Nick Shows!

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by TheMetroClover, Nov 2, 2003.

1. TheMetroClover

TheMetroClover New Member

Nov 2, 2003
    manchester, CT
    I just wanted thank Nick S. for showing up last night at the Sheraton and being true to your post from Friday. We weren't sure if you would show considering what went down last night, but you did and that meant a lot to those of us who were there. Thanks for the round of drinks.

2. Heywood

Heywood New Member

May 14, 2000
    Plainville, CT
    And a thanks from me as well. I appreciated how you asked our opinions on things.

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Why wasn't I invited?? :)

4. Metro_tico

Metro_tico New Member

Mar 31, 1999
    Yup! Thanx Nick!

He showed up as promised...
    He had drinks w/ us and answered our questions...
    I am impressed...

Thanx again Nick!

5. Metro_tico

Metro_tico New Member

Mar 31, 1999
    He posted it Friday! a couple of threads back

6. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    F|_|CK..... never saw it.... oh well..... So what did you bhoys say to Nick? And what did he say as well?

7. Metro_tico

Metro_tico New Member

Mar 31, 1999
    He asked what happened in 101...We told him!
    He thanked us for showing up and apologized for the result.
    He explained the whole MPF idea, the turkey idea, his thoughts about the players...
    Nick reads the boards...Part of the reason he decided to post on these boards every Friday is that he feels there is a lot of people who are misinformed about the team...
    He said he was very interested in helping the ESC grow. He asked what could be done to make it bigger. How could he help, etc.
    He seemed like a real nice guy.
    As Metro fan, I really appreciated the opportunity to talk to him, share my thoughts and opinions w/ him.

He'll probably do it again...
    We'll pass the word around (louder)next time...

8. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and ?

is there hope for the future , did you feel better hopeful or actualy sad and down ?

9. Metro_tico

Metro_tico New Member

Mar 31, 1999
    I got a good feeling about the whole thing...According to Nick the stadium is pretty much a done deal...for 2006
    We have A LOT of money to spend during the off season to go out and get some wide players. Nick knows what we need, keep and get rid of.
    Nick is willing to help the ESC grow. He needs our help w/ the media, he needs us to e-mail, call, write to newspapers, radio stations, TV stations, to request media coverage for the Metros.
    He's willing to promote the ESC on the website at the games, etc...

10. soccerfan

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok it sounds good, now how do we go on from here, any any plans in the work, how do we build awarness, how do we spread the word on this things, is there a connection a plan, what now ?

11. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Dont you get it? The man has ignored fans(ask NJB about that) and go as far as not helped us when we asked for it. He left fans who were innocent, but thrown out of the stadium, to fend for themselves and have to pay fines + have permanent records. For stuff THEY DID NOT COMMIT. yet when reached for help Nick is nowhere to be seen and/or says its not his problem. And lets not all forget the way he treats his own players and staff.

Let's also not forget who ordered NJSEA to do his dirty work with confetti, streamers, flags. If you think the NJSEA goons have ALL the blame, think again. Nick as much behind it as they are.

Now all the sudden when his job is on the line, AEG is on his ass about MPF, and no one shows up or cares about Metro he comes to the fans as a desperate plea for help. WHy do you want to help a man that doesnt know what the hell he's doing? If you are eager to help spread the Metro "word" then wait alittle, till the guy gets fired then give the new guy your full support. Granted lets all hope the new guy isnt as big of an a-hole.

12. Heywood

Heywood New Member

May 14, 2000
    Plainville, CT
    You make me sad....turn that frown upside down man! You have such passion in you, such fire! If only it could be positive...

I'm not sure why you think his job is on the line.

13. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, since this is my first season following the Metros, what's the deal with Nick? Reading these boards all season long, I got the idea that he's a horrible GM and most of you guys want him out. Now I read this thread and he seems like a genuine guy. I'm confused to say the least.

14. Metro_tico

Metro_tico New Member

Mar 31, 1999

Why is his job on the line? I think we improved as a team from last year..We have much room for improvement but we have improved...
    You're probably talking about one single incident in which one of your friends did not get help from MFO after he got thrown out, and that's why you think he's an a-hole.
    And as far as the confetti and flags, you should know soccer fans get no respect in GS and it will not matter who our GM is, we will always be treated like crap there. Those things will not change until we move to our own stadium.
    Bottom line is, Nick is willing to speak w/ us and help us grow, and a-holes like you have nothing good to say. Negative comments and sh!t like that is unnecessary.
    Didn't you mother ever tell you? IF you have nothing good to say, then don't say nothing!

