NFL Week 7 (R)

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Jeff, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Anyone know, weren't the Donkeys one of the 4 or so teams that started off the season with only 2 QBs?

2. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Correct. They'll make a move this week. ESPN said they have to decide what to do with Buerline (possibly IR, thus probably ending his career). They'll probably bring back Jarius Jackson, who was their #3 the last couple seasons.

I think the refs were screwing them. ABC does a pretty piss poor job of covering the details of a game. They are so busy getting in all the facts they dug up during the week, that when things like a sudden rash of Chiefs penalties happen we as fans aren't getting explainations. Heck one time they cut away to some stupid crap and they came back and the Chiefs had a 1st and 10 after an imcomplete pass on 2nd down. I was lost and they never told me a thing. I bring that up because Gonzalez got TWO offensive pass interference calls. The Chiefs basically complain every week to the NFL that TG gets held by line backers. So the refs watched and called two little bumps on TG, only one of which we got to see, and that was only very quickly.

One week they are way behind and have to pass to catch up. Therefore Green gets 400 yards and the headlines (and personal opinions) are "the passing game finally broke out". No, they HAD to pass, therefore they threw more and executed better because they knew the game depended on it.
    Fast forward to this week. Very close, low scoring game against a hated rival. These games are ALWAYS close and usually low scoring. Sure they missed some plays, but the other team often takes parts of the game away. Keep in mind the Raiders probably have the best starting combo at corner back in the NFL with Buchanan and Woodson. That kinda takes away from the WR game.

I think all Chiefs fans should feel how Lucid said. A win is a win. The NFL has become the definition of parity, with most of the games being decided by 7 points or less. Anything can happen, hell the Texans can beat the Dolphins in Miami for god's sake. Being 7-0 isn't an accident. Winning is contageous, and the Chiefs are proving it!

Man did my heart nearly stop on the last play of that game.