Nick Garcia to Norway...

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by the_cyclones, Nov 21, 2004.

1. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those numbers are per year.

It's not a stupid question. American salaries are given on an annual basis, whereas European salaries are given per month or per week. Just one of those fun cultural differences, like using a comma instead of a decimal point.

A friend of mine is back in Norway and involved in the industry...I should drop him a line and see if he can find something out about Nick's trial for me. Savan, if you're Norwegian, you probably know of his brother, Hassan El-Fakiri.

2. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    I'm norwegian and now you shocked me... Brother??? El-Fakiri?? How's that possible? I thought this guy was american.. While Fakiri is Norwegian/African...

3. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The right back playing at Monaco? Or is it Lyon. I think it is Monaco, decent player with potential, can be good going forward.

Specific genuine reasons: The passion for the game is higher and brings a new perspective. The adoration from fans can be enlightening, as well as troubling when it goes sour though. Experiencing life in new cultures is priceless. The chicks are often d@mn hot, especially here. My god are they hot here. Yes, more money = way cool. The change can spark a renewed vigour in one's game, a new appreciation for the sport. The list does indeed go on, but these are specifics mentioned to me personally by our boys here in frozen popsicle land, so they are the ones I am running with now.

4. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway

5. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    You have that right. Tall leggy blonds with fair skin and Scandinavian attitudes towards the human body. The sauna is a staple of life this time of year, and did I mention god bless the oversized towel... If I'm Nick, I'm begging my agent to get this done so I can stay at least all winter.

The downside might be reindeer meat and you would have to like snow. He's a Hoosier so the elements are not new to him.

6. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    So that's how we look like? :D

Well.. That's a finnish thing :rolleyes: :)

Reindeer? Well.. He's in Bergen, not Tromsø ;)

7. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You're ruining the mood

8. soccerme

soccerme New Member

Jul 5, 2001
    Way to go Garcia and all the yanks abroad. Hate to loose any of them but there seems to be a problem... Anyone venture a guess??????? I would love to see Garcia go to Spain or Portugal

9. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    In Spain, Garcia would probably rate as the worst offensive player in the entire league. He's good enough defensively, but there are very few one-way players in La Liga if that one-way is defense.

10. soccerme

soccerme New Member

Jul 5, 2001
    So can anyone explain how some players recieve salaries that are over the max. I should not have to name any names especially in DC??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

11. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the "hypothetical" case you mention, Nike is paying 1/2 of his salary.

12. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    and it's not a max salary. mls doesn't have a max salary. it has a max amount that any salary will count against the cap. the trick is that all salaries are directly with MLS not the team, so you need league permission to sign these big contracts. that's why they're usually on LA/DC/Metrostars. Donovan, Etcheverry, and probably Luis Hernandez and Mathheus are all players who probably made more than the max.

13. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Read in the papers today that Garcia will be leaving Bergen without contract. Mjelde, Brann's head coach, found him to be too "light", and he didn't think he would strenghten our starting XI.

I would really like to see him in action first before giving him the big fat
    "nope". But, unfortunately, i'm not calling the shots.

14. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    One can hope... :) Well, many of the Nordic ladies I've been around anyway. Then again, many were volleyball players.
    Oops. my mistake. Still, that's just plain disappointing. Does Norway just stick to hot tubs then?
    No reindeer in Bergan?

15. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    I'm just guessing, but maybe that had something to do with it? ;) But then again, one can hope! ;) (I'm a girl by the way...And no, I'm not into girls.. hehe..)
    We stick mostly to what we call ice-bathing, which is very popular....among crazy people!

No reindeer in Bergen.. Just rain! Literally!!