15. soccerfan

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well we need to focus our attention to our team The Metros, if we have to do it with Nick and he is willing to help,change, adjust so be it fine with me, sounds positive, at least that much .

16. Metro_tico

Metro_tico New Member

Mar 31, 1999
    That's exactly what I mean!

17. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    What was the deal with the NJB and some folks getting thrown out and stuff? Was Nick responsible for that or was it out of his hands?

During the off-season, hopefully during a USMNT game, we all need to get together at Nathan Hales. The ESC and Nick must sit down, drink lots of alcohol and discuss all of these issues. It's obvious that something is terribly wrong.... and we have to work together to get this sh!t fixed....

He needs us... we need him.... or whoever replaces him down the road.... either way the MFO and ESC have got to come together....

18. UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain Member

May 19, 2002
    I don't need nick.

19. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    DO you think thats was NICK? or Bradley? Do you think Nick had anything to do with hiring Bradley? Do you think AEG doesnt take note of how dismal the season has been financially and the fact that Nick hasn't produced anything off the field. Regardless of what you think of MPF or whatever else he's done it hasnt produce. I DONT think his job is on the line I KNOW so.

Tsk tsk, please dont talk about what you have no idea about. If you would have been in 101 longer than 2 years you would know. The fact that 101 is 50% of what it was iss directly attributed to those incidents and people being repulsed by them.

Blah Blah blah. Like I said some of it has to do with NJSEA, but some of it has to do with Nick. He just passes it off as NJSEA. His goons actually have admitted to it when asked about it.

Oh I see now you wanna get personal? You know who I am, Im not some sock puppet who came out of the blue. You wanna call me an ass-hole do it next week at the roadtrip.

Like I said, Nick is only saying this to you now so that we all start playing nice. That's great and all if you wanna do it, but in the end following his lead will lead to nowhere. He'll still make you do retarded sh!t like sing on some Neto song or wear stupid tshirts that say MPF on them.

Yeah but your mother on the other hand likes dirty talk.

20. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I couldn't have said it better. I don't need someone to buy me a drink....I'm not a whore. I'd rather see a good product on the field.

This is the 2nd year in a row attendance has gone down for the MetroStars in an area with millions of people. Nick's idea to come on this boards this late in the season is a bit disingenous

By the way, anyone notice that this was the first post for the person who started this thread.

21. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    If Nick had come on the boards last week and admitted the MPF idea didn't go the way they envisioned and perhaps made light of it, he would have scored some brownie points with fans instead of trying to defend it.[/B][/QUOTE]

"Misinformed" about what? Nick is the fountain of misinforation. Did he give you any specifics?

22. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    I have alot of positives things to say, such as the quality of young players on this team and also Guevara's play, oh yeah and Eddie Pope. Jolley is his usual solid self(most of the time). And Walker is doing whatever he can , but cant save everything.

Other than that what else is there to be positive about? I mean I could sit here and pretent everything is rosey but the fact is that the team isnt playing well. Our biggest star hasn't done anything in months, plus throws hissy fits on top of that. And our Front Office come out with the most ridiculous ad campaign ever that probably pushed fans away isntead of drawing them.

You are also confusing TALK on an internet bulletin board with REAL life. The fact is that I will be in Foxbor(where Im sure you will too) cheering my head of to try and encourage the team.

23. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    Ok guys...Just like Sergio said no fighting we're from the same team, same supporters group....
    No one is goin to call anyone an a$$hole at the roadtrip, everyone is going to have a good time and Metros have a good chance of winning bc i won't be at that game.
    We cant have the two best drummers arguing w each other cause then we'll end up having 0 drummers...well theres jamison

24. Bora Fan

Bora Fan Member

Dec 14, 1998
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You just answered your own question.

We love you for being a brutally honest fan - but enough is enough my friend.

The Metros have one more game left to play so please wait until it's over before you talk about it like it's over.

Bob Bradley, Eddie Pope, Eddie Gaven, Amado Guevara, John Walker and a new HDC type stadium on natural grass are enough for me to stay excited about our prospects.

Did you expect an MLS Cup overnight? As much as Nick S. has screwed the pooch - it will mean nothing once the Metro stadium is built - and all will be forgiven.

As far as the lame marketing campaign - it speaks for itself - and doesnt need repeating - it sucks.

You have a right to post your opinions and I respect that - just don't be surprised if after a tough season nobody here wants to hear it.

So back to my original point - there's one game left - Eddie Gave has been playing well - Mathis is well over due - so what's Bob Bradley going to do?

25. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    Its like not getting some in 8 yrs.