NFL Week 7 (R)

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Jeff, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Pats will lose in Miami. I don't think they've ever won before Nov. 1 down there. Back with the rest of my picks when I get a minute.

2. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Here's the rest of em:

Green Bay at Rams: Faulk's supposed to be back, in the Dome on the turf, I like the Rams in this one regardless of how the Pack react to last week's loss. Even if MNF was vs. Atlanta, are the Rams hitting their stride?

Denver has no Jake Plummer, Vikes get Culpepper back. Gotta like the hosts here in the Dome. Minny can score on almost anyone, and will do so enough to beat the Broncos.

Philly at Giants: man a lot of fun games this week. I don't know what's wrong with the Eagles, and I had a feeling the Giants would struggle. Eagles play well enough to get a road win with McNabb throwing for 2 TDs.

New Orleans at Atlanta: Saints since I read somehwere once that the home team hardly seems to win in this series.

Carolina's win streak comes to an end in a hard-fought loss to the Titans at home. Like the Titans' balance over Carolina's D.

Browns get their third straight win vs. Chargers, who will end up winning a couple before we're all done.

Ravens at Bengals: could go either way but I'll go with the more experienced Ravens by a FG.

Can the Cowboys win 5 in a row? Yup. Will they, at Detroit? Something tells me this is a growing pains upset. Lions tough at home no matter how bad they are.

Jets get win #2 in Houston, Pennington the #3 QB for this one.

Buffalo beats the Skins since they're at home, and can't play that badly again.

Seahawks crush Bears in Seattle.

Tampa Bay's on the right track, and Gruden gets a relatively easy win on the other side of the Bay.

KC at Oakland: Ben mentioned that this rivalry is unpredictable, and it is Monday night in front of the Raiders spikes and chains fans. However, as a team they've got too many issues to beat the Chiefs who win 31-21 in one of those "not really that close" games.

3. LeperKhan

LeperKhan New Member

Aug 10, 2000
    St. Paul, MN
    What's up with the no Sunday night game this week?

4. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    World Series. They do it this way every year.

5. RoverMax

RoverMax Member

May 4, 2003
    NYC
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sucks. I would much rather watch football than baseball even if it is the World Series.

6. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

yes - no faulk today but it is already 14-3 in the first quarter

just wait 'til marshall, sehorn and archuleta come back...

7. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Highlight film: Check out the Hail Mary to Hook and Lateral, Culpepper scramles to find Moss at the 10, who laterals it to Moe Williams, who scampers in to the end zone untouched. Refs looking at the replay but this one will stand. TD at the half will put the Vikings up.

8. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lions suck. One of the most brutal performances in recent history. And, that's saying a lot. Parcells is outclassing Mariucci. 28-7 Dallas.

9. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    i am a bit of an avatar whore...i like to spread it around - rams will likely go back up tonight

10. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was probably the coolest football play I have ever seen.

11. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now 35-7 Dallas. The Lions offense is not helping Mariucci at all.

12. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Terry Glenn's 3 TDs hurts the Lions defense too.

13. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just seconds away from giving up on the Eagles for the entire season when HOLY LIVING CRAP! Brian Westbrook with an 85-yard punt return with 1:15 left.

Now watch them blow this in the final minute. Really, they deserve nothing from this game.

14. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I thought it was the Giants who usually shoot themselves in the foot. First they fumble the ball in the Eagles' red zone and now the blown special teams coverage that led for the Eagles' game winning TD.

15. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the Panthers game, which probably few of you did.

I haven't been sold on them yet, but my reaction to the game is, damn, I want to play the Titans again, not, uh-oh, we really suck. Two fluky plays very early, special teams f'ups, led to 14 Titan points and prevented Carolina from doing their thing.

But if this team wants to win a game in the playoffs, or even win the Super Bowl, they've got to come to the realization that Jake Delhomme isn't good enough. His arm is weak, he gives the laser eye to his first receiver, and he doesn't throw accurately. If they want to dare to be great, they've got to take the chance and go with Weinke. He was pretty good two years ago. He's capable of being as good as all the QBs who have won a Super Bowl since the Rams.

I'm not saying the Panthers WILL win the Super Bowl with Weinke. I'm not even saying the team will improve. But I'm certain Delhomme can't get it done.

16. kwik1980

kwik1980 New Member

May 27, 2003
    Norwich, NY
    Well, with the Giants losing, and now at 2-4, the yearly "fire Jim Fassel" capmaign should officially get underway. They go to Minnesota next week too. Thank God the Yankees are in the Series, or else it'd be an ugly week in NY.

17. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    TOUCHDOWN TROY BROWN! 82 yards from Brady, who moved out of the pocket, and held it until Brown got open. Pats find ways to win, but I never ever thought they would win this week. I feel a lot better know than I have in a long while sports-wise.

