Nice value bet on Pompey tonight [R]-League Cup

Discussion in 'Portsmouth' started by Hard core pawn, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Hard core pawn

Hard core pawn New Member

Sep 3, 2003
    Pompey
    Nice value bet on Pompey tonight

Ive got a good value 75 squid bet on Pompey to thrash the hides off Nothampton tonight.
    Just about to set off for some pre match conviviality before the game.
    Hopefully it'll be a good chance to see some of the promising squad players having a really good go, to improve their first team chances.

cmon on you blues

2. blueangel1

blueangel1 New Member

May 23, 2003
    Portsmouth, UK
    Pompey V Northampton (R)

It was good to see Matty back, Smertin was absolutely 100% excellent and thoroughly deserved his Man Of the Match award,Schemmel impresses me more every time I see him play.Foxe looked class on the ball and defended really well.

Wapenaar who played instead of Shaka made a couple of decent saves, Roberts looked strong and fast,Sherwood is not 100% fit though but played better than he did against Blackburn.

The game well it was never going to be a thriller was it? . We had 2 goals disallowed they had a player sent off and had to take their penaly twice!

It ended up with a 5-2 scoreline (Sherwood 2, Roberts 2 and Matty Taylor 1) and us going through to the next round of the Carling Cup!

3. Hard core pawn

Hard core pawn New Member

Sep 3, 2003
    Pompey
    Matty taylor looks back to his best

Great to see Taylor looking so forceful after such a long lay off.
    My value bet was 175 not 75, easy money.
    Im very optimistic about Smertin, looked very classy i thought.

4. worldsoccer-Jeff

Mar 4, 2000
    Atlanta
    :::Mod Note:::

Hi folks,

I just added an [R] to the title of the thread because the results of the League Cup game is talked about in here.

BTW a nice win. I would like to see us make a nice run in the cup, given that we lost are first games in both cups last season.

When is the third round draw?

5. bmw9983

bmw9983 New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Boston
    The draw is somewhere around 6PM BST, so in about an hour or two? (I think...)

6. worldsoccer-Jeff

Mar 4, 2000
    Atlanta
    Pompey are away to Forest in round 3. Game will be the week of Oct 27th.

Not an easy draw. We'll have to bring are A game. Forest are just as good as an EPL team IMHO.

7. blueangel1

blueangel1 New Member

May 23, 2003
    Portsmouth, UK
    The thing is with the forest match it is bang in the middle of two away matches, so thats 3 away matches in quick succession!