Nguyen: PSV v NEC 08/25 (R)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by Clint Eastwood, Aug 25, 2007.

1. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Like I said, Cassio is a good prospect - he's tall, has good agility, decent hands and is YOUNG.

Did he make some mistakes?

Yes.

Did Chris Seitz make mistakes?

Yes.

Is Chris Seitz also a very good GK prospect?

Yes.

Did I scout "off the U-20's"?

Yes.

Would Cassio be an inch shorter if I didn't?

No.

Is this getting very silly?

Yes.

2. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    At this point, hearing 'he scored for young PSV' is a negative as far as I'm concerned.

3. Trabant

Trabant New Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Hey I agree with you, but also with Todd. Based on the WC U20 I can understand that people aren't thinking that he is a potential world class goalie because he played badly for his standards at this tourney.

So if you're saying he's a good goalie based on the fact that you scouted Brazil on the U-20's(I assume you mean the WC U20) I think you are wrong. All the hard saves can be counted on 1 hand, but the mistakes oh well there were plenty of them.

The goal against Poland, the goals against South Korea and all the goals against Spain except the first goal(deflected) can be seen as mistakes because of bad positioning or/and bad decision making.
    His strong points are his throwing, kicking and his desire to become a better goalie. But like I said PSV did not buy him based on the WC U20 but on the South American Youth Championship(Sud Americana Sub-20).

You say Chris Seitz is a very good goalie? I don't agree, he's a decent young goalie nothing more, nothing less but again it's a matter of opinion, I respect yours but don't agree with it that's all, nothing silly about it.

4. toddk15

toddk15 Guest

Yeah this is what I can't understand since he likes to cite Arsene Wenger's moto of not forming an opinion on a player via an international tournament. Seems kinda hypocritical in this situation IMO.

5. Soccerretired

Soccerretired New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Lee Nguyen did not play today. I don't understand :"Weet iemand of Lee Nguyen op de bank zat of er niet bij was en waarom hij niet speelde? "

What's that mean?

http://www.psvjeugd.nl/wedstrijd/1843

Jong PSV - Jong Ajax Soort: Competitie Speeldatum: 03-09-2007 Aanvangstijd: 18:30 Uitslag: 3 - 1 Opstelling: 1. Cassio Ramos
    2. Fagner Lemos
    3. Dirk Marcellis
    4. Rens van Eijden
    5. Bart van Berlo
    6. Rochdi Achenteh
    7. Género Zeefuik
    8. Giel Neervoort
    9. Jonathan Reis (Ronald Hikspoors)
    10. John de Jong
    11. Paul Voss Doelpunten: John de Jong
    Jonathan (penalty)
    Género Zeefuik
    Gepost op 31-08-2007 @ 21:37 door skitta
    sowieso bekijken Gepost op 03-09-2007 @ 21:40 door Loempia
    Weet iemand of Lee Nguyen op de bank zat of er niet bij was en waarom hij niet speelde?

6. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    my guess:

What its about....Lee Nguyen sitting on the bench ( bank zat) why didn't he play? (warrom hij niet speedle)?

My answer: Either 'cause he going to get loaned (or if the window prohibits it) he screwed.

7. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i took it from FreeTranslation.com...

it asks why Lee wasn't on the squad, and was he loaned out?

8. odsum5387

odsum5387 Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It basically means that the poster is wondering why Lee didn't play as well, and asking if there was a loan.

Edit: Oops looks like everyone else got there first.

9. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    He has an injury, don't know what exactly, but that's why he didn't play. I was able to watch the first half of young-PSV against young-Ajax tonight. Actually I almost ran my car into Lee on the parking lot...

:D

He made a rather depressed impression, strolling forward, Ipod on... Not quite a good moment to get injured.