NGR: Just for fun.

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by skydog, Feb 13, 2012.

1. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  2. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The funniest thing about it is the Ronnie LK kid's comments at the bottom. If you ever wanted to know how to out yourself as and idiot and a douche...

3. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This RSL preview/promo is pretty badass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa1DJ008t9Y&feature=youtu.be

Why does it seem like the Galaxy's marketing department is incapable of creating something remotely as cool or creative as this. And why when the Galaxy broadcast its commercials do they look like they were created in someone's basement...in 1993?

4. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's very badass. They're a classy organization. Something like that cost them next to nothing to produce, and while it may not actually gain a single new fans, it certainly has an effect on current fan moral and decisions to renew season tickets or not. I get excited about MLS by watching it and I don't care about the happenings up in SLC.

I really wish we'd put a little more effort into the behind the scenes type stuff for the fans, but our fan base is so transient that outside of the hardcore supporters it probably won't matter. All our marketing budget was used to sign Beckham, I suppose. We as supporters can't really complain given the stellar playing and coaching staff, but it'd be nice.

Even the stupid videos like Kei scaring people in a gorilla suit are something extra that kind of gives you an insight into what the players you support are like off the field. I had no strong feelings about Kei prior, now I think he'd be a fun guy to hang out with and probably will root for him this season, so long as it's not against us. Makes me miss the LA Blog.

6. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a good point. I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth (and yet it doesn't feel like the organization would be stretched thin if asked to produce this sort of thing).

Definitely! I miss the blog!

7. shelbo

shelbo Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    L.A.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally bad ass. But ACB and LARS could do so much better. I am picturing Seven Nation Army into This Is LA. I get shivers just thinking of it!

8. JukeBox

JukeBox Member

Apr 14, 2008
    South East Asia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bring back the LAG blog!! Bring back the LAG blog! Or at least...please make the LAG official site to be more like the blog used to be!!

9. JBZTV

JBZTV Member+

May 10, 2009
    But you guys, who would the FO possibly be able to find in the area that could possibly make a good commercial? I mean they would probably have to bring someone in from Salt Lake or somewhere like that where they know how to do entertainment programming.

Wait, what? Entertainment capital of the universe you say? An internationally renowned film school 5 miles away? Oh, sorry.

10. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like that chant the Rancid guy wrote. Simple, but easy for people to learn and join in without too much effort, sounds great.

Maybe ACB and LARS could do better, but these guys at RSL actually did it.

11. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Complacency. They know that we will show up and fill the stadium, regardless.

Look at it this way.. With those kind of low production costs, you and your friends could make a video yourselves, load it on youtube and show them what you can achieve on a shoe string budget.

12. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. shelbo

shelbo Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    L.A.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1 person likes this.
  14. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  15. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. JBZTV

JBZTV Member+

May 10, 2009
    Pretty cute from a team we beat a combined 7-0 last year.

17. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States