Nico's Southern Fried House of Ribs, Tips and Advice

Discussion in 'nicodemus Guestbook' started by nicodemus, Jul 15, 2003.

1. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ross, i still plan on getting your most recent serious question, however, i'm at a friend's house right now and trying to not wear out my welcome.

also, i think i might buy a computer this week and sort this nonsense out.

2. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    then, I'll never see you. ;)

3. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not true, you still have cable :D

i still need you to take the picture of me in the fire jersey so i can get it to bethany. tomorrow or tuesday perhaps?

4. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001

sure. digital camera needs to be taken to Sabor wednesday.

5. ross from st paul

ross from st paul New Member

Sep 13, 2001
    gold river, CA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One word:
    DELL!
    This advice comes to you from Ross's Northern Frost House of "Tater Tot Hot Dish," "Ziti Bake," and Straightly-Brung Truth.

6. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Nico, I loved the avatar and tagline combo with the lion. bring it back?

7. fiddlestick

fiddlestick New Member

Jul 17, 2001
    The 4 8 0
    Fear these men:

[​IMG]

8. fiddlestick

fiddlestick New Member

Jul 17, 2001
    The 4 8 0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

courtesy YCJ

9. ross from st paul

ross from st paul New Member

Sep 13, 2001
    gold river, CA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fear? But the first one's a dick, and the next two are cool guys. To fear? (besides, there's glimpses of the "young hottie heaven" duo in them pics!)

nico, this isn't really a question, because I'm already going...
    ...but if I were ask if I should go to a concert tonight, featuring Congolese band Ba Zebola, would you recommend it? Relevant details: I am not familiar with this band...it's free, it's outdoors, the weather here is gorgeous tonight, and if she can swing it, Musician (speaking of gorgeous) will be there. Keep in mind, if she shows up in a sundress again, I really don't see how I'ma avoid lapsing straight into a coma...

10. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was actually going to bring it back, but when I google searched for that image the other day, I couldn't find it. The page that it was on has been removed :( I may have something similar, but it won't be exactly the same. Look soon though for the return of the Baobab avatar of the man holding the record :D

11. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, at least for me. I'm a sucker for Kung Fu flicks and soccer movies.

Man, I've even seen Ladybugs, but I must admit I have no designs on seeing Soccer Dog.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of those puzzling aspects of the demented yankee mind. Some questions are better left unanswered.

13. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps. It is amazing how women can freak with our mental wiring and not even realize it. But yes, overtime, it does in fact subside. I don't know if it really subsides, but you build up a tolerance to it. There will certainly be times when you freak out and can't handle it, but more or less, you'll eventually be able to carry on more or less "business as usual."

To give a more direct answer: "No, we're men. Blithering idiotness over a woman's look is wired into our design."

14. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PM me your email address and I will send you the recipe for a reasonable fee ($25,000.) It already exists, but we're careful who we let have it, plus it comes with a decent sized pricetag.

15. dearprudence

dearprudence Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Chi-town
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to say, I have a different take on this.

My mama is a Southerner, through & through (for the one or two of y'all who don't know it, her name is Dixie Lee). I was raised by her standards, which was the standards of the South of her youth - even stricter than today's standards. I would die before going to church without hose, even if it was 106 in the shade with 400% humidity. I know my glove size. I can ride side saddle. And I surely know better than to put sugar on my (shudder) grits!

Some people I know who moved to the South are raising children who just don't get it. They're constantly sticking out like sore thumbs, because their Yankee parents don't know any better. They underestimate what's important to the Southern culture, and therefore, are raising children who will only fit in the Yankee-fied Southern bastions of southern Florida, the Outer Banks, & Atlanta. How many Yankee children or children of Yankee know the importance of "yes, sir" or "yes, ma'am"? How many of the female miscreants are incapable of that truly Southern "freeze" delivered to unruly men? How many of these geographically challenged Yankees in the South know the importance of the doyennes of their community and connect them with their future (in)ability to get into a fraternity, a sorority, the Junior League, or a NASCAR race?

I say it's criminal. A Yankee simply cannot raise a Southern child. Period. They may learn to drink sweet tea & to salt & butter their grits, but they'll never be completely immersed in the richness of the true heritage of the South.

[/soapbox]

16. IrishLass22

IrishLass22 New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    LAL & FRO

Yea, but we have snow...

17. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spoken like someone that never had to shovel it. :D

18. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    Hey, you leave her alone. ;) My father (crazy man he is, you all met him) was always afraid to shovel snow. Maybe it had to do with the fact that his father had a heart attack while doing so. Hmmm....

Anyway, us kids felt the wrath of Chicago winters. And the ONE winter that there happens to be extremely little snow, I live in California. :mad:

19. IrishLass22

IrishLass22 New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    LAL & FRO
    Ahh, if only that were true. Shoveling builds character...and back muscles. :)

In my mind, the sledding and the snowmen and the White Christmases make up for all the shoveling. I'm a Northerner, born and bred, and shall remain proud of it, no matter what you southerners try to say. ;)

[/don't hurt me]

20. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001

You say that like it is a good thing.

21. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and you can keep it.

22. fiddlestick

fiddlestick New Member

Jul 17, 2001
    The 4 8 0
    Dear Nico,
    I've only recently discovered what "rain" is. WTF is "snow?"

23. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Snow, believe it or not, is incredibly minute droplets of frozen water...kind of crystalline. I know you barely know what water is, but snow is what happens when water gets colder than you'll ever want to be. You know when you open the top part of an old refrigerator and there's that build up of white crap, well, that's kind of snow, although it is thankfully contained in a little box that you control.

While occasionally pretty to look at, snow is ultimately a pain in the behind and makes you have to nearly mummify yourself to be present in it.

Here's an example of the horrors of snow:

[​IMG]

Just remember: "Snow, it ain't your friend."

24. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Snow used to be my friend when I lived near mountains and had money to ski, now i have neither, so snow can bite me. heehe. That rhymed.

Nico,
    I've developed a habit of eating altoids like crazy, like 10 tins in 14 days. But its helped me cut back ciggerette consumption considerably (less than one pack in 14 days). Should I be concerned about cavities or just go on with the altoids?

25. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is an inane consumption rate my sideburned friend. However, altoids are quite tasty, especially some of the new flavors. I would recommend brushing your teeth quite a bit though as that's a lot of candy. I still think its got to be better than cigarettes though.

Plus, in their early days, Vigilantes of Love used to leave an open tin of Altoids on the edge of the stage for the audience to partake in. If Bill Mallonee is giving it to you, it can't be all bad.

But, then again, even good things are better in moderation. Stop smoking, slow down on the mints. If one has to be done in profusion, wear the mints out.