[NFR] Question About Changing Last Names and Going to Poland

Discussion in 'Poland' started by ChicagoTom, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChicagoTom

    ChicagoTom New Member

    Mar 17, 2005
    I apologize for this off the wall question but my wife and I are in a bit of a dilemma and I thought someone in the Poland forum might be able to give me some insight into this.

    My wife and I just got married less than two weeks ago. She is from Poland, but has lived legally in the United States for the last five years with a green card as a permanent resident.

    We have a trip planned to go to Poland at Christmastime. She is taking the initial steps to get her last name changed to mine. That being said, he current green card and passport have her maiden name on them but her real last name is mine.

    The question I have is this....because her last name has legally changed to mine, will she be able to leave and get back into the country with a Driver's license and social security card that have her new last name while her passport and green card have her old last name?

    Will she be given a temporary green card with her new last name or will Immigration and Naturalization Services be able to work something out for her so we can go to Poland and get back without any hassle because of the name change?

    I know this question is bizarre, but I thought perhaps one or two Americans have married Polish ladies and have run into something like this.

    Thanks in advance.
  2. ChicagoTom

    ChicagoTom New Member

    Mar 17, 2005
    If a moderator can please delete this thread I would appreciate it. I already have the information I need and there is really no need for this thread any more.

    Thanks in advance!

Share This Page