOutlawsBoston@gmail.com ASAP or post here your intension. We have 14 people committed right now but we need more than that to justify spending the money.