18. RoverMax

RoverMax Member

May 4, 2003
    NYC
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dolphins are pathetic. Today was a joke. They should not have lost that game. Our playcalling sucks. If we don't go to the Super Bowl, and if we continue to play this way we won't go, Dave Wannstedt will get fired. This guy just can't coach.

At the end of the fourth quarter, we ran on 3rd and 9. Since Ricky Williams is amazing, he was able to keep his knee off the ground when hit and managed to get a first down. Two plays later, we ran on 3rd and 6. We didn't convert and kicked a field goal, which was blocked. It is bad playcalling like this that causes us to lose games.

The defense didn't even play on the last play of the game. They didn't put any pressure on Brady and Troy Brown was barely covered.

This team is extremely talented. They should be playing a lot better than this.

19. RoverMax

RoverMax Member

May 4, 2003
    NYC
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dolphins are pathetic. Today was a joke. They should not have lost that game. Our playcalling sucks. If we don't go to the Super Bowl, and if we continue to play this way we won't go, Dave Wannstedt will get fired. This guy just can't coach.

At the end of the fourth quarter, we ran on 3rd and 9. Since Ricky Williams is amazing, he was able to keep his knee off the ground when hit and managed to get a first down. Two plays later, we ran on 3rd and 6. We didn't convert and kicked a field goal, which was blocked. It is bad playcalling like this that causes us to lose games.

The defense didn't even play on the last play of the game. They didn't put any pressure on Brady and Troy Brown was barely covered.

This team is extremely talented. They should be playing a lot better than this.

20. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Well last week was a pretty busy one for me putting in a project so I didnt have a chance to make my picks. I can assure you I was 13 for 13. ;)

I did watch all the games yesterday though. The things that stood out:

People, including myself, kept saying the Panthers weren't that good. Maybe they were right.

Moss is a pimp. 'Nuff said.

Lions need a lot more than Mooch can bring a team. Best quote of the day after the game: When asked about Harringtons QB rating Mooch replies " It was 7.1 right? Well thats pretty good for an earthquake on the Richter scale isn't it?"

The Eagles are literally holding on for dear life. While the NFC East is a very weak division.

The Broncos are heading into a tough month. Their #1 and #2 QBs are down for the next 3-5 weeks. Ouch.

The Falcons really suck.

The 49ers made a statement, and the way to the beat the Bucs is to run it right at them.

I think the Rams will win the NFC West. Seattle keeps escaping by the skin of their teeth while the Rams beat good teams.

It will be a very long time before there is a dominant team in the AFC East. Even the Jets have a chance of making their voice heard.

David Carr will someday be great.

McNair is the MVP.

Chiefs 34-30 Raiders (don't go to bed early...)

21. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Some things never change.

22. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    At least Jauron turned things around in Chicago after Wanny messed them up so much ;)

23. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The way things are going right now, it looks like a low scoring and scrappy game.

However things can change in the 3rd & 4th quarter.

24. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Just in time to play the PATS on Nov 3!!!

WoooHoooo!!!

Agree about McNair. What doesn't he do?

25. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Chiefs kinda got a bad draw in getting the Raiders in Oakland for Monday night with the way the season has played out so far. I would have rather liked to have seen the game @ Green Bay or a Denver game in KC or something. But this was just a lose-lose situation for the Chiefs going into Oakland 7-0 against a 2-4 awful Raiders team for a Monday night game that basically makes Oakland's season. 4 of the 8 MNF games have now gone to the last play of the game, and we all knew that was going to happen tonight with a rivalry game like the Chiefs and the Raiders. If Oakland wins, they might actually be able to turn things around for the season. Lose, Oakland is done at 2-5. Well it looks like they're done now.

Having said that, the Chiefs looked god-awful. This team never really has penalty problems, but for some reason tonight, they did. The offense was nowhere to be found. Priest was able to run the ball, but was inconsistent. Priest would either get 10 yards, or no yards, and that has to drive an offensive coordinator crazy. He ran just enough to keep the running game as the emphasis for Al Saunders (The O-Coordinator), but not enough to switch over to the passing game. Even if they had to switch over to the passing game, the only person that appeared to be in position to make plays was T-Gon, and he's been dropping balls left and right this season. How about this stat, there was only 2 completions for 10+ yards to the Chiefs WRs. No way can you win in the playoffs with stats like that. However, Green did throw for 400+ yards last game.

The defense definately showed up tonight, well for only 3 quarters that is. Why the Raiders didn't rely on the run earlier I don't know. That should have been they're game plan coming in was to get 150+ yards rushing because everyone knew they had no passing game.

Anyways, I'm just glad to be 7-0. This team has played some really impressive ball this year and I'm not really worried because I'm sure they'll bounce back next week against the Bills on Sunday night @ Arrowhead. No way this team loses that game, and that'll take us into the bye week at 8-0. Couldn't be happier.

A win is a win I guess.

Side note: Seems so crazy that T-Gon set the Chiefs receptions record. That just tells you how the Chiefs haven't had a dominant career reciever in their 30+ years of existence. Also tells you what a badass T-Gon is. :D