Nick Rimando's knee surgery

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Jose L. Couso, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
  2. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amen to that.

Here's a question to ponder more in the offseason, but if it takes 6 months to a year to recover, and actually a little beyond that to regain top form. What will United do about goalkeeping for the first half of 2004?

- Let Warren handle it alone, maybe upgrade his backup from Geddes?
    - Bring in an A-League keeper to split duties with Warren?
    - Trade for an older and more experienced keeper like Garlick? (who seems kind of put off by the Rapids getting Cannon)

I think that the next 2-6 weeks will allow Warren to stake a claim, and help point the team in one or two of the directions above.

3. JuanMa

JuanMa Member

Jul 22, 2003
    MD
    I think Garlick would not want to come to DCU knowing the GK starting position belongs to Rimando. He probably wants more of a long term relationship with an MLS club. He is a pretty decent keeper and deserves to start on a team, but not over Rimando.

We will probably have to deal with Warren and Geddes, or Warren and some other inexperienced keeper in the meantime.

Get back soon Rimando! Just not too soon... we want that knee fully recovered.

4. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    As long as Warren has no other sibilings, I say he should get the job. He has played well, I think he deserves his chance. The only point of concern is that Warren is in the U23 pool, so he could be missing time because of the Olympics, which really shouldn't be a problem since Rimando should be back.